Huet To Face The Sharks

...according to RDS. http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/195643.html

I find that surprising. Three straight starts for a backup, that's quite a blast of cold water in Theodore's face...Julien says that he's got to go with the hot hand, and I sure do agree, but I wish he would take the same attitude to our position players.

It's a good sign, though.

Thoughts?

Much deserved start for Huet. He hasn't done anything wrong in his last 2 starts, so why not riding with the hot goalie at the moment?

Julien said that Théo is still his Nr.1 but right now I also would start Huet, as he's simply outplaying Théo at the moment.

Huet is just on a streak this year. Some NHL back-ups are good enough to be average starters. But when they're only asked to play a few games a season and getting plenty of rest, they're going to look like All-stars sometimes.

So, let Huet play out his streak.

But anyone who thinks Garon, Huet, Hackett was better than Theodore is simply delusional.

But anyone who thinks Garon, Huet, Hackett was better than Theodore is simply delusional.

Garon WAS not as good as Theo, but right NOW he is clearly the better goalie. Hopefully Theo turns it around, I'm a big fan, plus I just bought his McFarlane.

I love theo but his highs are short lived and his lows are long .....not good for a goalie.

he has stood on his head in one play-off round only to choke in the next.....sorry not good enough....I hope he turns it around too but it seems i've been hoping for that since his veizna season..........

when we are up by 1 or two and even three goals i don't trust him......it's almost like he bets against the habs with his bookies and then throws the game!!!!!!!

not that big of a stretch from what may be the honest truth.

Gotta wonder if Theo is injured... again...

likely excuse............that guy is just not as good as everyone makes him out to be....look at the goals he lets in.......plus he's not getting any younger.

I really wish the habs would get rid of him

isn't this a dead issue? :wacko: :?- :blink:

julien is gone and gainey, the new coach (till the end of the year) has already stated that théodore will be playing tonight.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Huet is just on a streak this year. Some NHL back-ups are good enough to be average starters. But when they're only asked to play a few games a season and getting plenty of rest, they're going to look like All-stars sometimes.

So, let Huet play out his streak.

I think Garon is a better goalie -technical- than José. I'm talking mobility, positioning, save selection & rebound control. Don't get me wrong. José is one great goalie, doing a fine job in the Habs net for a couple of years now. Still I'm convinced Garon plays a better game. And I'm saying this since he played in Québec in 2000, not since his streak in december '05. Just for the record.

Here's hoping Théo comes out strong tonight.

I think Garon is a better goalie -technical- than José. I'm talking mobility, positioning, save selection & rebound control. Don't get me wrong. José is one great goalie, doing a fine job in the Habs net for a couple of years now. Still I'm convinced Garon plays a better game. And I'm saying this since he played in Québec in 2000, not since his streak in december '05. Just for the record.

Here's hoping Théo comes out strong tonight.

At least Théo had a better night than Garon had vs. the Sabres. B)

Some after thought I was wondering if in the french newspaper or somewhere before The change up occured when Huet was supposed to face San Jose did any headline say

Au tour de "San Jose, Sans Jose" :D

just came to me a week ago

A dead issue???????????????

Gainey is putting him in to tell him he has faith in him, the problem is he still sucks.

That's an issue that is very alive!

It's a dead issue in that the topic is about Huet facing the Sharks but, now that Gainey is the coach, Théodore is facing them.

Dead issue.