Ribeiro Taking Kostys Ice Time

habsfan_69

I dont like how ribs is taking kostys ice time. when ribs was scratched kosty playd 12-13 mins today he played 8 kostistyn is a much better player than ribiero hands down please trade ribiero so kosty can play and show julien why we drafted him.

I dont like how ribs is taking kostys ice time. when ribs was scratched kosty playd 12-13 mins today he played 8 kostistyn is a much better player than ribiero hands down please trade ribiero so kosty can play and show julien why we drafted him.

Yeah we all know ribs sucks:( , but i think it's for some teams to see how he is doing. Also there are high rumors of Ribiero going to Washington For Witt So maybe it was to show how he play's? I wouldnt know but i hope he gets delt soon.

Edited by koivu-11

8 minutes isn't so bad compared to what the fourth line was getting earlier in the season. Ferland got something like 2 and a half minutes. Plus, Kostitsyn is only 20 which is 2 or 3 years younger then all of our other prospects so 8 minutes a game is very generous for him. Most guys his age are fighting for minutes in the AHL.

I believe ribs had nothing to do with Kostys ice. I think the score did. The Habs were up for and started to defend and rather than put offensive players out who probably don’t know the system that well they played the players who do also Montreal took a fair amount of penalty’s tonight and against the devils there were very few. Kosty gets minimal PP time and does not kill penalties. Also not to mention Ribs is a centre man and Kosty is a winger.

I believe ribs had nothing to do with Kostys ice. I think the score did. The Habs were up for and started to defend and rather than put offensive players out who probably don’t know the system that well they played the players who do also Montreal took a fair amount of penalty’s tonight and against the devils there were very few. Kosty gets minimal PP time and does not kill penalties. Also not to mention Ribs is a centre man and Kosty is a winger.

very nice avatar... funny one too.

i hope he got the 3rd degree for that. it was an embarassement for the team.

The team was not embarassed, they know what a dislocated shoulder is...PURE HELL....

until it pups-in....than its pure paradise.

PS: As for Kostsytsin not having enought ice-time....compared with what he had in

Hamilton,...you are wright...but thats all you are wright with today.

If this line holds-on for a while...what more can he ask...we better enjoyed him while it last.

Of course Julien when back to his old self during the last part of the game,...for the

reasons described by JMMR.

Geez, you guys are almost like players agent the way you track and compare players ice-time. You think a coach thinks "Oh, can't send this center out there to that that important face-off, he already played 1:24 mins more than that winger. Let's send the winger out there."

Ribs played more mins than Kosty, but also more than Sundstrom, but less than Higgins and Bulis. What does that tell you?

Ribs played *...* less than *...* Bulis. What does that tell you?

That Bulis kicks Ribby's ass and gets more icetime even when he's playing on a lower line than him. :king:

I hope that they gave Ribs some ice time yesterday so that GMs could see him play against a depleted Ottawa Senators team....He's gotta go while he still maintains some up side....The Habs need to have high energy and speed on the ice if they are going to be competitive against highly skilled teams like a healty Ottawa Senators...Unlike Zednik, I dont' feel there is much upside with Ribs...I think as the league continues to emphasize speed, guys like Ribs and Dags are going to become greater liabilities...Hopefully, this will happen while they're on another club....

There is way to much Ribeiro bashing going on. Ribeiro was our leading scorer last year and everone praised him. Now, he hasn't scored in about 30 games and is struggling..and now every comment about him on this board is negative. I'm not saying I'm in love with the guy, but you should show him more respect instead of all looking like bandwagon hoppers.

There is way to much Ribeiro bashing going on. Ribeiro was our leading scorer last year and everone praised him. Now, he hasn't scored in about 30 games and is struggling..and now every comment about him on this board is negative. I'm not saying I'm in love with the guy, but you should show him more respect instead of all looking like bandwagon hoppers.

You fail to realize that most of us were bashing him, even last year and it has nothing to do with the fact that he hasn't scored in 30 games. He's soft, shows a bad attitude and doesn't play well and share with the other kids except little pierre. And then you can look at stunt he pulled in hte playoffs a couple of years back, from what some writers say other players and fans too still think he's a punk for that.

Thus regardless of your overwhelming attempt at guilting us for bashing Ribs, I will keep on bashing him until he gets traded or let go, I will probably even increase the bash rate, the only thing that will stop me is if he has a major attitude change and that's not going to happen.

You fail to realize that most of us were bashing him, even last year and it has nothing to do with the fact that he hasn't scored in 30 games. He's soft, shows a bad attitude and doesn't play well and share with the other kids except little pierre. And then you can look at stunt he pulled in hte playoffs a couple of years back, from what some writers say other players and fans too still think he's a punk for that.

Thus regardless of your overwhelming attempt at guilting us for bashing Ribs, I will keep on bashing him until he gets traded or let go, I will probably even increase the bash rate, the only thing that will stop me is if he has a major attitude change and that's not going to happen.

This was not an "overwhelming attempt at guilting you for bashing Ribs", but I posted that because I did not see eye to eye 100% on what some people were saying on this board. Yes what he did a couple of years back in the playoffs was a punk move, but I am pretty sure he realised that and I have not seen him dive around like he did before, so I think he has changed that.

Another thing - As a fan you have no right to say that he shows a bad attitude, and does not share with the younger players on the team. I understand that there were some evident incidents on the ice, such as that scuffle with Koivu in practice last year, but as a fan you are not with them, traveling with them and playing with them so you cant truthfully say stuff like that. Sometimes even the sports reporters get things wrong.

Anyways...I guess we've both stated our points and theres no point in continuing this friendly debate. I look forward to posting on this board with you in the future

GO HABS GO

I just looked at the icetime stats and Ribeiro really didn't get much. He only had 9.5 minutes of even strength time and then 13.5 minutes total. He was on the secondline. Bonk and Bulis had 5 minutes more than him. If anyone, it wasn't Ribs who was taking Kosty's icetime.

And did anyone notice that Komo sat tonight for Streit? I think it was a good move. With all the stars out Ottawa has very good defence and an average offence. We might as well take the offensive one of the 2 because we were going to have trouble with that tough defence. And Huet will definitely start against the Avs.

I just looked at the icetime stats and Ribeiro really didn't get much. He only had 9.5 minutes of even strength time and then 13.5 minutes total. He was on the secondline. Bonk and Bulis had 5 minutes more than him. If anyone, it wasn't Ribs who was taking Kosty's icetime.

And did anyone notice that Komo sat tonight for Streit? I think it was a good move. With all the stars out Ottawa has very good defence and an average offence. We might as well take the offensive one of the 2 because we were going to have trouble with that tough defence. And Huet will definitely start against the Avs.

Does anyone else think that if Huet starts against the Avs, Theo is going to be traded very soon? It's what it seems to me...and I think Bob is becoming more and more comfortable going with a goaltending tandem of Huet and Danis platooning like MInny at least for the remainder of the year. As edmonton has proven you can win in this New NHL wihtout at GREAT goalie. And either way, Danis and Huet have probably been better than THeo

I don't think it has anything to do with Theodore being traded. To me we should use the hottest goaltender available and that is Huet. We keep playing Huet until he has a bad game. After that, Theodore is our regular starter and we play him until he has a string of bad games (or back-to-back games) when we try out Huet again and do the same thing. If Theodore gets traded (for fair compensation) then I won't really mind but I would prefer to have Theodore because we know w can rely on him in the playoffs and in big games where Huet is more unproven and has never played a playoff game. Danis is even more unproven then Huet but for a back-up he'll be alright. I think a duo of Huet and Danis might even be beter than Markkanen and Conklin.

I don't think it has anything to do with Theodore being traded. To me we should use the hottest goaltender available and that is Huet. We keep playing Huet until he has a bad game. After that, Theodore is our regular starter and we play him until he has a string of bad games (or back-to-back games) when we try out Huet again and do the same thing. If Theodore gets traded (for fair compensation) then I won't really mind but I would prefer to have Theodore because we know w can rely on him in the playoffs and in big games where Huet is more unproven and has never played a playoff game. Danis is even more unproven then Huet but for a back-up he'll be alright. I think a duo of Huet and Danis might even be beter than Markkanen and Conklin.

Bulis ye cant keep cut and pasting your posts just so your count goes up!.... write something once and a while! hehehe its like the fourth time I read using the hottest goalie until it fades away... ;)

Does anyone else think that if Huet starts against the Avs, Theo is going to be traded very soon? It's what it seems to me...and I think Bob is becoming more and more comfortable going with a goaltending tandem of Huet and Danis platooning like MInny at least for the remainder of the year. As edmonton has proven you can win in this New NHL wihtout at GREAT goalie. And either way, Danis and Huet have probably been better than THeo

I absolutley believe that if Huet starts against the Avs, Theodore is on his way out. You don't start your $450,000 back up goalie over your $5,000,000 starting goalie cause he may be hotter ( 1 win does not make him hotter). If Theodore sits, hes on his way out...or possible still injured.

Why do we have to consider their salaries? So because Theodore is overpayed it means we should play him more? No. If he doesn't earn his salary in his chances then no one's going to force him to earn it.

@Corvina:

What else do you want me to talk about? :D And besides if people ask the same question 3 times, then I'm going to answer it 3 times. I won't change my answer. And it's not cut and paste; I'm retyping it - it builds up strong finger muscles.

Why do we have to consider their salaries? So because Theodore is overpayed it means we should play him more? No. If he doesn't earn his salary in his chances then no one's going to force him to earn it.

@Corvina:

What else do you want me to talk about? :D And besides if people ask the same question 3 times, then I'm going to answer it 3 times. I won't change my answer. And it's not cut and paste; I'm retyping it - it builds up strong finger muscles.

I think it is important to consider salary and structure of the team. Theo is supposed to be our clear #1 goalie if he is getting two games off in a row with 4 days between them, doesn't that strike you as strange? unless he is injured. We are not the Wild who have 2 goalies that work in tandem and split games, we're supposed to have a clear #1....if you like the tandem method as i do, it's better to be danis and huet than theo.

I'd prefer having a 1a and 1b like we had with Hackett. If Theo can't play 60 ocnsistantly good games a season then he shouldn't. Huet is an above average back-up and one that can semi-start like Dwayne Roloson. The reason why I don't want to trade Theo is because we still see flashes of great hockey in him and who knows when he'll have another 01-02 year. He's also valuable during the playoffs.

If Huet starts it has nothing to do with Theo being on his way out. It has to do with intelligent coaching. It is Juliens job to comprise a line-up each game night that he believes has the best chance of winning. Lots of coaches will ride a hot goalie once in a while especially to get out of a slump.

I'd prefer having a 1a and 1b like we had with Hackett. If Theo can't play 60 ocnsistantly good games a season then he shouldn't. Huet is an above average back-up and one that can semi-start like Dwayne Roloson. The reason why I don't want to trade Theo is because we still see flashes of great hockey in him and who knows when he'll have another 01-02 year. He's also valuable during the playoffs.

True, but Theodore takes up a very sizeable chunk of the salary space the Habs have. And its gonna go up next year, and the two years after that. I don't think we should trade him, but if he doesn't step it up, cap considerations have to be made as well.