Game Thread | Dallas Vs. Canadiens | 01/16/06

Spider-Man NL

dallas200.gifvssmall2.gifmontreal200.gif

dallas50.gif30-12-2 : 62 Points (2nd in the Western Conference)

montreal50.gif20-16-6 : 46 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

0031.gif# 35 Marty Turco (22-11-2), 2.48 GAAdallas50.gif

montreal50.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (15-11-5), 3.18 GAA 0198.gif

Stars Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Higgns - Begin - Sundstrom

Murray - Ribeiro - Ferland

d.jpg

Streit - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Jose Theodore

capt.mtlb10801150114.sharks_canadiens_ho

ZedStars.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pic, Spider-man NL, of Bob & Guy behind the bench - can't tell you how great that looks! It's the look of a team that nows where it's going!

Let's see a repeat of Saturday night vs. the Sharks!

6-2 Habs over the Stars is fine by me!

can the habs maintain the momentum from saturday????? Yep!!!

at least the team can be confident that they will have a clear, solid gameplan going into this game.....and more than a little inside info considering Carbs was their assistant GM last week.

also i wonder if kostitsyn will be on the second line with the B's to replace zednik if he is still injured

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Edited by thehabbit

Darn it! I've been beaten by four guys in saying 'go habs go' first.

Well then (pouting and spouting)... I'll say it biggest and boldest.

****GO HABS GO****

SO THERE!!!! :P:wacko::) B) :D

Wow, Dallas looks awesome......according to Spiderman stats, they've won 6 in a row, haven't lost yet this year in regulation, are ranked first in their division , second in their conference, are 3rd in goals against in the league, and 5-0 in shootouts......that being said, let's kick their butts! :hlogo:

San Jose had won 6 in a row heading to Montreal as well.

Sorry 5 in a row I made an error the Sharks were attempting to earn their 6th straingt win

Edited by JMMR

As a fan of the Montreal Canadiens hockey club, I must admit that I hope Montreal ends up winning this upcomming game against The Dallas Stars.

Hey mec, is that a leafs jersey you're wearing in that avatar?

Hey mec, is that a leafs jersey you're wearing in that avatar?

I think that's a picture from the old classic Quebec short-story "Le chandail" by Roch Carrier, where a kid asks for a Habs jersey and receives a Leafs jersey instead and gets ostracized by other kids. It is a big part of Quebec's litterary folklore because its an allegory on the Quebec society of the mid-20th century and all the issues it had to deal with back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_chandail

Edited by KoZed

I think that's a picture from the old classic Quebec short-story "Le chandail" where a kid asks for a Habs jersey and receives a Leafs jersey instead and gets ostracized by other kids. It is a big part of Quebec's litterary folklore because its an allegory on the Quebec society of the mid-20th century and all the issues it had to deal with back then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Le Chandail

Sheldon Cohen 1980

Ce film drôle et attendrissant se déroule dans les années 1940 et raconte l’histoire d’un jeune garçon qui a pour idole Maurice Richard et qui se voit forcé de porter l’ignoble chandail des Maple Leafs de Toronto.

Edited by mathieu30

I think that's a picture from the old classic Quebec short-story "Le chandail" by Roch Carrier, where a kid asks for a Habs jersey and receives a Leafs jersey instead and gets ostracized by other kids. It is a big part of Quebec's litterary folklore because its an allegory on the Quebec society of the mid-20th century and all the issues it had to deal with back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_chandail

Anyone who hasn't seen the animation short of the story HAS to do so, what a classic -- heartwarming but you also will laugh your ass off, the way all the kids wear # 9, and slick their hair to look like the Rocket!

anyway, Go Habs Go!

Beat the Stars real good!!!

Go Habs Go!!

This has nothing to do with the game but, does anybody know when the trade deadline and GM meetings are this year?

:hlogo:

Lots of skating during todays practice. That sounds like music to my ears! Skating drills, hmmm.

"I've been saying that's important to keep moving forward. I think there were times in the past when our defence was confused, but Bob has told us that he wants us to move forward. You need a system that fits your players. The last time I was in New York, they wanted us to dump the puck in and chase it - that's not how I know to play." - Alex Kovalev

"You can't have a gap between the defence and the forwards. That's usually a problem early in the season; for this team, it got to be a problem in midseason." - Guy Carbonneau

"J'ai parlé à Bob et je suis d'accord avec lui. Je peux faire mieux" -Sheldon Souray

Keep an eye on that small forward with #3. Robidas? Yep, Stephane Robidas, the forward!

(43GP 3G 8A 11PTS +13 40 Pim)

Robidas is expected to play on a line with Niko Kapanen and Antti Miettinen.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: