Enough Of Rumours, Let's Make Some Deals.

kw11habs

:( Here's who needs to go, Theodore while he still hopefully has some value on the trade market and M. Biron, & M. Denis are both UFA's next season so we sign one of them in the off season to a 5 year deal as our # 1 after that C. Price should be ready. Ryder he's to slow, it really showed with Bulis at centre instead of Ribiero he couldn't keep up with Bulis or Kostitsin who by the way looked great. Markov as he should have good market value, Zednik, Ribs, Dags, no explaining why they have to go, Bonk but we'll get nothing in return so I say put him on waivers or get a 4'th or 5'th rd pick. Souray I'm tired of seeing him get beaten like a rented mule every night, I watch alot of hockey and no one gets beat as much as him 1 on 1. Sundstrom I like him but he's expendable with energy guys like Begin, Murray, Higgins and maybe Ferland around. So here we go Theodore, Ryder, Markov (7mill in salary) to Colorado for Tanguay, P. Budaj, J.M Liles and I. Laperriere (6mill in salary). Then Zednik, Ribs, Dags, & Dandenault (who is another player who doesn't seem to be much of an asset, has great speed, no offensive and gets pushed around to much in the defensive zone. (5.2mill in salary) to Chicago for M. Bell or K. Calder, I would love it to be Bell but we might have to settle for Calder, along with T. Arnason and J. Spacek (4.4mill in salary). Then Souray, Sundstrom, & Vandermeer (3.1mill in salary) to Minnesota for P. Dupuis, F. Kuba and D. Boogaard for the simple reason of not getting manhandled by Ottawa and Toronto come play-off time (2.9mill in salary). Bonk we coould try to send to Columbus along with Huet for M. Prusek and a draft pick. Then we look like this Prusek, Budaj and Danis in nets for the rest of the season then go after 1'st M. Biron or 2'nd M. Denis or 3'rd M. Garon all UFA's. Defense- Rivet-Spacek, Kuba-Liles, Komisarek-Bouillon. Up front - Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, - Arnason, Bell or Calder, Dupuis, - Laperriere, Bulis, Begin, - Murray, Higgins, Boogaard and Plecanek when he gets back. Ferland, Perezhogin, Kostitsin as call-ups. The 2 million we saved in salary with these moves will help to sign some UFA's in the off-season. #1 goalie, a hard hitting D-man like D. Gauthier, and possibly O. Jokinen.

I think us Habsworld junkies have developed some fixation with Colorado and Chicago. Every thread about a trade seems to mention them.

I agree with Chicago. They are going to be swimming in good D. Between Aucoin, Seabrook and Cam Barker (next year) they're going to look really good.

No one has mentioned another marquis D-man who I think is having an off year, as such he may be a little easier to pluck. Jay Bouwmeester anyone?

Ok well this is what i would do if i was gainey.

Theo,Ribiero=Garon,Frolov(make sure u sign garon)

Dagenais,Zednik=Calder,Keith(make sure u sign calder)

Bonk,Dandenault,Bulis,2nd=Mikku Koivu and maybe derek boogaard

Ryder=2nd pick from Colombus ( cant think of anything right now) maybe a 4th line player?

then the lines would be.

Frolov-Koivu-Kovalev

Calder-Koivu-Perezhogin

Higgins-Plekanec-Sundstrum

Ivanans-Begin-Murray

Markov-Keith

Souray-Streit

Rivet-Boullion

Garon

Huet

Then we have chichura and latendress but we see what happens then i say give them 1 or 2 more years to develop and mature.and then the cap would be 31 768 700 would be in that rang if koivu would get 4 000 000 begin another 608 000 streit 600 000 garon 3 500 000 and sundstrum get 1 000 000 and also since the cap is goin up we would be well under the new salery cap. :king:

Edited by koivu-11

I have a solution to save time in trading half of our players to 2 or 3 teams. Why not trade our entire roster for one that BG would rather have. He could call Muckler in Ottawa or Ken Holland in Detroit and swap teams. Now I know Bob will have to work hard to convince either of these two that the current Canadiens team is better than the crap rosters that Detroit and Ottawa are icing on a daily basis’s I for one have faith in Bob to pull the trigger on this blockbuster.

I have a solution to save time in trading half of our players to 2 or 3 teams. Why not trade our entire roster for one that BG would rather have. He could call Muckler in Ottawa or Ken Holland in Detroit and swap teams. Now I know Bob will have to work hard to convince either of these two that the current Canadiens team is better than the crap rosters that Detroit and Ottawa are icing on a daily basis’s I for one have faith in Bob to pull the trigger on this blockbuster.

Only in our dreams lol, but i think my trades work and saves us all kinds of cap space with more scoring ability and better defense

I hope the Habs do not give up on Theo. I know there is a lot of Theo haters here, and I'm not really interested in getting into an argument about it, but people are failing to remember that the goalie gear has changed drastically, Theo is not the only goalie thats struggling this year. It'd be interesting to see if the style of goalie has anything to do with how a goalie is playing this year with the smaller gear.

For Example: Butterfly vs. Stand up.

Bar

Gainey's only move all year was Hossa for Murray. He slept through a 2 month drought and watched us slide down the rankings. And now he will make 17 major trades in 1 day? Trade Markov because he has high market value :blink: that's because he's our best defenceman!!!! Defence is what we need so why would we trade our #1 d-man for a new defenceman who isn't as good? We downgrade defensively, we upgrade a little offensively, we downgrade miles in net and then we get Lappy. Sounds great. You never trade your best players just because they have high market value. You should trade guys like Ribeiro, Zednik and Dagenais who the team can lose. Dismantling your team this season in hopes of signing some key UFA in the offseason is a very risky move. Especially when you're in Montreal and most of the players refuse to play for you.

omg.... I just assumed these trade ideas were all jokes!

Wow. You can't do the stuff like you mentioned... historically you only empty your roster like that when you are getting ready to rebuild... but even then what you are talking about would be a HUGE rebuilding! We are not going to blow up the team.

Wow.

:( Here's who needs to go, Theodore while he still hopefully has some value on the trade market and M. Biron, & M. Denis are both UFA's next season so we sign one of them in the off season to a 5 year deal as our # 1 after that C. Price should be ready. Ryder he's to slow, it really showed with Bulis at centre instead of Ribiero he couldn't keep up with Bulis or Kostitsin who by the way looked great. Markov as he should have good market value, Zednik, Ribs, Dags, no explaining why they have to go, Bonk but we'll get nothing in return so I say put him on waivers or get a 4'th or 5'th rd pick. Souray I'm tired of seeing him get beaten like a rented mule every night, I watch alot of hockey and no one gets beat as much as him 1 on 1. Sundstrom I like him but he's expendable with energy guys like Begin, Murray, Higgins and maybe Ferland around. So here we go Theodore, Ryder, Markov (7mill in salary) to Colorado for Tanguay, P. Budaj, J.M Liles and I. Laperriere (6mill in salary). Then Zednik, Ribs, Dags, & Dandenault (who is another player who doesn't seem to be much of an asset, has great speed, no offensive and gets pushed around to much in the defensive zone. (5.2mill in salary) to Chicago for M. Bell or K. Calder, I would love it to be Bell but we might have to settle for Calder, along with T. Arnason and J. Spacek (4.4mill in salary). Then Souray, Sundstrom, & Vandermeer (3.1mill in salary) to Minnesota for P. Dupuis, F. Kuba and D. Boogaard for the simple reason of not getting manhandled by Ottawa and Toronto come play-off time (2.9mill in salary). Bonk we coould try to send to Columbus along with Huet for M. Prusek and a draft pick. Then we look like this Prusek, Budaj and Danis in nets for the rest of the season then go after 1'st M. Biron or 2'nd M. Denis or 3'rd M. Garon all UFA's. Defense- Rivet-Spacek, Kuba-Liles, Komisarek-Bouillon. Up front - Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, - Arnason, Bell or Calder, Dupuis, - Laperriere, Bulis, Begin, - Murray, Higgins, Boogaard and Plecanek when he gets back. Ferland, Perezhogin, Kostitsin as call-ups. The 2 million we saved in salary with these moves will help to sign some UFA's in the off-season. #1 goalie, a hard hitting D-man like D. Gauthier, and possibly O. Jokinen.

sorry I was so amazed that someone would gut the team for no good purpose that I forgot how to post. Would anybody in their right mind have done this 20 games ago how about right after we beat boston in 04. It's no wonder no one wants to play on montreal. As the saying goes with support like this who the hell needs enemies? enough of the crazy talk GET SERIOUS!

*lol* You'd trade nearly the whole team ... maybe it works with a EA Sports game but not in reality. :P

Too true... Everyone seems to think that being a GM is as easy as playing EA Sports... Sheesh... Never mind the fact that you'd hope that everyone will be gelling the minute they arrive in Montreal...

The Habs are a rock. From first in the east to eight. Almost panic time.

Most people seems to think that Dagenais and Ribeiro are the ones that should go but I don't think so. I can't imagine Dagenais and Ribeiro having trade value. In order to get something in return you have to give unless another team wan't to dump salary.

Mogilny? Sure if the price was right. And now it's not. The Habs could find themselfs in a hole with both Bonk and Mogilny when Chris Higgins and Perezhogin could do the same think for the team.

Ryan Malone? Heard a rumor that the Pens are shopping. At 750.000 I think it could be a good one.

Well here comes a deal:

How about trading Radek Bonk and Richard Zednik to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for Denis Gauthier and Petr Nedved?

Result:

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Nedved - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Higgins - Sundström

Plekanec - Begin - Dagenais

Rivet - Markov

Souray - Gauthier

Dandenault - Komisarek

Extra D: Boullion

Extra F: Kastitsyn

Seems fair to me.

Here's my theory...play the rookies, I want them in the lineup. If we make mistakes and lose with rookies, it makes me feel not as bad as when we make mistakes with vets.

This may not be realistic, but I want the habs to play all out offense, I hate when they stay back and try to defend.

I mean if many armchair goalie coaches here on Habsworld can see that Theodore is going down too early, then why can't professional coaches, and Theodore himself.

I get so pumped up for games, and then Theo lets in a weak glove hand side goal and it's like deflating a balloon, and it shows on the players. I honestly expect the other team to score everytime they come roaring down the ice, or are on the power play. Can anyone explain why the habs play with a passive box on the penalty kill when they have such great speed that they can challenge the D-men? I mean with it being harder to move guys infront of the net, you think it'd be an obvious choice. The goalie usually can't stop what he can't see.

It must be hard to always be coming from behind.

Bar

I can't wait to get jumped on for this, but i'm a firm believer in the idea that if a guy is not going to do it on your team than trade him and get what you can regardless of what he's doing to do somewhere else. Call it the Vince Carter rule.

Theo is not the Theo of old, for whatever reason, throughout his entire career even in his vezina / hart year he always gave up soft goals, he'll make ridiculous saves and give up soft goals. I was completely against this at the beginning of the year, but i've now been convinced that we should trade him for an offensive supoerstar ie: Bertuzzi or OTHERS see how Huet and Danis do and if not good, at year end sign a Garon or Biron or whichever other goalie will be available.

Others I would like to see go:

Ribeiro - needs to go, the players and fans have no respect for him, he doesn't work hard and there are still ill feelings about his flopping like a fish in the playoffs.

Dagenais - needs to go b/c he can't play road hockey with 12 year olds unless he's with Ribs

Zednik - Still has trade value and can net us something in a deal with Ribs. For a "sniper" or "goal scorer" he can't. For the opportunities he gets he should be netting 40 goals easy. Worst shot accuracy I've seen and ever since he got smoked by McLaren he does the same move every time down ice and never goes into the middle anymore.

The rest of the players I can deal with, yes Bonk makes a bit much, but I think now that he's healthy he may contribute some more, the rooks are all awesome and play hard. Kosty looks great, lately Murray, Ferland, Begin do their jobs well. Bulis has stepped up his play.

Those are my two cents let's allow eveyone to start ripping me up telling me how great Theo is and how we can't survive the rest of the year without him and his 890 save percentage