Game Thread | Dallas Vs. Canadiens | 01/16/06

Spider-Man NL

GO HABS GO!

I have a feelin we'll pull off another big win...

Habs 5 (Kastitsyn, Bouillion, Ryder (2), Sundstrom)

Stars 3 (Modano, Zubov, Morrow)

I buy all the goal predictions, except for Sunny's. That is, unless the net is open AND 4 feet taller.. ;)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Montreal played Dallas Sunny scored the only goal for the Habs.

As for all the skating in practice that is excellent, that is this teams biggest asset, which was not being, exploited the past 25 games.

I"ve said it before; I'll say it again: I want a WINNING STREAK! The only way to start one is to win tonight GO HABS GO :hockey:

Come on boys, start posting. Where are the good ol' days when we had game threads of 20+ pages.

Komisarek scoring his first NHL-goal tonight? If he isn't scratched again, of course.

Post Habs post! ;)

:hlogo:

well mathieu im going to try to be around tonight and I'll try to help that post total...

if souray is out for tonight I imagine Komi will definitely get some time, but i souray is back I think you have to give the 6th D-spot to streit to award him for the last game.

GO HABS GO

Im predicting 5-2 for the Habs. Kovalev, Ryder, Markov, Koivu, and Higgins. Morrow and Leitonen(?) for the Stars. Man Im itching for a trade to take place soon... Mark Bell and Adrian Aucoin for Ribs, Dman and 2 or 3 round pick would be awesome!

Im predicting 5-2 for the Habs. Kovalev, Ryder, Markov, Koivu, and Higgins. Morrow and Leitonen(?) for the Stars. Man Im itching for a trade to take place soon... Mark Bell and Adrian Aucoin for Ribs, Dman and 2 or 3 round pick would be awesome!

What?? Morrow will atleast have a Hat trick against his Father in law! He will want either to have him regret leaving Dallas or help Convince the Habs they need to trade for him! Trade I too Can't wait to find out who's out and who's in!

Socre prediction 7 2 for the Stars! At least!!!

Come on boys, start posting. Where are the good ol' days when we had game threads of 20+ pages.

Komisarek scoring his first NHL-goal tonight? If he isn't scratched again, of course.

Post Habs post! ;)

Well, it kind of goes without saying.... but, since you asked...

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

Theo has been due for a shut out since early October.

Does he have it in him this year maybe? If Montreal can hold Dallas to less than 25 shots tonight he could earn one. But I just don’t see it happening. As long as he makes the first couple of saves I will be happy. The Sharks game was the first game I can remember in about 3 or 4 of his starts where he did not allow the first goal on the first shot.

I think that's a picture from the old classic Quebec short-story "Le chandail" by Roch Carrier, where a kid asks for a Habs jersey and receives a Leafs jersey instead and gets ostracized by other kids. It is a big part of Quebec's litterary folklore because its an allegory on the Quebec society of the mid-20th century and all the issues it had to deal with back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_chandail

Yes, it is. It shows the kid's mother showing him his new sweater. The kid is sitting on a rocking chair which he's tipped over on it's back. Needless to say, the kid is not pleased at all. His mother insists that he shouldn't be so rude because Mr. Eaton was a nice man and he sent him what he thought would be a nice sweater.

It's a great story... especially the ending.

Post Habs post! ;)

part of the reason for fewer 'pages' of posts is that because of the new system, if we make posts soon after a previous one we made, the next ones get absorbed into the previous post box.

Just like this.

@Shortcat and KoZed:

In English that story is called "The Hockey Sweater." I don't quite remember the ending but I recommend "Our Life With The Rocket" (by the same author) strongly to all of you.

Yeah in English it is sweet. After he receives the sweater he goes to church and prays that moth's or some flying bug will come and eat the sweater. Awesome book it was and still is my favourite short story of all time.

I was watching the Yotes game this afternoon and Cliff Fletcher was being interviewed and was talking about how Maurice was the most exciting player from the blue line in ever. He also mentioned that in his life he had only seen one play to resemble this and that is Ovechkin. He said they both have a fire in their eyes. He did not say Ovechkin was as good but is the next best thing because he always puts on a show for the fans.

@Shortcat and KoZed:

In English that story is called "The Hockey Sweater." I don't quite remember the ending but I recommend "Our Life With The Rocket" (by the same author) strongly to all of you.

Heheh, the ending is the best part. The kid is told to go to confession, so he asks God to send moths to eat up the laffs sweater! :lol: