Don't Get Too Excited...

habsfan88

Yeah that Kovy slash was funny.

He was chirping guys all night.

I really do believe he does like all the attention and if the game had been closer and Montreal was not playing defensive I believe he would have for sure put some impressive numbers up.

I hope he comes out flying against the Avs.

I am honestly surprised he has not had a hat trick yet. When he was with Pittsburgh when Jagr was gone and during Lemieux retirement he had at least 3 or 4 hat tricks a year.

Anybody notice Theo's face during the chanting for Huet at game's end? I hope it gives Theo a kick in the ass. A couple of more Huet starts and I hope to see Theo fighting for respect.

Nice to have Bonk back. I know, I know, he has turned out to be a lack luster point getter. However, he is great on the PK and his defensive skills allow for more play up front. When he is on the ice, I always relax a little more. I just wish he was getting paid a little less.

Like i've always said, watching THEO makes me nervous b/c he'll stand on his head make 30 unbelievable saves in a row and then let in the worst goal. He has always been known to give up bad goals and he usually does it at the worst times.

As unpopular as it is i"d rather have a tandem of Huet / Danis playing goal knowing that they won't make that unbelievable save but won't really give up the softies as often. As long as we get a top notch O player back. I'd be happy with it.

THe Oilers have shown you can win without superstar goalies

Huet and Danis aren't ready to assume this responsibility. Have you forgotten Huets game against Washington where he stunk the joint out. Get used to the fact that Theo is our #1 and isn't going anywhere.

we can only hope that this is an indication of the beginning of improvements. the souray 'A' and the presence of kostsitsyn, etc. who pushed r & d to the pressbox.

we'll see.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I was pissed off that nobody stuck up for our star player. I hate the leafs, but if that was them playing that game Varada and Neil would've been huge targets. Nobody really touched them in this game, and i was pretty mad.

I agree. I know the new league doesn't have room for the single dimensional player like the enforcer, but the Habs are in dire need of a (few) gritty player(s) to stand up to the likes of Neil. You don't have to win all the battles but you do need to show up.

As to any trades, I hope BG holds off a little longer. Lets get closer to the deadline and see who's available that will help us in the future and not just this year.