Game Thread | Dallas Vs. Canadiens | 01/16/06

Spider-Man NL

outshot 17-2 in 3rd period what happened? did we get jacques lemaire on the brain trust when i was not looking? great game for the habs that 3rd period stat bothers me but hey if jose stood up like a man and was not lying on the ice like a little girl then good I AM HAPPY! We still have problems but I am truly happy with our changes at this point.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ did get ragged on for playing the rooks too little, and that's because he took it to the extreme. Kastsitsyn would play one or two shifts for an entire game, Streit would sit for whole games at a time. Sure Murray and Ferland could be playing a little more, but i really think that 8 or 9 minutes is perfect for what they bring. I do think that the top line should be closer to the 18-20 mark though, 16 minutes just isn't enough for Koivu.

I also didn't like the way we played in the third at all, seems like we stopped attacking and hung on for the win. Luckily we had built a strong enough lead that it didn't matter. Maybe this is just nit picking.

Either way i'm happy with the 2 points, now let's start winning some on the road.

The reason is b/c the rookies in this case are Murray and Ferland, not Kosty, Zhogs, HIggins and Plex who were the ones originally being discussed.

Ice time for the top line was reduced in the latter half of the second and the third with a three goal lead, Bob played his defensive minded guys more ice time and it got the job done, I'm not complaining.

At last, a winning streak...just what I wanted... and now I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!!

I cant wait till the Calgary game.

If I"m Claude Julien I'm watching this team saying: " why couldnt you @&!&&&^#@!!! do that when I told you to do it" :)

Bill Guerin said that, that’s amazing.

I always wanted to not like him very much but when I met him and the rest of the Stars a few years ago he was so unbelievable with my young cousins he played little games with them and made them feel really important he is a great person and awesome with kids.

Guys, I think I've hit a winning formula. Every time I've had sex with my girlfriend on game night, the Habs win.

I know that's only been twice so far, but I'll be happy to test this theory every game for the rest of the season. I do it because I care. Go Habs Go!

Guys, I think I've hit a winning formula. Every time I've had sex with my girlfriend on game night, the Habs win.

I know that's only been twice so far, but I'll be happy to test this theory every game for the rest of the season. I do it because I care. Go Habs Go!

umm . . .

nevermind

I'm sure this post will breed more than enough witty and/or tasteless retorts without my contribution.

:rolleyes:

I noticed something that I haven't seen from the Habs in a long time - Blocking shots. Begin has always tried to block shots but last night he wasn't alone.

It is really easy to see that the Habs are playing a different style. The boring trap system (that the Habs were not very good at) is being replaced by old style hockey. I love it.

Dallas was flying out there in the third. We were lucky quite frankly to get a win.

Streit is playing better and better.

:hlogo:

Yep, hopefully more members will come on and have faith with their team...

Anyways, great win...Hope to see Ribs promoted a little for his efforts lately....

Goodnight fellow Habs fans! Calgary next and then Vancouver Saturday night!

I wish i could. Havent been in a gamethread in 3 weeks. My computer is still broken, but i think i will be there next weekend again. It's probably fixed this week. So bring back the 25 pages threads! :king:

In my personal opinion, I think Gainey and Carbo will be a bit disappointed with the game last night. Sure we won, but we were completely dominated for the last period. I have all confidence in them that they will be able to correct the problem. Hopefully Markov isn't too injured. GO HABS GO!

Ha, old time hockey. Gotta love it. Impressed with the PP/PK during the last couple of games.

Can't, Won't, Don't Stop Les Boys!

Go Guy go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I have got to get in front of a satellite TV soon. habs games are few and far between in 'Leaf/Sens land'. I keep reading postive views about Steit. That is something I am going to have to see for myself to believe.

However, it is official. We are now on a winning streak. More pls.

I'm in the Toronto area and all we get is Toronto Puke games. I have express vu and didn't want to get the NHL package. Instead I picked one of the french theme packs that contained RDS. I don't understand french but at least I can still watch most of the games. Besides, what other words do you need to know besides LE BUT!

Sacrifices must be made. Way to take..., uh give one for the team :D

umm . . .

nevermind

I'm sure this post will breed more than enough witty and/or tasteless retorts without my contribution.

:rolleyes:

Don't hold back.

One for me three......

oh and send pics :king:

That could be a hard sell...

"Hey sweetie, I need to take pics of us ######ing for the Habs forum I post at.....hun? where are you going?"

"Look at the 3 lowest ice-time... Didn't CJ get constantly bashed for giving the rooks less ice-time than vets? Or was it just some hypocritical excuse to rag on the coach?"

This is a little bit diferrent i think i remember a game where Kastitsyn played 46 seconds or something like that. over 9 minutes is a helluva difference.

Now that I think about it, the Habs won on days that I did NOT have sex. A winning formula...?

Ah, scratch that... the Habs were also on their losing skid while I was busy not having sex. I'm getting depressed now... :(

There is no question that the style of defensive play changed. The guys were blocking shots and making it very difficult to get to the net. That is how you protect a struggling goalie as well, which should help Theo get his confidence back.

I was pretty annoyed with the team during the dark months. Sure Theo was struggling, but rather then help him (block shots, clear rebounds, clear the net, etc) they hung him out to dry. Hence, he got worse and worse.

I firmly believe that Gainey has made it very clear to the team that Theo is the guy and that they are responsible for helping him get out of his slump. The entire team must be dedicated to defense in their own end, just as they must be dedicated to offense in the other end.

By the way, Brodeur has recently improved his play and the commentary I have heard is that it started with better defense by the guys in front of him! Let's hope for the same.

PS. My wife only gets sex on game night if we win. It has been a long couple of months. :(

"PS. My wife only gets sex on game night if we win. It has been a long couple of months"

Thanks for the heads-up (both of you).....I just purshased 20,000 shares of Trojan stock!

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone who hasn't seen the animation short of the story HAS to do so, what a classic -- heartwarming but you also will laugh your ass off, the way all the kids wear # 9, and slick their hair to look like the Rocket!

Just found a link on the web. Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=35...treal+canadiens