Dagenais Clears Waivers, Sent To Bulldogs...

CoRvInA

we didint even know he was on waivers!!!

HOLLY !!! ^#$@! !!!

Hamilton Bulldogs... were ready to pay another 1/2 a salary or he'll be there for the rest of the season!

my apologies ... source RDS.ca

Edited by CoRvInA

Well, I guess there is more than one way to shake up a team! I wonder what will happen next?

Yea... I finally made it out of the CHL for the second time :)

I'm not at all surprised. I thought the Habs were going to wait until Plekanec was officially healthy before making this move, assuming that the rest of the Habs were also healthy at that time.

That's interesting, so Dags is officially out of the plans, that's good to see. I would usually say that this type of movement means that a deal is on the horizon, but this can just be attributed to teh fact that Dagenais stinks.

It's about time, One down, a few more to go

One way for sure of getting rid of him is to recall him again and pay half his benching! he does need playing time so for his sake he should play in hamilton more!

What? Dagenais in Hamilton? The last time I read something on him a RDS-forum-kid was talking about naming him our new team captain. Captain Dagenais. :wacko:

This should make some people happy.

Dags has been sent to the minors.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=150202&hubname=nhl

Canadian Press

1/10/2006 2:27:58 PM

MONTREAL (CP) - Winger Pierre Dagenais, a healthy scratch for the Montreal Canadiens' last three games, was assigned to the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs on Tuesday.

Dagenais, 27, had five goals and seven assists in 32 NHL games this season.

The six-foot-five left-winger, known mostly as a goal-scorer, was scratched along with his linemmate Mike Ribeiro for games last week against Pittsburgh and New Jersey as coach Claude Julien looked to bring more disciplined play to his slumping team.

But while Ribeiro returned to the lineup for a 4-1 win over Ottawa on Saturday, Dagenais remained in the pressbox.

The Blainville, Que., native signed as a free agent with Montreal in 2003. In 142 career NHL games, he has 35 goals and 23 assists.

SORRY I LOOKED FOR A THREAD WITH THIS TITLE CLOSE THIS FOR ME ADMIN IM SORRY I DID NOT SEE THE THREAT.

Edited by JMMR

Interesting. Perhaps improving from within by subtraction? Maybe the thought is that, without his girlfriend on the parent club, Ribs might just buckle down and start performing? Or is this the beginning of a minor personnel shuffle? Perhaps this is one of those calculated moves - send him to the minors, then call him up where he can be plucked for half the price. Sure, we're on the hook for half his salary, but he'd be off the team that way - and if Gainey couldn't find a buyer (much like with Hainsey), perhaps this is a secondary method to remove unwanted clutter. Interesting move. Most interesting.

Interesting indeed.

But I wonder if they will try to move him. It can be a good thing having a more experienced player in the farm.

I have nothing against Dagenais. I think he has been good for the team. And I wonder if this Dags/Ribs -thing is a bit hyped. Sure they have chemistry but as far as I know Mike Ribeiro was a habs long before Dagenais. Of course he will miss his friend from the juniors but Ribeiro is skilled enough to play with other good forwards.

Pierre Dagenais is not a second line winger but a good player to call up when there's a injury and Im not so sure any other team would claim him even if he was called up again. Other GM should be aware that Dagenais is 27 years young/old and that the "new ice age" don't have been benefitial for his play.

Anyway, I hope that Dagenais will have a role similar to the one Boullion had in the past. The perfect extra.

Was it necessary to have Pierre in the roster for half a season to show us and Bob that

he didn't belong to the new NHL.

Would not have this foresight by our GM be valuable in a time when UFA players where on display

in unusually large numbers ?

Acting from this foresight would had given Julien more appropriate elements and increased the

CH's second line offensive production and specially the CH's power-plays,....of crucial importance

this year as power plays opportunities in the league increased dramatically by a third ot its

previous average.

Was Gainey, by re-signing Dagenais, acting nice and loyal towards a previous contributor or

he just didn't see it coming ?

Was it necessary to have Pierre in the roster for half a season to show us and Bob that

he didn't belong to the new NHL.

Would not have this foresight by our GM be valuable in a time when UFA players where on display

in unusually large numbers ?

Acting from this foresight would had given Julien more appropriate elements and increased the

CH's second line offensive production and specially the CH's power-plays,....of crucial importance

this year as power plays opportunities in the league increased dramatically by a third ot its

previous average.

Was Gainey, by re-signing Dagenais, acting nice and loyal towards a previous contributor or

he just didn't see it coming ?

No one really new How the new NHL would be ( take a look at Bret Hull ans so many others!

and the fact that the "illness" was left untreated can be firmally attributed to now even if Dage had some heart felt Connection with the team ( so yes partly Niceness) but moreso that there was still hope Dagenais had some Trade value.. specially after his two goals in the SO the unexpected scratching was in view of a trade if possible! so the fact that he was sent down Theoretically there is a 0.001% chance DAGENAIS LEARNS TO SKATE AND HIT! who knows maybe Girls will be attending the DOgs game Topless too!!!

If he stays put in Dogworld then he might even feel more at ease there! In any case its for his best I like Vagenais But he needs to WORK! WORK!! And WORK!! free lunch in the big league a thing of the past!

No one really new How the new NHL would be ( take a look at Bret Hull ans so many others!

and the fact that the "illness" was left untreated can be firmally attributed to now even if Dage had some heart felt Connection with the team ( so yes partly Niceness) but moreso that there was still hope Dagenais had some Trade value.. specially after his two goals in the SO the unexpected scratching was in view of a trade if possible! so the fact that he was sent down Theoretically there is a 0.001% chance DAGENAIS LEARNS TO SKATE AND HIT! who knows maybe Girls will be attending the DOgs game Topless too!!!

If he stays put in Dogworld then he might even feel more at ease there! In any case its for his best I like Vagenais But he needs to WORK! WORK!! And WORK!! free lunch in the big league a thing of the past!

Steroid time if there ever was one

He's not coming back up. I think that really his NHL career is over unless another team is willing to give him a shot next year..and that really looks doubtful. Big, incredibly slow, but a nice shot. Doesn't cut it in "the new NHL".

So does this mean that we have to restrict our Dagenais bashing to the Bulldogs/Prospects forum now?

Seriously, I'm really happy that Dags and Ribeiro have been split up, I'm not as ready to give up on Ribs as some folks here are, so hopefully this is the kick in the ass that he needs to bring his game up a notch.

Having him picked up on waivers would've been prime, however this oughta help the Bulldogs too, they lack both experience and bodies, and "The Sniper" should in theory provide both.

Well, I guess there is more than one way to shake up a team! I wonder what will happen next?

Yea... I finally made it out of the CHL for the second time :)

maybe this is your yogi berra experience - déja vu all over again :):blink::wacko::lol: