Commence Vomit Now

habsfan_69

Wow I cannot believe this slide. There is no way I can keep faith in this team. And it does not get any easier the Canadiens play the Sens on Saturday who have not lost 2 consecutive games in a row in regulation and they lost tonight to the Bruins. Also Saturday is when the Sens shine the avg. 6.86 goals per game and have only lost once on a Saturday this season.

Well i guess if this keeps up we have a shot at phil kessel or eric johnson

we've got to slide a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggg way down before we can get to that.

we're 8 points ahead of boston, 11 points ahead of pittsburg, 12 points ahead of chicago, 13 points ahead of washington, 15 points ahead of st. louis, & 17 points ahead of columbus.

that means that 6 teams have to play at least 9 games better than we do in the remaining season.

even if the very unlikely happens, we could still end up picking 3rd because of the top 5 draft lottery. still lots of good players but don't hold your breath that we get there.

we're still ahead of other teams too at this point - new jersey, islanders, florida & san jose.

that makes a total of 10 teams who have to climb over us. the last 4 mentioned should be able to do it easily. boston - likely, pittsburg - maybe, chicago & washington - unlikely, st-louis & columbus - forget about it. we won't 'catch down' to those guys - they'd have to buy some rockets to 'catch up' to us :wacko:

Edited by shortcat1

Kovalev....another no-show

:?- Are you serious? How can you blast the team's best player? I'm amazed at what he's been able to do. He came back from a serious knee injury, and has played 24 minutes a game. That's more than most D-men. If the guy takes a few shifts off, that's Julien's fault for putting him on the ice so much. You can't expect a forward to play those kind of minutes, especially immediately following an injury.

Macaskill's Fearless Prediction: We're going to win the next 4 straight! Only to lose the 5th game in OT!

Yeahhh baby! It ends now... the rookies are getting ice time! (I think... i mean... they're putting up better numbers... I haven't really got to see any of the passed couple games.)

Kovalev has been garbage. No jump, no extra effort. When he loses the puck, his shoulders slump and he drags his ass back. When a teammate screws up, his shoulders slump, and he drags his ass back.

Zednik was better tonight, though he needs to remember this is a team game. How many times did he take the puck into the zone and not do anything with it until someone took it off him?

Kosty is at the same point that Perez was at earlier in the season. Confidence high, buzzing on the ice - anyone remember that? Which means he's due to sit on the end of the bench for a while. Can someone find my eyes? I think they rolled right out of my head that time.

Finally - can someone please explain to our defence the idea behind defence? Thanks. Much appreciated.

Oh, afterthought. Theopendoor? Down too early, not challenging shooters, oversliding. Basically an AHL goalie at this point. His confidence is in the basement, and even when it's up there, he's still not doing well. Sadly, his trade value is about as low. Oh Garon, where art thou?

Well stated FanPuck. This thread should be deleted. Tell you what I'll eat whatever's been vomitted. Show some character fellow habs fans. If it were not for the rules of this web site I'd call you guys out and say that you all suck! Shortcat.... more of your typical blah blah. Nice one dude. As the supreme poster for this site you set a rather poor example. Habs will prevail. :hlogo:

Well stated FanPuck. This thread should be deleted. Tell you what I'll eat whatever's been vomitted. Show some character fellow habs fans. If it were not for the rules of this web site I'd call you guys out and say that you all suck! Shortcat.... more of your typical blah blah. Nice one dude. As the supreme poster for this site you set a rather poor example. Habs will prevail. :hlogo:

it's about time you take your head out of the sand. :blink:

that you're even coming up and vomiting :puke: the alberta clay that you've eaten when your head was buried is surprising. :o

in any case, i'll just carry on... blah, blah, blah, blah............................. :wacko:

Something is very wrong when talented people like Koivu and Kovalev look like crap game after game.

It almost looks like the Habs just lost their first girlfriend or something. Most of the players look depressed.

I've been asking for a MAJOR shake-up for a while now and I hope I get it.

I agree Koivu and Kovalev looked sad all night. Well not all night but after Theo let in the first shot again. Did anyone see the expressions of the players on the ice and the bench it was sad.

Koivu and Kovalev do not have the time to sulk though they need to pick this team up by the bootstraps. Kovalev needs to start putting the puck in the net on a more consistent basis and either Zednik needs to start scoring or a new winger should get a shot on the 1st line. Ryder Kosty I don’t care. And Huet should get the start against Ottawa he did a great job last time.

I agree Koivu and Kovalev looked sad all night. Well not all night but after Theo let in the first shot again. Did anyone see the expressions of the players on the ice and the bench it was sad.

Koivu and Kovalev do not have the time to sulk though they need to pick this team up by the bootstraps. Kovalev needs to start putting the puck in the net on a more consistent basis and either Zednik needs to start scoring or a new winger should get a shot on the 1st line. Ryder Kosty I don’t care. And Huet should get the start against Ottawa he did a great job last time.

I agree. Mix it up - make some guys sit. It's all we can do until Bob pulls the trigger on something.

Fanpuck - yes, Kovalev is our best player. Why can't he be criticized when he's not playing like it? And blaming Julien for giving him too much ice time?? Unreal. If he wasn't ready to come back, he shouldn't have. It's Julien's fault for not playing the rookies enough, it's Julien's fault for playing our best player too much.... and on it goes. When do the players have some accountability for what's going on?

Theo has got to steal a game for the boys. Once we win again, they'll get their heads out of the sand, or else. Yeah we all know defense was bad, but its no worse than it was during his MVP year.

And yes, Kovalev was lazy. Everyone in the league knows that Kovalev is a fiendishly talented player, but only when he feels like it.

As usual defense was pathetic. One top four defenseman in Markov. Not much else after that. And the team lacks #1, #3, and #4.. Overplaying Rivet leads to disaster. Souray still isnt up to par. And the rest aren't exactly more than #5/6 guys.

I heard some whining about trading Ryder -- notice that he is the only Habs forward who scores consistently? Our superstar sniper Kovalev sure hasn't scored very many this year. Zednik's been lackluster. Koivu's never scored much. And don't get me started on Mikey Ribiero.

Edited by smon

Yea, the D is the same, poor at best, i think this year they are actually hanging Theo out to dry alot more this year then in the past, way more point blank tap ins, breakaways, etc. Yes Theo definitely needs to step up as well. Yes Mount Royale hit the nail on the head, instead of blaming the coach, how about putting some blame on the players, who seem to just go out and skate around for 60 minutes and collect a check. Oh, just playing Rivet leads to disater, he had one on his first shift.

Does Julien really have a choice? Yes, i say he does.

He ought to bump Komisarek up the depth chart and actually give him some quality icetime.

But yeah, he does have to play Rivet. It's not like the Habs have anywhere near as much defensive depth as they do on forward. Aside from Komisarek, the pipeline is bare. Sure, we've seen stuff from Emelin and O'Byrne recently, but its a longshot to pin hopes on em before they've played professionally in North America (for Emelin) or the AHL (latter).

Yep, i agree, i also think they could bench Rivet 1 game and put streit in. What the worst that could happen, they'll lose, the other team will score 5 or 6 goals. That's already happening. I also agree about moving up Komi, put him with markov a few games and see what happens.

Rivet isn't any worse than the other Dmen we have. (EXCLUDING MARKOV OFCOURSE)

Dandenault

Bouillon

Streit

Komisarek

Souray

Which one of them is knocking your socks off?

Don't get me wrong, they all have an upside (speed, heart, potential, etc...) but they all play really bad D at times.

Ain't nothing changed. We started this season with everyone on this site agreeing that we need a big game d-man and another power forward. We still do. Finally catching up to us is all. At first our speed made up for our lacking as the other teams were adjusting to the rules.

We also all agreed that it wouldn't be this year, although we should make the playoffs, and that we couldn't trade away our youth for a shot this year. Keep your heads up. Great things are coming for this team, but not this year. I will be so pissed if trades involve anymore of our young guys and not the obvious problematic players.