Zednik Stripped In Favour Of A Blossoming Souray

JMMR

This is not the time for Gainey to deal Zed. There are other players who should be moved prior to him.

I hope he can regain his scoring touch, and his confidence to cut towards the middle of the ice and hit the net with some of his shots.

i think it is worth keeping zednik for the rest of the year as it is true that he is a better second-half and playoff performer. here's a new idea, trade ribs and dags instead.

although if we were offered a tough d-man who can move the puck out of the zone, i would probably do the trade. scoring goals does not seem to be such a problem now that many players have returned from injury....16 goals over the last 3 games.

Markov may be the "quiet" type, but he leads by example, if you saw what he did last night when he pushed Sourray away from a fight in the middle of play, that was leadership.

I would agree with Simonus and ghg both I guess you guys know the characters of the players better than I do -- but that was smart against Ottawa, and showed Markov's ready to step in, last thing we need is Souray hurting his hands smashing the helmet of some thug.

Plus, Markov is the go-to guy when we want a referee beaten up! :D

This is not the time for Gainey to deal Zed. I hope he can regain his scoring touch, and his confidence to cut towards the middle of the ice . . .

...but there's elbows waiting for him in the middle of the ice (ouch!) ;)

Yeah koivu-11, thanks I can read your posts now ! :hockey:

Yeah I remember that Mclaren hit all to well.

Although the Habs came back to beat the Bruins they cold not beat the Canes I believe Zed had something like 8 points in 4 games before he was injured.

having souray as an assistant is a good idea. he's a guy who is trying and improving.

it's the first rumblings of what could shake up the team. if this is sufficient to get things on the way again, then great. if not, then other rumblings will take place.

don't look for trades too quickly or too massively. they won't happen.

and that's how i see it.

:king: :hlogo: :king: