Who'll Benefit From Changes....Higgins!

hankhab

A few days ago, just after the coaching change, I patted myself on the back for a suggestion earlier in the season that Gainey could get Carbo in as coach, for which I was poopooed by many here, and it happens. A few days ago, I started a thread called who will benefit from coaching changes. I suggested Higgens as one in particular, as his style would be familiar to both Gainey and Carbo. Bulis the Habbie, in particular, poopooed that one, as did a couple more members. But, lo and behold, who led the Habs forwards in ice time last game? Higgens! And today, I see an artical posted here talking about how Higgens has been given a larger role, and how Gainey sees him as the teams top prospect. Once again, therefore, I pat myself on the back. I'll get back to everyone as soon as my crystal ball clears up again. :P

Edited by hankhab

You are now confirmed as the new HW Nostradamus! :D

I didn't "poopoo" your idea, I just asked why Higgins and not any of the other two-way forwards (who are also playing well). It's also to early to tell. Since you made that statement only 2 games passed and pretty much the whole team has been playing well. Ya, the article was, I think, written by Jack Todd in today's Gazette.

By the way, the nickname is lame. :unsure:;)

Actually, Bulis, I really didn't mean to make fun of your nickname, sorry bout that. There's a guy on here with Hobbit in his name, and I honestly got it mixed up. No disrespect intended.

Edited by hankhab

Actually, Bulis, I really didn't mean to make fun of your nickname, sorry bout that. There's a guy on here with Hobbit in his name, and I honestly got it mixed up. No disrespect intended.

Nah!!! lets call him... Bubbles the Hobbit :king:

its thehabbit not the hobbit :P

I'm still sticking with my preseason guess of the Flyers. My preseason guess was right twice in a row a couple of seasons back (Detroit, New Jersey) but then I messed up. Hopefully I can get myself back on the map now.

Philly/Detroit - Flyers win

Detroit has sometimes underachieved in the playoffs even with killer teams but I can't see Nashville or any of those other teams making it. Then again I doubted Tampa Bay in every single one of their series's.

You know one thing just came to my mind and it's pretty silly. Carolina is on top right now, but even if they finish first, it would still be a cinderella team if they win the stanley cup!!

It is a crazy world after all

Anyone predicting the cup to the canes? (If you did before the season: Hats off to you my friend)

Ok Trizzak, I'll play your silly game....the Calgary Flames are my favorite to win the cup..anyone else wanna give it a shot?

You misunderstood me....or you understood and posted that to spite me...

I want you to predict a Habs Stanley Cup win this year.

Poopooed?

Bulis the Hobbit?

Higgens?

Come on mahn, it's nice you're right and proved everyone wrong, but at least have some respect.

3 instant classics in one post!

Bulis_The_Habbie will now be known has... PIPPIN!

"Pippin poopooed on my Higgens pompoms!"

Edited by KoZed

I have to go with Ottawa, but i still believe the Habs will go far

Big it up for Pippins :king:

Uuu i too would like Ottawa for the lack of the Habs going far... But Philly has more depth than Ottawa... weve seen it's just about taking out Anderson and either Spezza or Havlat and not even Chara with Redden would hold off any team in 7 games! Philly was playing well with 10 rooks and freshmen! thats depth!

Uuu i too would like Ottawa for the lack of the Habs going far... But Philly has more depth than Ottawa... weve seen it's just about taking out Anderson and either Spezza or Havlat and not even Chara with Redden would hold off any team in 7 games! Philly was playing well with 10 rooks and freshmen! thats depth!

Philly and Theo are the same.................one round and then..................CHOKE!!!!!

Would never put money on either of them!!!!

Anderson? I guess we can't call him Alfie any more. :)

A few days ago, just after the coaching change, I patted myself on the back for a suggestion earlier in the season that Gainey could get Carbo in as coach, for which I was poopooed by many here, and it happens. A few days ago, I started a thread called who will benefit from coaching changes. I suggested Higgens as one in particular, as his style would be familiar to both Gainey and Carbo. Bulis the Habbie, in particular, poopooed that one, as did a couple more members. But, lo and behold, who led the Habs forwards in ice time last game? Higgens! And today, I see an artical posted here talking about how Higgens has been given a larger role, and how Gainey sees him as the teams top prospect. Once again, therefore, I pat myself on the back. I'll get back to everyone as soon as my crystal ball clears up again. :P

you have a crystal one? wow! I don't have any crystal ones. :wacko::wacko:

I'll go with Ottawa too.

For one, I expect Havlat will be back by then and also, as far as this is worth, they're my sentimental favourites.

The second isn't a valid reason, I know, but I'd hate to see them become the Buffalo Bills of the NHL - kissing their sister as the best thrill.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Ottawa and Philly are two very rough teams and they even have a bit of history together. Ottawa has proved that without their stars they are only an average team while Philly has proved that without their stars they are just as good a team. COnsidering how rough the teams are, you can expect some injuries. Following that theory, Philly's rookies will hold the fort and they would win the series.

Also, it would just be boring if the "Team to Beat" won.

Ottawa and Philly are two very rough teams and they even have a bit of history together. Ottawa has proved that without their stars they are only an average team while Philly has proved that without their stars they are just as good a team. COnsidering how rough the teams are, you can expect some injuries. Following that theory, Philly's rookies will hold the fort and they would win the series.

Also, it would just be boring if the "Team to Beat" won.

all what youve said can be resumed by the earlier quote

Philly has more depth than Ottawa. ^_^