Politics Time

Zowpeb

Get ready to vote folks.

I hope everyone is getting ready to kick the Liberals out of office.

I'm hoping for the Conservatives myself but if you feel the need to vote left wing, and give your money away(lol), then vote NDP.

I'm sick of watching these arsehole Liberals take our money and watch the apathy of our country towards the theft.

Please don't use the tired standby of the "devil you know vs. the devil you don't" argument either. If someone does a bad job they get fired...the Liberals have had 3 chances and have done a worse job then most would have imagined with all of the scandals. No one can be as bad as them...and frankly the other parties actually have run better campaign platforms this time around...unlike the Liberal smear tactics.

VOTE ANYTHING BUT LIBERAL DAMMIT.

sorry, I just watched cpac for 2 hours straight...lol

voting conservative teaches the libs the wrong lesson. Vote NDP

only thing that teaches the liberals the right lesson is to get them out of power

the only wrong lesson is to re-elect them - teaches them they can continue, corruption and all

only viable alternative is to vote Conservative - NDP need to at least have a turn as official opposition before i let them govern the country ... now THAT would be scary!

Harper gets my vote.

only thing that teaches the liberals the right lesson is to get them out of power

the only wrong lesson is to re-elect them - teaches them they can continue, corruption and all

only viable alternative is to vote Conservative - NDP need to at least have a turn as official opposition before i let them govern the country ... now THAT would be scary!

Harper gets my vote.

i agree on all points

Want a good one?

The backstage war between Martin's Posse and Chretien's Posse is going on stronger than ever. There's been a huge leak that lead to the publishing of a book about Option Canada that was launched yesterday.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canadavotes2006/na...on-philpot.html

The source of that leak is most likely someone from Chretien's entourage, a backlash against Martin trying to dissociate himself from the Sponsorship Program scandal by pinning it exclusively on Chretien.

Not only that, but some of Chretien's former organizers are now working to help the Conservatives defeat the Liberals. So the Conservatives try to play the higher-moral-ground card... yet they're working with people who were involved with the corrupted Liberals of Chretien.

Screw Liberals and Conservatives... find out who is the most independant candidate you can vote for and do it.

Harper gets my vote.

That won't apply to me. I have somewhat of a problem with a party whose leader calls for a press conference to present his candidates in the Quebec City region and when asked who the candidates are, does'nt know the name of a single one of them. A party will have to try harder to get my vote.

And I also dont vote "by default". Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is what got us this shitty political class we're stuck with in the first place.

I'm voting "green" again. You can call it "throwing away my vote" , but hey... I just dont like the other options. Plus every vote helps fund the party. The greens got about 5% of the national vote last election, not bad at all... Plus votiif nobody voted for the underdogs parties we'd turn into a 2 party system like the states, and who wants that?

Anyways, my riding always goes to the Liberals, just so you know.

That won't apply to me. I have somewhat of a problem with a party whose leader calls for a press conference to present his candidates in the Quebec City region and when asked who the candidates are, does'nt know the name of a single one of them. A party will have to try harder to get my vote.

that would be bothersome to me too - Harper needs to get the candidates names right. but, in his defence - just because he forgot the names, doesn't mean he doesn't care or won't do the best for the regions they represent. heck, 1/2 the time - i get my own children's names mixed up!

plus - my reply wasn't from a Quebec perspective where the Bloc is a viable option. i'm not a separatist, but if i were still living in Quebec (i lived there until the age of 24) - i'd consider voting for them, except for the fact that if the Bloc didn't exist, then the Conservatives would pick up at least a few seats (although not like the Mulroney days) - and that might just be enough to at least put the Conservatives in power as a Minority government or with a slight majority.

i just try to do the 'right' thing with my vote and hope that the majority of Canadians do the same. we all have different opinions as to what that 'right' thing is - but at least we've exercised our right to vote and hopefully made a statement with it - whether we are voting FOR a party or AGAINST a party or to SUPPORT (ie Green) a party or BECAUSE of a party's policy.

Plus votiif nobody voted for the underdogs parties we'd turn into a 2 party system like the states, and who wants that?

It beats the 1 part system going on now, where the Liberals actually have a chance to win after all their scandals.

I'm voting for Harper and The Conservatives. Like someone previously said, the only way to teach the Liberals a lesson is to vote them out. Voting NDP or Green does nothing to them.

It's not like the Conservatives have a bad platform either - it's actually pretty good. And Harper seems much more likable this election.

i am doubtful as to the theory that the conservatives must be better...

I might be going out on a limb here but you must keep in mind that Canadian and American conservatives are not alike. Our conservative party here would have views much like Hillary Clinton down there.

Harper For PM!