Theo To Van?

habsfan_69

Bourdon would be great but if this trade happens, expect to see a current NHLer coming back the other way. Or else we'd be in trouble for 5 years before the return of the trade will have any impact. Maybe we'd get someone like Kesler.

What's going around about that is, that will only happen if Colorado gets Biron from buffalo.

And if brodeur waves his no trade clause to come to mtl then mtl will trade theo to vancouver for most probably bertuzzi thats whats going around and what has peoples attention. (but its only a rumor so iam not saying anything that i mentioned will happen)

I don't want to burst anyone's trading frenzy bubble, but When is the last time you guys can remember a team's star goalie, being traded in the middle of the year?Long time... might have even been the Roy trade.I'll tell you why jose Theodore will be in the team picture at the end of the year. #1) Goaltenders are the hottest commodity in the NHL right now, everyone needs one-there is no way BG is trading a superstar goalie (yes he's struggling i know) to downgrade at that position. Who do you think is going to play nets the rest of the year for the Habs if BG trades Theo? Huet? Forget it he's a carrer back-up and will take the team no where. Danis? Too young, isn't there yet. #2) If we don't want Theo why does anyone else? Even if BG does want to trade him he will get fleeced, Theo's value is way down..forget Morisson...bertuzzi etc.#3) What team wants to take a chance on 4.5 mil of cap space for three years on a struggling goalie? Believe it or not the Habs are stuck with Theo and if he gets his game back that's great. If you're counting on BG trading him...dont hold your breath...BG has bet on Theo and his only option is to pray he gets out of his funk.

I don't want to burst anyone's trading frenzy bubble, but When is the last time you guys can remember a team's star goalie, being traded in the middle of the year?Long time... might have even been the Roy trade.I'll tell you why jose Theodore will be in the team picture at the end of the year. #1) Goaltenders are the hottest commodity in the NHL right now, everyone needs one-there is no way BG is trading a superstar goalie (yes he's struggling i know) to downgrade at that position. Who do you think is going to play nets the rest of the year for the Habs if BG trades Theo? Huet? Forget it he's a carrer back-up and will take the team no where. Danis? Too young, isn't there yet. #2) If we don't want Theo why does anyone else? Even if BG does want to trade him he will get fleeced, Theo's value is way down..forget Morisson...bertuzzi etc.#3) What team wants to take a chance on 4.5 mil of cap space for three years on a struggling goalie? Believe it or not the Habs are stuck with Theo and if he gets his game back that's great. If you're counting on BG trading him...dont hold your breath...BG has bet on Theo and his only option is to pray he gets out of his funk.

Your argument is circular and doesn't end up making much sense. You said yourself that goaltending is the hottest comodity in hockey and then you say that if we don't want Theo who else would take a chance on him. I can guarantee you that there are plent of GMs out there who would take Theo and risk that money on a former hart and vezina winner.

As I've said many times before, if we can get an impact player in return ie: Bertuzzi, I wouldn't be surprised to this deal done. Look at Theo's stats for this season and you will see that a combo of Huet and Danis can easily match that and get us into the playoffs (3.22 GAA and 890 save percentage).

In the offseason several cheaper upper tier starting goalies will be available if Huet / Danis cannot take us to the next level those include, Biron, Fernandez, Roloson and Garon.

Finally teams like the Oilers have been winning with a combo of goalies that is probably beneath huet / danis. And it is more and more apparent that THeo will not return to his form (heck it's been half a season) and if he does somewhere else then so be it, chances are i doubt it will happen in Montreal.

I'm not sure whether he'll be dealt or not, but i do think he will be, either way I trust that if Bob will do it, he'll do it before THeo's value falls too far.

Just not happening.

Theo will stay in Montreal for at least the remainder of this season and the playoffs. Of course there are GM's in the league that want a former hart and Vezina winning goalie. Also without a doubt Theo’s trade value is down but no matter how far it drops he will still have value next year. I am positive that the lockout must have had a damper on plenty of player’s careers and Theo just happens to be one of them. Bob will always be searching and listening to possible trades to improve this hockey club now and in the future. But my crystal ball says Theo closes the 05 06 season and hopefully playoffs with Le Habitants.

What's going around about that is, that will only happen if Colorado gets Biron from buffalo.

And if brodeur waves his no trade clause to come to mtl then mtl will trade theo to vancouver for most probably bertuzzi thats whats going around and what has peoples attention. (but its only a rumor so iam not saying anything that i mentioned will happen)

Aebi has 3 GAA in 4 games with a .922 SV%. Colorado isn't making a move for a goalie right now, especially if they're wanting two of our biggest contributors back. I'd rather see Hejduk go over Lappy or Lakksy.

Anyone else feel that Huet looks a lot like Jeff Hackett? I'd be happy with him tending the goal while Danis and Price work their way to the NHL.

If Theo goes to Vancouver, there would *have* to be a big name coming back - lest ye all forget the salary cap. Vancouver can't just swallow Theo's $$$.

Whether it happens or not, who knows. Just pointing out that little overlooked logistical piece of info. ;)

I wouldn't want to see Theo leave im still convinced hes a good goaltender but the worst thing about him is that he isnt consistant he can look like a star one game and then look like a AHL goalie the next game.

So its hard to see what happens i hope he gets his head straite on again.

Why is everyone so anxious to get rid of Theo. Granted he isn't playing to his potential but, hey the guy is a former MVP and Vezina winner and he will get it back together, and when he does I would rather it be with us than elsewhere. I remember a number of years ago when Hasek was still with Buffalo he was having a sub par season and had been pulled more than once. Fans there were calling for him to be gone but the team stuck with him and the rest is history. I predict Theo will regain his form, lets be more patient, besides he's our #1 and he isn't going anywhere.

Edited by olematelot

Anyone else feel that Huet looks a lot like Jeff Hackett? I'd be happy with him tending the goal while Danis and Price work their way to the NHL.

If Theo goes to Vancouver, there would *have* to be a big name coming back - lest ye all forget the salary cap. Vancouver can't just swallow Theo's $$$.

Whether it happens or not, who knows. Just pointing out that little overlooked logistical piece of info. ;)

During Saturday's game, I thought Huet looked like a combination of Hackett and Theo. The guy looks confident out there and I love his style.

100% in favour of dealing Theo and letting Huet/Danis run the show.

During Saturday's game, I thought Huet looked like a combination of Hackett and Theo. The guy looks confident out there and I love his style.

100% in favour of dealing Theo and letting Huet/Danis run the show.

The only real advantage Huet has over Theo That i'm certain of is that Huet has a bigger frame so when he goes down, his body take more of the net and angles.

But if it were Theo since he is a lot smalled his body takes less space it creats more holes, But iam not saying Theo sucks or anything, I said it before, he can be awsome one night and terrible the other when he has a good game its incredible but when its a bad game its terrible :( .

Why is everyone so anxious to get rid of Theo. Granted he isn't playing to his potential but, hey the guy is a former MVP and Vezina winner and he will get it back together, and when he does I would rather it be with us than elsewhere. I remember a number of years ago when Hasek was still with Buffalo he was having a sub par season and had been pulled more than once. Fans there were calling for him to be gone but the team stuck with him and the rest is history. I predict Theo will regain his form, lets be more patient, besides he's our #1 and he isn't going anywhere.

Because we can have a solid reliable constent scorer for 5.3M$ instead of a weak non realible inconsistent goalie. A Fernandez, Garon or Biron (all UFS this summer) can give us as much and even more for a lot less money, half Theo's salary.

His Vezina and MVP are way behind him (4 years ago) and he as not ever reproduce such a year after that. Its called a fluke year...ever heard of Jim Carrey (Washington's goalie)??? Theo only ever had one great half season (wasn't even a full season) and that makes him a sure superstar??? Sorry, but you need more then 1 great year to be a star. Also, what as he ever won so far??? Nothing!!!! He knew that he was a possibility for Turin and he as choked all season long. The only time he as ever performed was when there was no pressure like is MVP year. Nobody expected that from him and nobody expected the Habs to make the playoffs and he performed. As more expectations was put on the team, he as regressed to an average unreliable inconsistent goalie. Theo is not the guy that will bring us to the promise land, you can mark my words on that one!!!!

Because we can have a solid reliable constent scorer for 5.3M$ instead of a weak non realible inconsistent goalie. A Fernandez, Garon or Biron (all UFS this summer) can give us as much and even more for a lot less money, half Theo's salary.

His Vezina and MVP are way behind him (4 years ago) and he as not ever reproduce such a year after that. Its called a fluke year...ever heard of Jim Carrey (Washington's goalie)??? Theo only ever had one great half season (wasn't even a full season) and that makes him a sure superstar??? Sorry, but you need more then 1 great year to be a star. Also, what as he ever won so far??? Nothing!!!! He knew that he was a possibility for Turin and he as choked all season long. The only time he as ever performed was when there was no pressure like is MVP year. Nobody expected that from him and nobody expected the Habs to make the playoffs and he performed. As more expectations was put on the team, he as regressed to an average unreliable inconsistent goalie. Theo is not the guy that will bring us to the promise land, you can mark my words on that one!!!!

Agreed...Well said. C'mon Bob pull the trigger, i want to see our new All-Star Power Forward in action

All I can say is good luck to this team if they trade Theo...they will be back to the stone age. over 41 games a mediocre Theo will be able to outperform a stellar Huet. Not to mention the players that are being mentioned in trades are bordering on ludicrous.Hejduk, bertuzzi, Brodeur...please folks get real, these are mad rants from Eklund who is basicly never right (boston, montreal,newjersey and buffalo in the hunt for Sykora-he goes to rangers). Anyway...I grow tired of this issue...like it or not Theo will be a habs for the rest of the season, the downside to trading him is too much.

All I can say is good luck to this team if they trade Theo...they will be back to the stone age. over 41 games a mediocre Theo will be able to outperform a stellar Huet. Not to mention the players that are being mentioned in trades are bordering on ludicrous.Hejduk, bertuzzi, Brodeur...please folks get real, these are mad rants from Eklund who is basicly never right (boston, montreal,newjersey and buffalo in the hunt for Sykora-he goes to rangers). Anyway...I grow tired of this issue...like it or not Theo will be a habs for the rest of the season, the downside to trading him is too much.

Not that I want to defend Eklund because I won't, but it's been said for a long time that the Rangers were the leading candidate to get Sykora, and I know we disagree on the Theo issue as we had this same discussion yesterday I think and we agreed to disagree.

That's why i love Habsworld, There are always going to be differences of opinion but unlike most other forums, the people here are smart enough to explain their point of view and understand that people might not agree, because different people like different players etc... so thumbs up to habsworld and all of you and let's keep up the discussions whether we agree with each other or not. If for no other reason that it makes my days more fun and distracts me from doing work.

Oh yeah,

And Just for the sake of rumour spreading, I saw this on another forum where they claim that it is from the "sports guy on CHOI" i have no idea what that is but here it is

To Colorado: Plekanek, Zednik, Theo and 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Abeisher (no idea how to spell it) and Tanguay.

From my perspective I like it. Tanguay is an emerging superstar and is still very young. Abisher can fill in till season end or further.

Again, I'm not sure about the source and this is just for the sake of discussion.

I get mad at Theodore at times when he lets in softies, theres still no better goalie out there I'd want.

For me it's as simple as the rules have changed, the goalies equipment have changed. I think once Theodore notices that more goalies around the league are staying up longer, he'll get the message. I don't think a few games by Huet means he can handle the pressure as number #1, I'd say Huet has just been 'flukey' so to speak.

Bar

I get mad at Theodore at times when he lets in softies, theres still no better goalie out there I'd want.

For me it's as simple as the rules have changed, the goalies equipment have changed. I think once Theodore notices that more goalies around the league are staying up longer, he'll get the message. I don't think a few games by Huet means he can handle the pressure as number #1, I'd say Huet has just been 'flukey' so to speak.

Bar

Are you kidding me?

You actually would rather have Theo over Brodeur or Luongo.

Huet is not flukey he has had one bad period as Habs goalie that being the 3rd against the capitals.

Are you kidding me?

Huet is not flukey he has had one bad period as Habs goalie that being the 3rd against the capitals.

I'll throw in Kipper too, he's not going anywhere, but at this point i'll put him up there with those guys. He has that consistency that Brodeur has shown his whole career, that IT that Theo has lacked in all of his except for 1 regular season.

Not that I want to defend Eklund because I won't, but it's been said for a long time that the Rangers were the leading candidate to get Sykora, and I know we disagree on the Theo issue as we had this same discussion yesterday I think and we agreed to disagree.

That's why i love Habsworld, There are always going to be differences of opinion but unlike most other forums, the people here are smart enough to explain their point of view and understand that people might not agree, because different people like different players etc... so thumbs up to habsworld and all of you and let's keep up the discussions whether we agree with each other or not. If for no other reason that it makes my days more fun and distracts me from doing work.

Oh yeah,

And Just for the sake of rumour spreading, I saw this on another forum where they claim that it is from the "sports guy on CHOI" i have no idea what that is but here it is

To Colorado: Plekanek, Zednik, Theo and 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Abeisher (no idea how to spell it) and Tanguay.

From my perspective I like it. Tanguay is an emerging superstar and is still very young. Abisher can fill in till season end or further.

Again, I'm not sure about the source and this is just for the sake of discussion.

I dont think this would be a very good trade for the habs at all :puke:

.......but i do think that trading theo does make a lot of sense, not right now, but closer to the deadline as we could likely get more for him then. i have come to the belief that his little buddies dagenais and ribeiro, who weren't hanging around him all the time during his one good year by the way, have poisoned his mind and his attitude. i think that what he had when he was an mvp is now lost or buried and that winning this award at that time in his career was awful for him as a hockey player. it seems to have gone straight to his head and hanging out with prima donnas like ribs and dags sure isn't helping anything. we could trade theo for a top d man or forward no question. why not do this when he hasnt played well this year at all and has shown in the playoffs, just as in his individual games, that he can be oh so hot and then just go oh so cold in the blink of an eye. the habs problem has been goal scoring for a long time now and that is what we should address. by trading theo we add a great offensive talent or a dman to move the puck and work the powerplay......either way the offense most likely improves and with a huet/danis combo we dont take a loss in the net either. as mentioned by many other posters there are a crop of good free agent goalies this summer that wont be commanding near the 6 million theo will be making next year. we could sign one of these goalies and another defenseman for that money and still have huet/danis/other youngsters in the system. makes sense to me......and another thought, if theo really was that great of a playoff miracle goalie, why didnt he take us to the finals in any of those years after beating boston????? like certain others in recent years giguere, irbe, kiprusoff and others who led underdog teams to the finals???? a question worth asking maybe.

:hlogo:

Are you kidding me?

Just for your guide...Brodeur or Luongo aren't coming anywhere near the Habs in our lifetimes. Huet is a very capable back-up goalie thats it.Are you forgetting the games against atlanta and minnesota? 4 goals allowed in each? He's had 2 good games against Ottawa, thats it.

I saw that about "CHOI" rumour too.

Plekanec, Zednik, Theodore and a 2nd round pick for Aebischer and Tanguay?

IMO - Both Plekanec & Zednik? No way. Take one of those names and insert a lesser value player if you ask me. Tanguay is solid but still. This is a stupid rumour. Pleks is injured. Hence, he cannot be traded!

Bogus rumour.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN