Gonchar A Hab?

gohabsgo252006

Unfortunately I cannot specify any source other than to say that a flames fan of mine sent me a link to one of their forums which also has no source, but the rumour is:

To Habs; Gonchar

To pens; Zednik, 4th rounder

I know some of you hate the unsubstantiated rumours, and so do I but i figured there's been a lot of this going on, why not throw out another for the sake of discussions and talk, hopefully nobody will be too made at me.

Personally this is an interesting deal; Gonchar will hopefully regain his form, he's a proven scorer from the D, but with that contract???, i'm not even sure the money works, but maybe that's why Dags was sent down to clear an extra bit of cash.

What do you guys think?

I have been informed that the originating threads have now been removed so;

Mods if you want to lock this up and throw it out go ahead.

The habs get totally ripped off in that trade.

If we wanted Gonchar we could of signed him last summer as a UFA. He's older, and more expensive then Zednik. And Zednik is currently playing better hockey (Zed isnt having the best year, but Gonchar is having an AWFUL one), .... plus why do we need to throw in a 4th rounder?

This rumour doesnt make much sense to me. Sounds more like a bad fan proposal (from the forum you got it from)

No gohabsgo...you did not jump the gun a bit.

I too heard this exact rumour tonight. One of my friend's had told me Team 990 reported it in Montreal.

A little while later I heard that the Canadiens organization denied any speculation that they had made any moves today.

Terrible deal.

Gonchar is probably available because he is doing awful and is making 3.5 mil. If Bob were to go after him I believe it would cost less then Zednik. The Pens made huge off-season signings and not too many of them are panning out.

Looks like I jumped the gun a bit like i said at the end of the other, maybe the thread should be closed

Sorry and Thanks

NO! SIR! !!

Its gonna stay on permanently and the thread will appear on top above in Habs talk! "Gonchar a habs?" We'll even remove "posting tips" so as to make room for it! IT WILL STICK OUT and appear loud and clear as one of the most insulting rumors ever in Habsworld and in bold letters "gohabsgo252006" will flash and be highlighted and then ... I even predict your nick will be synonimous to censurship ...you shall then be referred to as " The nameless one Reminding you and us every day until the end of days just what nerve you youuu how could you be transmitting such news!

:lol: :king: :lol: Just going crazy here of course!!! :wacko:

ain't trade rumours fun? they come and they go like the wind.

i don't know how many i've read about since i joined this gang last summer. i expect they'll keep on coming and disappearing over the horizon into the far-fetched land of fiction. :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Terrible deal.

Gonchar is probably available because he is doing awful and is making 3.5 mil. If Bob were to go after him I believe it would cost less then Zednik. The Pens made huge off-season signings and not too many of them are panning out.

Didn't the Pens sign him to a 5-year, $25 million deal this summer? That's $5 million a year against the cap, not $3.5 million that he may actually get this season. That's too high for the Habs to afford this season, and his performance in Pittsburgh certainly doesn't merit that kinda coin.

Didn't the Pens sign him to a 5-year, $25 million deal this summer? That's $5 million a year against the cap, not $3.5 million that he may actually get this season. That's too high for the Habs to afford this season, and his performance in Pittsburgh certainly doesn't merit that kinda coin.

Technically he would only count for 2.5 against the cap this year and then he'd be back to 5 mil next year but the Habs could find a deal during the off-season. I've never liked Gonchar though, I remember when it was rumoured that we were going to send Morris and something for him back in 03-04. Man, I was thankful when the Bruins got him. We still got ripped off for Morris though :angry:

Gonchar did sign a 5 year 25M$ deal this summer and yes this would be the worst trade possible. He's getting old and he's definetly not worth 5M$ a year. Can you imagine what we could have for that cash!!! Why not throw in an extra million and make a 6M$/year offer to Redden this summer. At least we would be getting our money's worth!!!

I admit I would like a trade right now, but not for anybody. I would rather keep the team they way it is right now then trade for an overpaid player.

I miss good offensive hockey, its been 2 decades that we haven't had a top 10 scorer in the league...wouldn't be fun!!!!

Gonchar did sign a 5 year 25M$ deal this summer and yes this would be the worst trade possible. He's getting old and he's definetly not worth 5M$ a year. Can you imagine what we could have for that cash!!! Why not throw in an extra million and make a 6M$/year offer to Redden this summer. At least we would be getting our money's worth!!!

I admit I would like a trade right now, but not for anybody. I would rather keep the team they way it is right now then trade for an overpaid player.

I miss good offensive hockey, its been 2 decades that we haven't had a top 10 scorer in the league...wouldn't be fun!!!!

Gonchar only makes 3.5 mil per season. Not 5 mil.

I agree with Redden though he is awesome, if the Habs got him I would be so bold as to announce their defensive problems vanquished.

Edited by JMMR