Game Thread | Dallas Vs. Canadiens | 01/16/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were heavily outshot. We luckily managed 4 goals on 15 shots. I take that anyday over the 1 goal on 30 shots we used to be getting. So...is this it? Is the slump over?

This is what happens with Bobs, Carbs and Jarvs behind the bench!!!

*ok I'll stop*

...um,

"bonks"

Habs off to Cowtown on a streak.... Look for me.... I'll be wearing the Habs jersey and fighting off two Flames fans for the whole night.

OLE OLE OLE OLE :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Calgary is supposed to be a great crowd... Wish I could be there!

Yep, hopefully more members will come on and have faith with their team...

Anyways, great win...Hope to see Ribs promoted a little for his efforts lately....

Goodnight fellow Habs fans! Calgary next and then Vancouver Saturday night!

Bonk and Bulis had superb games on the.

Ribero was shown a huge vote of confidence by Gainey he was bumped up to the 2nd line from the 4th line at the end of the game to ensure the game would not be given away, wow Julien would never do that. Also Ribs is a different player right now he got hammered in front of the Dallas net in the 3rd and did not roll on the ice or limp away slowly, no he stood right up and hustled back on the back check. I am by no means a blind Ribs supporter but if he plays the way he did tonight every shift he is a very useful playmaker on this team especially on the PP. Bob has found a place for this lost soul.

I am very happy with tonight’s result as many are.

Although the Habs only had 15 shots they had plenty of scoring chances and when they had their chances they scored.

This team now has killer instinct, they scored 3 goals to go up early and when Dallas scored their first Ryder came right back to earn Montreal their second 3-goal lead. By the time Dallas scored their second the game was over.

Ribs is back? :D

And Bulis with another assist. In terms of points and +/-, this is the hottest guy on the ice.

Thank God you specified the bold part... :P

I'm happy for the win. Although something is bothering me:

Montreal

Goalies Shots Saves

J. Theodore 37 35

Skaters TOI G A +/- SOG PIM

S. Begin 17:53 0 0 -1 0 0

R. Bonk 18:18 0 2 -1 0 2

F. Bouillon 23:26 0 0 0 0 0

J. Bulis 14:54 0 2 -1 1 0

M. Dandenault 15:58 0 0 -1 0 2

J. Ferland 6:52 0 0 0 1 0

C. Higgins 18:25 0 1 0 1 0

A. Kastsitsyn 9:54 0 0 -1 0 0

S. Koivu 16:07 0 1 +1 2 0

A. Kovalev 16:59 1 0 0 1 0

A. Markov 15:49 0 1 +1 0 0

G. Murray 7:22 0 0 0 0 0

M. Ribeiro 12:48 2 0 0 3 0

C. Rivet 23:04 0 1 0 0 2

M. Ryder 16:05 1 0 +1 3 0

S. Souray 23:16 0 0 0 1 2

M. Streit 19:37 0 0 -2 1 2

N. Sundstrom 13:54 0 0 -1 1 0

Look at the 3 lowest ice-time... Didn't CJ get constantly bashed for giving the rooks less ice-time than vets? Or was it just some hypocritical excuse to rag on the coach?

Edited by KoZed

Look at the 3 lowest ice-time... Didn't CJ get constantly bashed for giving the rooks less ice-time than vets? Or was it just some hypocritical excuse to rag on the coach?

CJ did get ragged on for playing the rooks too little, and that's because he took it to the extreme. Kastsitsyn would play one or two shifts for an entire game, Streit would sit for whole games at a time. Sure Murray and Ferland could be playing a little more, but i really think that 8 or 9 minutes is perfect for what they bring. I do think that the top line should be closer to the 18-20 mark though, 16 minutes just isn't enough for Koivu.

I also didn't like the way we played in the third at all, seems like we stopped attacking and hung on for the win. Luckily we had built a strong enough lead that it didn't matter. Maybe this is just nit picking.

Either way i'm happy with the 2 points, now let's start winning some on the road.