Press Conference - Today (jan 13/06)

gohabsgo252006

There will be a press conference today, I remembered hearing about it earlier in the week when Dags was sent down and again in this article on rds.ca

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/195610.html

It essentially says that Gainey will address the media for his mid-season state of the union address....OR maybe to announe a trade (which i'm sure was pure speculation on the part of Rds).

Does anyone know where I can find a time that htis will take place? or would anyone like to speculate on what will be said?

Will Gainey finally tear into the troops for their lack of effort or will he keep his calm demeanor?

HOping for a trade, and hoping to hear the time so i can watch the press conference.

dont they usually leak the trade before the press conference? maybe something before lunch if there is something.

They better do something soon, I'm wearing out my refresh button.

Ditto that....I'm tired of going to the library for like 5 hours and reading 1 page because all i do is hit refresh and search for rumours. I thought the same about the leak, I think that the trade thing is pure speculation on rds's part.

But we'll see and I'll hope

It's just a mid-season discussion. Gainey told the media on his way back from his trip he'll discussion the recent happenings and all that interesting stuff.

Still...would be nice to have something..

Get rid alot of more guys than ribs!

Was there a similar press conference done last season 2 years ago.?

If I remember correctly, yes.

This better be a double whammy news conference. I want Gainey to blast the players, coaches, wives and children of everyone involved with the team, then say "oh, and I've made a few trades today."

Any idea what time it's at?

not a clue and it's starting to get on my nerves.

On the bright side, Julien announced that Huet will start again versus the Sharks, (anybody else get the feeling this is a test to see, if we can get by the rest of the year without Jose).

and The top line will finally be our 3 best forwards with Koivu Kovalev and Ryder all playing together.

Now where is Bob and his press conference, the only excuse for it being so late that I"ll accept is that he's finalizing a deal.

not a clue and it's starting to get on my nerves.

On the bright side, Julien announced that Huet will start again versus the Sharks, (anybody else get the feeling this is a test to see, if we can get by the rest of the year without Jose).

and The top line will finally be our 3 best forwards with Koivu Kovalev and Ryder all playing together.

Now where is Bob and his press conference, the only excuse for it being so late that I"ll accept is that he's finalizing a deal.

Press conference will be today or Saturday as per Le Journal de Montreal Edited by KidRock

Ditto that....I'm tired of going to the library for like 5 hours and reading 1 page because all i do is hit refresh and search for rumours. I thought the same about the leak, I think that the trade thing is pure speculation on rds's part.

But we'll see and I'll hope

Gohabsgo252006 Same hereee... I have lost so much time (away from working on school) cause of habsworld tsn rds etccc

:(

Press conference will be today or Saturday as per Le Journal de Montreal

Thanks for the info at least, i can relax and stop searching when it will be and maybe this means also that a deal is being finalized.

Then again i would say that regardless of what you would tell me. You could say it's going to rain tommorow and i would say, "maybe that means they're going to finalize a deal".

I currently shudder at the idea, but could they be showcasing Huet's current play to attract bidders?

Just an idea.

Or they dont want Theodore to get hurt because he's gone soon? Or Huet just plain outperforms Theodore right now?

I currently shudder at the idea, but could they be showcasing Huet's current play to attract bidders?

Just an idea.

I get the opposite feeling, that Bob is trying to see what life without Jose will be like. If Huet plays well again, maybe Bob will start to seriously consider offers for Theo.

That's just my opinion but it could mean anything or nothing at this point.

Just an idea.

huet seems to be a good goalie...he actually was no 1 in L.A. before the trade...when chechmanek was underacheiving...if luongo refuses florida's offer, look for theodore been traded and huet doning the job until roberto's sign in mtl this summer.

anyway, can,t wait to see what gainey has to say

If Keenan cannot get Luongo signed I don't believe he will keep him. He will want to get something for the best young goalie in the game. Keenan is a pretty damn good GM and knows when to sell a player that wants nothing to do with an organization.

From the Habs perspective I would love to see them acquire Luongo, the sky is his potential he is big fast strong and smart.

If Keenan cannot get Luongo signed I don't believe he will keep him. He will want to get something for the best young goalie in the game. Keenan is a pretty damn good GM and knows when to sell a player that wants nothing to do with an organization.

From the Habs perspective I would love to see them acquire Luongo, the sky is his potential he is big fast strong and smart.

I sure do wish we get him!... But every teams wants him!!! I think its about where He wants to be that matters!

Lets hope Gainey's team knows how to seduce him .... there is no doubt that Montreal is within the top 3 cities that he would like to be at! and I'm sure the habs organization would be willing to match any offer if their is a possibility to get him on!

GO gainey go!

Nevertheless we've got a bunch of other holes to patch too!

Edited by CoRvInA

huet seems to be a good goalie...he actually was no 1 in L.A. before the trade...when chechmanek was underacheiving...if luongo refuses florida's offer, look for theodore been traded and huet doning the job until roberto's sign in mtl this summer.

anyway, can,t wait to see what gainey has to say

Luongo he's still a restricted FA this summer. Only after next yeay that he will be a UFA, so forget signing him this summer.

Thanks for the Info, so that's that

gainey has decided to see the bulldogs play against the syracuse cruch(columbus) on friday

maybe a trade with the bluejackets ??

Luongo he's still a restricted FA this summer. Only after next yeay that he will be a UFA, so forget signing him this summer.

Unless he asks to be traded and Bob Gainey promisses big bucks!