Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Avalanche | 01/11/06 | 9:00

les_glorieux

habsgood.jpgVS.qcn.jpg

canadiens.gif19-15-6 : 44 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

opp_nordiques.jpg24-17-3 : 51 Points (8th in the Western Conference)

2311.gifvs.gif0626.gif

Cristobal Huet VS. David Aebischer

2-2-1 | 3.14 GAA | .909 SV% 15-9-0 | 3.19 GAA | .895 SV%

Habs' Projected Lineup

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Kostitsyn - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Ferland - Bégin - Sundstrom

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault/Streit

___

Huet

2003-2004 Meeting

WIN March 16: 4-2

sptAvs.jpg

colmon.jpg

1129097249_200510120056_HOKSSS_1.jpg

Watch the game live on TSN or RDS

Listen to the game live on CJAD

Edited by les_glorieux

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go habs go!!!!

go Huet!!!

I predict a breakout game for Ribeiro. Dunno, just a feeling in the wake of Dags being sent down. This clears Ribs of the "buddy syndrome" he has two talented no-nonsense Ruskies on his wings he should step up and show us the playmaking he's capable of.

I still believe Ribeiro has supreme hockey smarts and sense -- anyway we'll see over the next few games. But I'll say he gets a coupla points tonight, maybe more.

Go Habs Go!

I would like to see Bonk and Dandy to extend their awesome goal scoring streaks. :P

Ribero could have a great game I would sure hope he does.

Kovalev although has put up consistent points has been fairly invisible since his return during the Canadiens first victory over Ottawa. So it would be nice for him to have another blow out game.

I wonder whom Julien will try to get out against Svatos, Sakic, Tanguay and Hejudk

I posted this in the Huet thread; before this one was posted. So I'll say it again;

Note to Canadiens: SHOOT THE PUCK! Colorado's goaltending has been their weakness all year;

David Aebischer GAA 3.19 SV%.895

Peter Budaj GAA 2.80 SV%.899

Vitaliy Kolesnik GAA 3.29 SV%.887

lol, Shoot it all you want, David has been playing immensely better lately. Better then he did last season when he had small rumblings of a Vezina nomination. Should be a tight game, if the Habs get a couple quick and take then fans out then you guys can probably coast from there. We always seem to give up when we go down early. BUT we've been playing with a lot more confidence lately. Our offense is clicking, the defense is rolling and David has been playing lights out. 5-3 Avs (we get an EN). Here's hoping for 6 straight!

And get an Avs symbol in there. Sheesh.

Brisebois will net 2 and the game winner.

He's an ex-habs....he has to give them shit and break our hearts.

As long as he does something, we know he can't defend. Really helps out the PP but it's not worth the lapses. We've actually played better when he was a scratch.

Looking forward at how Huet will come out playing after that 40-save performance. Good Luck Cristo.

Go Habs go!

A 3-2 win anyone? The game winner from Steve Begin, 19'38" in the third.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

go habs go

:hlogo:

JLP go get some Boddington's we have to get a streak going and sacrifices must be made :)

Hoping Huet can keep it going and pick up where he left off. I think we should play him until he falters, because right now Theo just isn't cutting it.

Ill be watching this one on RDS despite the fact that my first language is english, and it's all because I can no longer take Pierre McGuire.

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Still 0-0. Nothing interesting happened yet.

Shots are something like 9-0 Colorado. Huet has already made some great saves. Habs haven't even gotten close to the net. :(