Fingers Crossed For Mogilny

johnnyhasbeen

Any luck he isn't picked up by a team below us, yes there are still a couple. If I am not mistaken he has played International with Kovalev before? Have to check, but I believe so. Have to do some wiggling with the cap, but if we are about to make trades anyway, as it appears, why not.

We have enough bad apples in the dressing room as is. No need to add another one. Especially an overpaid bad apple.

3.5 too much ... for that price we could get more any time and for sure at the trade line! (of course way cheaper by then) hell I dont even think teams with tons of cap space will even take him! unless the pens feel like they have a shot at the playoffs..

if the Dev's pay 1/2 then he will be taken so wait a few more weeks and see

But all in all he's one quality player even if he plays at 1/2 his potential... Would not be upset if we take him. he deserves better treatment than what he's gotten from the Devils pitty

Edited by CoRvInA

I wouldn't mind Mogliny at all. Look at his stats. Yes, he is getting older and he seems to be injured alot but i would take a risk on this guy.

Why? Look at the month of December. If you want the Habs to be playoff contenders then they need a smack in the head (trade) or a good signing. I'm sorry, we have the talent to be contenders but they arent playing like they have the talent. So I do not feel we are contenders unless something gets done becasue this sloppy inconsistant play has really gotten to me.

Ya, fingers crossed he doesn't come here :lol::lol:

Don't need another heartless overpaid player on this team, we already have too many. The guy is old and definetly not what we need. We need to rebuild this team and that means bringing in guys who still have at least 4-5 years left in them.

Also, he as another year on is contract at 3.5M$ :puke: I swear, if BG brings this guy in, I give up on the Habs and BG being a smart GM. The worst part about this is that Eklund rumors that Montreal, Toronto, Florida, Buffalo and Washington are teams that are rumoured to be interested. TO, I can understand them being interested in an old finished close to retirement player, but BG????

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

We have enough bad apples in the dressing room as is. No need to add another one. Especially an overpaid bad apple.

amen, zum, amen - don't need that kind of attitude even if it has a great talent along with it

Mogilny has proven to be a good player but at this price he isnt worth it but also if that trade of chicago is true and devils pay half his contract i would do it ill sign him see what he has to offer if not ship him off to another club who would need him mayb pheonix, since they are looking or offense in there line up.

Edited by koivu-11

Mogilny has proven to be a good player but at this price he isnt worth it but also if that trade of chicago is true and devils pay half his contract i would do it ill sign him see what he has to offer if not ship him off to another club who would need him mayb pheonix, since they are looking or offense in there line up.

I thought that the days of teams paying a portion of the contract of a traded player were over with this new CBA.

Robrock if the Devils sent him to the AHL and called him up he would once again have to clear waivers and on that clearance if anyone claimed him the Devils would pay half of his remaining contract.

The Habs lost Hainsey during this process.

lets remember that before he got here Kovalev was a floater and not doing anything Now he's the second coming and a great force. Kovalev has proven he has got the talent. It would be interesting to see Mogilny bring us the second punch after kovalev. we need scoring he needs playmakers. I say give NJ dagenais and ribero take mogilny they save cap $$ and we have the cap room. Its worth a shot until the kids get here.

why give NJ anything? Mogilny's on waivers.

If you take on Mogilny, you can send somebody (zed? Ribs?) elsewhere for some D upgrade.

I don't know... it could be an interesting experiment... I'd be excited if it happened just because it would be a significant move, but I don't know if it's right.

lets remember that before he got here Kovalev was a floater and not doing anything Now he's the second coming and a great force. Kovalev has proven he has got the talent. It would be interesting to see Mogilny bring us the second punch after kovalev. we need scoring he needs playmakers. I say give NJ dagenais and ribero take mogilny they save cap $$ and we have the cap room. Its worth a shot until the kids get here.

That is very true Kovalev seemed to be a rotten apple before he arrived in Montreal. But since his arrival he has found new heart and drive I have not seen from him in years. Mogilny may be a good risk he has proven that he can score and Montreal is lacking scoring. But I don’t believe Bob will take a risk right now I think he will wait till March or April. Shipping Ribs or Dags might be a good idea to save on the cap room if he does clear waivers.

Personally, I think that there are other teams that will grab Mogilny up before the Habs. And I think I'm okay with that... ;)

HE CLEARED WAIVERS

Ouch that hurts... But I think all GM's rallied on this one Its Lou's Shit making and everyone's smelling what he's standing on!

Mogilny should stay put and wait a while!

btw your source Gohabsgo?

I think Montreal should consider giving him a shot.. you never know what rejection can do to a player like Mogilny. He's probably steaming mad over this, and hey, his current stats would put him as 2nd in goals scored amongst the Habs..could only help the 6th or 7th worst offense in the Eastern Conference, as much as it pains me to say it.

I say pick him up or trade some dead salary for him. Makes Zednik more than expendable (all of 16 points), and he could be attractive trade bait to get a top four defenseman.

my reason for saying to give them ribs/vagenais is to keep us out of cap trouble. we would need to unload salary to pick up 3.5m. I think jersy will take just about anything at this point. If he has cleared waivers it will be interesting to see what lou does now does he have the balls to send him down? or could we make a deal for a bag of pucks and jersy pay 1/2 salary? could be very interesting