Ribeiro About To Be Traded

KoZed

Ok I enjoy all of these rumours.

Aucoin would be awesome Gainey tried to sign him in the off-season correct?

But I don’t think Arnson or Bell will come to Montreal the Habs don’t need another Lefty at centre ice. And Calder is another undersized forward; If Gainey receives these guys we better get rid of some of our similar players. I know ribs is a left centre but when Plex comes back he will be out of a spot anyways.

Bell can play all 3 positions and he's a potential good poward forward. He's the only one I want out of the 3 (Calder, Arnason, Bell).

Bell - Plex - Ryder ... that would be a nice 2nd line :rolleyes:

Bell can play all 3 positions and he's a potential good poward forward. He's the only one I want out of the 3 (Calder, Arnason, Bell).

Bell - Plex - Ryder ... that would be a nice 2nd line :rolleyes:

Pleks skating yet???

I'll probably repeat myself, but I strongly doubt that Mark Bell will leave Chicago. He's basically their best forward right now with Ruutu being so unlucky with injuries. A big man who plays a sound 2-way game and has some offensive upside, there would be 28 other teams in the league beside the Habs that would want Bell.

As someone else pointed it out, Chicago is in the same boat as us: their are rebuilding. Except that they are virtually out of a playoff spot, while we still have some hope.

So I would not see Chicago trading us any of their young guys, but more probably some of their older players. Although it COULD still be possible that we get, as throw-ins, to swap one of our young forwards for one of their young d-men. BUT, they got some good, very good, young D's.

As a matter of fact, Chicago is drowning in good young D's: Barker, Seabrook, Babchuk, Barinka, Keith, Wiesniewski, Byfuglien, Maunu, Hjalmarsson... Its sick! They also have a boatload of a big and/or gritty forwards: Bell, Ruutu, Skille, Blunden, Bourque, Fraser, Garlock, Bickell... They got all the things we dont have. They're a perfect trading partner for us.

BUT... Barker and Seabrook are #1 D's in the making, I'm not even sure we have one young forward in our system that is as blue-chip as them. Vandermeer is tough and physical and has some little offensive upside. I dont think that's what the Habs need. Duncan Keith is a forward converted into a d-man. We already have a bunch of guys like him already (Markov, Bouillon, Streit, Benoit, etc.). All the other names I've mentionned are still a couple years away from being NHL-ready.

So to me that leaves Babchuk as the D that'd fit our team the most. He oozes potential but haven't put it all together yet. That's very typical. D-men always take more time to mature, even moreso when they are tall and big (coordination, mobility, etc). I think Chicago could let him go for a decent price. Perezhogin-Babchuk would be close to even in terms of value.

But that would have to be a side swap in a multi-player deal. BTW, if Gainey can, I'd like him to get Byfuglien as a thrown-in. "Bubba" is one funny mofo. Drafted a 275 lbs (6-3), he's now around 250. He's a LW/D, best scorer of Prince George last season (I think) and he had 184 PIM on top of that since he's can also play the enforcer. One rare specimen Bubba is...

Quite frankly if Gainey can get the bad attitudes out of Montreal, I'm happy.

This team is better than they are playing. They aren't as good as they were playing at the beginning of the season, but they are better than their record. But changes are definitely needed.

It would be wonderful if Bob could pry a good player out of Chicago for Ribs, but remember Bob's moves are usually not the ones that are rumored. Its too bad that Mibury's out in Long Island, we could have gotten Trent Hunter and a draft pick for Ribs :)

Come on BOB, My productivity has been hampered by all these rumours I think bob should just pull the trigger so that I can get back to my life, all i do i sit around hitting refresh and checking the net for rumours.

Amen to that!

Something I just found that might either slow down or alter a deal with Chicago.

Jan 13 - Penguins netminder Marc-Andre Fleury will start in goal tonight against the Blackhawks. Adam Munro will start for Chicago. ***Adrian Aucoin suffered his third groin injury this season on Wednesday. *** Blackhawks blueliner Brent Seabrook partook in his first practice yesterday. He is still at least one week away from actually playing in a game. - Chicago Sun-Times/Pittsburgh Tribune Review

We pray every day that someone will pick up our infamous Ribiero but no one will give us anything good fer the schmuck ...

He's stenched up the room long enough - Saku's always be known for doing not saying - but someone should Shut Ribiero up soon - he's like smelly gas coming out from someone's rear guard.

His point total is fine - it's his plus minus that's bad - I would of kept Dagenais more than Ribiero - at least the other has a shot worth talking about...

they could both win the contest slowest skater in club... it's a tie

www.forumdehockey.com

Well thanks for the bad news Hab4Life.

At this point with ribs now on the 4th line I would be happy with just a draft choice for him 3rd round would be nice.

It seems Habs fans are gathering all on one-side Rib supporters and non-supporters alike we all want bad attitudes gone.