E3 Big Deals Hitting Mtl?

koivu-11

acording to eklund and his E3 wich is one of those most likely to happen :D

what i got is that if biron is traded a frenzy will happen in trades avs will get biron, mtl will most prob deal theo to bertuzzi only if brodeur waves his no trade clause then brodeur will come to mtl and we get betuzzi from van for theo and then ribiero is gone for brendan witt from washington....

i rly hope that happens but iam scared who gainey will give up for brodeur better not be koivu!!!!!!!

Brodeur has a no trade clause and doesn't want to waive it so it's impossible to acquire him. We're keeping Theodore and would washington really weaken heir D even more by trading their second best d-man?

Don't get your hopes too high!!! Its all rumors and there are too many of them for all of them too happen.

Bob Perno, Ribeiro's agent, did say that Washington is very interested in Ribeiro (they need a passer for Ovechkin) so we'll see what happens there if anything.

Theo for Bertuzzi I would do any day, but i would much prefer for Tanguay in terms of talent, but we do need more of a Bertuzzi type player then a Tanguay. We have speedy wingers already and in the minors (Perezhogin, Kostitsyn).

As for Brodeur, I don't see what we have to offer in return. Also, with Elias back, NJ is hopping to make a push for the playoffs, so they are going to wait and see if they're out of the race before thinking of trading Brodeur...

Too many rumors flying around...Bob must be cooking something....

Brodeur has a no trade clause and doesn't want to waive it so it's impossible to acquire him. We're keeping Theodore and would washington really weaken heir D even more by trading their second best d-man?

Brodeur has to say that publically no matter what. He's a team guy, always has been. I'm not saying a trade will take place, only pointing out that Brodeur isn't going to say anything but what he said.

No offense to you Koivu, but Eklund is full of garbage. He is taking things the general public already knows (eg. Vancouver is looking for a goalie) and then throws completely absurd stuff in, like Brodeur will wave his NTC. I would not take anything Eklund says seriously other then things you've already heard here, RDS, TSN etc...

Either way if anything is going to happen with Colorado or Vancouver and by the way I would trade Theo for Bertuzzi in a second and have Huet and Danis for the rest of the year no probelm.

BUt if anything will happen i doubt it would happen till after they play, as we play colorado this week and vancouver the following week

The thing with Gainey is that when he does a deal its rarely talked about beforehand, due to his cautious and quiet demeanor. So while some of these rumors are interesting to read, and I do beleive Gainey is talking with some teams, I doubt any trades will be like the ones mentioned.

Nobody saw Kovelov coming, no one saw Hossa's deal coming when it did, no one saw him pickking up Langdon or Begin...Gainey acts quietly, it should be no different this season.

I dunno why everyone thinks Eklund is full of it. I'll bet about 90% of his trade rumours have some basis in fact - GM's are *always* talking (it's their job), and I'm sure plenty of those conversations go from the casual to the semi-serious. But in this day and age, it's only the very special trade that is actually consummated. Eklund talks to people in the industry, probably has some pretty good connections, and hears things that you and I don't hear. If he says that two teams are talking about trades, then I bet two teams are talking. Maybe it's not serious, maybe they're even *using* him to mislead the public in some ways, but I'm sure he's not making things up.

So, my guess is that he heard that Montreal was talking about Theodore - and the source he got the info from was fairly sure that it was more serious talk. Or the source could be using Eklund, or throwing him off the scent of the real trade, but I'd bet a fair bit that Eklund is reporting only what he knows.

Sure, take what he says with a grain of salt, but also with a little less disdain.

I dunno why everyone thinks Eklund is full of it. I'll bet about 90% of his trade rumours have some basis in fact - GM's are *always* talking (it's their job), and I'm sure plenty of those conversations go from the casual to the semi-serious. But in this day and age, it's only the very special trade that is actually consummated. Eklund talks to people in the industry, probably has some pretty good connections, and hears things that you and I don't hear. If he says that two teams are talking about trades, then I bet two teams are talking. Maybe it's not serious, maybe they're even *using* him to mislead the public in some ways, but I'm sure he's not making things up.

So, my guess is that he heard that Montreal was talking about Theodore - and the source he got the info from was fairly sure that it was more serious talk. Or the source could be using Eklund, or throwing him off the scent of the real trade, but I'd bet a fair bit that Eklund is reporting only what he knows.

Sure, take what he says with a grain of salt, but also with a little less disdain.

I agree, I don't know why everyone is on Ecklund's case. He has actual sportswriters as contributors on his site including P.J. Stock. I doubt that they would associate them self with a guy full of sh...

A rumour is just a rumour, It means that teams are talking, but it doesn't mean that its a done deal. I wouls estimate that less then 5% of trade talks between GMs actually end up beeing done.

I'm 100% positive that Theo's name as been discussed with other teams. He's having a lousy season for us and there are a few teams actively looking for a goalie, so it only makes sens that they have inquired about him. Will he be traded??? Nobody knows, but I sure hope so. Let's work towrads having a great team next year and who cares for this year. I would trade Theo for a top forward, keep Huet and Danis for the rest of the season and sign a UFS goalie this summer...there is a few interesting ones (Biron, Garon, Fernandez) and they would be cheaper then Theo and better. The saved mony could go on a top D.

No offense to you Koivu, but Eklund is full of garbage. He is taking things the general public already knows (eg. Vancouver is looking for a goalie) and then throws completely absurd stuff in, like Brodeur will wave his NTC. I would not take anything Eklund says seriously other then things you've already heard here, RDS, TSN etc...

Ok yea i know iam not saying there true but usualy e3 they usualy happen or part and well see what happens but it looks realistic besides for brodeur i unno wat were gonna give for him and its up to him to wave it if he wants its up to him not the gm.

ecklund is very full of crud............. it's good fodder for conversation but that's all

Well if Huet can keep it up I'd say send Theo for their choice, Morrison, Bertuzzi, Naslund, or the 2 Sedins

Lets hope he does it again on Wednesday.

Ok u guys are freaking out lol, i understand that u didnt understand what i said before because i was in a rush to finish watching the habs game and i guess i didnt make it quite readable and some ppl make typos no one is perfect.

Then iam not saying that every one of these trades will happen but they can no one is saying they wont happen and i dont know what nj wants for brodeur iam just saying what eklund has on his site and its from a few sources doesnt mean its gonna happen i know that , but also what do u guys think of the trade i think everyone knows already on how everyone "hates eklund" so yea.

Ok aside from the poor posting tactics.

I would trade Theo for Brodeur any day straight up all I have to do is look on Brodeurs' mantle and see his cup trophies and look at Theo's and see his magazine cover appearances.

As for Big Bert I don’t know how he would play under the pressure of Montreal.

IN BOB WE TRUST

I have wondered about Bert's ability to play here as well. Although he is under crazy pressure and media scrutiny where he is.

As for Theo, I don't think it will happen. (I really wish it would) Bob is so thorough at his job, by the time he did decide to trade Theo, he would be in retirement.

I think there are deals out there to be made. The rumour mill is going crazy right now, and although they are only rumours, there is truth to the "where theres smoke there's fire". Although Julien may just be giving Theodore time off to light a fire or compose himself and come back with a strong game, its still a big shot at your goaltender when the best team is coming into town and your #1 goalie is on the bench. Maybe Theodore is on the block, although not playing him in a huge game is a weird way of showing it.

THere seem to be goalies out there for trade including Buffalo's Martin Biron, and rumours keep saying Keenan is looking to deal Luongo. It would seem either of these could be a fit for Montreal.

A potential deal would be Theodore to Florida for Luongo, yes I know, how long have we all been hearing that one right? But obviously Montreal would have to give up something else, but Michael Ryder is too much, and thats apparently what Keenan wanted. Now rumour has it that Nathan Horton is in Keenan's doghouse and has been demoted to 2nd or 3rd line duty. (this kid has 16 goals, on pace for 35 and is only 20 years old, he will be a very good, if not great future power forward). Imagine a future front line consisting of Latendresse and Horton on the wings...all Montreal would need is a good Centre.

So how about Theodore, Ribeiro and Zednik and maybe a higher draft pick up to a 2nd rounder for Luongo and Horton. Montreal has a glut of guys at the forward positiona and some of the younger kids need to play we can afford to lose an extra forward. I would also say chance the 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder if FLorida sends there 2nd round pick back the other way. I know this probably will never happen but it almost seems plausible. Ahhh well, its nice to dream

Nobody wants to see Ribero outta here more than I do, but would Keenan really be interested in this guy? He;s soft, floats alot, poor defensivly...Keenan would eat this guy alive. I think the Washington rumor makes more sense.

If the Habs could get Luongo for Zed and Theo that’s a great deal.

Luongo is younger and in many peoples eyes the soundest positional goalie in the world.

I have never been a proponent of trading Theo but if they could bring back a much better goalie in return I wound not be upset.

However I don’t believe you will see a deal like this done. I believe in the Habs making the playoffs this season and who knows if Jose can fin his old for in the post season.

Some1 siad that montreal has scheduled a press conference for monday on the canadiens.com forum is there ne truth to that????

I havn't heard anything of that but its highly possible for that to happen.

If this is true are press conferences a normal thing, before a road trip?

Or is this something along the lines of a trade or firing type of press conference.

If true, i would certainly be in the firing / trade realm.

However, I doubt it is true, none of the major stations are reporting it, including RDS, TSN, Sportsnet etc...and i checked the forum where it popped up and the poster did not respond once asked for a source.

I hope it is true and that Bob is shaking things up, but I would say it's doubtful.