2006 Canadian Federal Elections

blaze53

Who Are You Voting For?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. So Which Party Would Get Your Vote On Jan. 23?

• The Liberal Party (Grits)
    • The Conservative Party (Conservatives)
    • The New Democratic Party (NDP)
    • The Bloc Québecois (Damn Separatists)
    • The Green Party (?)
    • Vote Yourself To Parliament (Smart)
    • Undecided (Make A Choice Now!!!!!)
    • Not Voting (Don't Complain About The Govt.)

Not voting Conservative? I'm surprised King Ralph doesn't throw you out of the province! :lol:

I agree, Puckbunnyz get out of here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDP-Bloc Alliance

Yup I agree with your points and it would be real tough taking the idea from theory to practice -- I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. Anyway I can't even vote anymore, been gone too long. Just taking my mind off the hockey team I was so excited about just two short months ago!

Those new lines look good, though, hope Scramble 'em Julien sticks with them beyond the first shift! Go Habs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

"It's not really important to me. I follow it a bit, but to go vote, I'm not too sure if they take your vote or if they make their own decisions. I don't think it's in the hands of the people to decide. I don't think we decide. I don't think people have power." -Mike Ribeiro

"When you're younger, it's something you take for granted. When you get older, you realize a lot of people have put their lives on the line to be able to have our country where it is today. It's a privilege to vote and something special." -Brendan Morrison

"It's not really important to me. I follow it a bit, but to go vote, I'm not too sure if they take your vote or if they make their own decisions. I don't think it's in the hands of the people to decide. I don't think we decide. I don't think people have power." -Mike Ribeiro

"When you're younger, it's something you take for granted. When you get older, you realize a lot of people have put their lives on the line to be able to have our country where it is today. It's a privilege to vote and something special." -Brendan Morrison

Another enlightened comment from Mike Ribeiro - questioning the very basis of democracy. Why does he have such a problem saying 'no comment'?

:huh:

Either that or I run myself, and once elected I plot for a putsh, crown myself Emperor of Canada and make History as a cruel but fair Enlighted Despot who people will remember as having united together canadians of all ehtnicity, religions and languages in a shared contempt of the Toronto Maple Leafs. :P

Will you be kind to your old HW pals? :rolleyes:

Remember me! I've always been kind with you!

I dont usually agree with Jack Todd-in fact I think his articles on sports are just quick trivial blabber- but his article today on the election was dead on. I am not impressed with Harper. He is obviously hiding his agenda. He sounds like a phony and a simpleton.

However don't get me wrong Martin stutters and he sounds like a phony as well. And Layton sounds like a bad ad firm has been propping him up. And Duceppe wreaks of everything I disdain nationalism for the sake of nationalism no matter who gets hurt.

However, Harper's agenda is ultra right-wing- Do we need to eat up our surplus spending on the military??? The media as well is now getting owned by many right wing conservatives witness the Gazette's nonsensical support of Harper- and forget CTV and even Le Journal de Montreal with the Peladeau backing is shining a light on Harper

Edited by Strummerman

I am not impressed with Harper. He is obviously hiding his agenda. He sounds like a phony and a simpleton.

However, Harper's agenda is ultra right-wing- Do we need to eat up our surplus spending on the military??? The media as well is now getting owned by many right wing conservatives witness the Gazette's nonsensical support of Harper- and forget CTV and even Le Journal de Montreal with the Peladeau backing is shining a light on Harper

so - you've bought what the Liberals have been selling ... that we should FEAR Harper ... that he is scary! These aren't your words, yet you suggest a hidden agenda. We know the Liberals hidden agenda, only because they have been in power for so long - their agenda involves scandels & forcing THEIR morality (yes, i'm talking about Marriage Laws) on the country without allowing the country to speak on the issue - mainly because there hasn't been a viable alternative to the Liberals since the 80s. We know that the Liberals stand for anything they think will get them votes - yet for some, the only reason they won't vote Conservative is because they believe they have a hidden agenda. I believe there is a hidden agenda as much as I believe there are monsters in my closet - sure, i don't like everything in my closet - some of it stinks ... but there are no monsters. I do know 1 thing that more closely resembles a monster than my closet ... the (Liberal) Cabinet!

The media as well is now getting owned by many right wing conservatives witness the Gazette's nonsensical support of Harper- and forget CTV and even Le Journal de Montreal with the Peladeau backing is shining a light on Harper

So, it's 'nonsensical support' if you don't agree with it? How is this different from the Liberal shills, Global and the CBC?

Im just curious if anyone noticed a interesting contest on the NDP site. It was called the Great Paul Martin hunt (or something) They will fly you to any nation Paul flagged his ships under if you win. Seriously, check it out. It made me laugh... In the meantime I'm going to enter so I can win a trip to Vanuatu. :D

so - you've bought what the Liberals have been selling ... that we should FEAR Harper ... that he is scary! These aren't your words, yet you suggest a hidden agenda. We know the Liberals hidden agenda, only because they have been in power for so long - their agenda involves scandels & forcing THEIR morality (yes, i'm talking about Marriage Laws) on the country without allowing the country to speak on the issue - mainly because there hasn't been a viable alternative to the Liberals since the 80s. We know that the Liberals stand for anything they think will get them votes - yet for some, the only reason they won't vote Conservative is because they believe they have a hidden agenda. I believe there is a hidden agenda as much as I believe there are monsters in my closet - sure, i don't like everything in my closet - some of it stinks ... but there are no monsters. I do know 1 thing that more closely resembles a monster than my closet ... the (Liberal) Cabinet!

No Harper has not hidden his military agenda- he will spend and spend on the military and agreee to the Missile strategy of the Americans and agrees to joining Americans on their misadventures-

As for his hidden agenda, Harper is full of it when he says he will allow private member bills on same sex marriage- the next will be abortion if he wins on same sex- obviously this will depend on whether he has a majority- so this conveniently will allow him to wash his hands of any complicity in these backward radical christian ideas- even though I guarantee if he wins a majority he will not only disallow same sex and abortions but he will as well give away powers to the provinces and that means the separatists when they win in Quebec again will have the federal taxation powers etc. yes for me that means a monstrous Canada

Edited by Strummerman

So...I have a question for voters (because Canada's voting site sucks). We never did the census poll or voting poll or whatever so I have no voter card. Can you register at your voting station? If so, what do I need to bring?

Thanks in advance :)

So...I have a question for voters (because Canada's voting site sucks). We never did the census poll or voting poll or whatever so I have no voter card. Can you register at your voting station? If so, what do I need to bring?

Thanks in advance :)

i HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY THAT YOU CAN VOTE. aLL YOU NEED IS PROOF OF WHERE YOU LIVE AND A PHOTO ID.

Elections results:

elections-.jpg

sooooo close to official party status! Canes will have to wait for the next election!

anyways - glad to see Harper win, even if it is only a Minority government. hopefully he will be successful and debunking the myths and 'scarey' label in the next few months so that he and the Conservatives can win a Majority the next time we go to the polls.

as for the Social Conservative views of the party (as opposed to the Economic or International) - it's a shame that some of us feel that an MP free vote on the topic is bad news for Canadians and the proponents of same-sex marriage or abortion. in a democracy, i think free-votes for social issues are the way to go. let the government govern on economics or international relations, etc. - but on topics that are of a social nature, such as same-sex marriage - let every MP vote either with their conscience or on behalf of their riding - as they like.