Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Calgary | 01/19/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your clearly don't know as much about the NHL as you think you do. Your calling a 30-year man OLD? To be 30 in the NHL is not old at all, especially when your still getting as many points in as many games as he is.

I don't even want to comment again on Bryan Marchment, that's just a joke.

And lastly, I do not want to make a big thing out of this but a bandwagon hopper Flames fan that does not know much about the NHL coming onto a Habs board and saying bull**** like that is pretty funny.

I'm just going to laugh off your silly comments from now on.

Of course, Captain Kerp is being way too bold when he bashes Koivu (who I wouldn't trade for anyone on his team besides for Iginla and Phaneuf) but if he was a Flames fan since he was 5 (and lives in Calgary) then I wouldn't consider him a bandwagonhopper. Whoever calls Koivu an old, washed up, glorified man is obviously wrong and underestimating one of the more underrated players in the league

- The habs would be better off without koivu. Hes just a glorified old man.

- Bryan Marchment? Good enough to be the teams 7th dman, adds grit and a physical presense. As for him taking penalties ya that sucks but having a team that is actually built to try to make a playoff run needs depth guys like him when injuries occur.

- As for questioning my "loyalty" to calgary you should know that ive followed the flames since I was 5.

- As for spelling, im glad to see your the grammer police.

:lol: "grammer police".........man they do breed them sort of dumb out there in alberta

oh by the way, GO Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, Captain Kerp is being way too bold when he bashes Koivu (who I wouldn't trade for anyone on his team besides for Iginla and Phaneuf) but if he was a Flames fan since he was 5 (and lives in Calgary) then I wouldn't consider him a bandwagonhopper. Whoever calls Koivu an old, washed up, glorified man is obviously wrong and underestimating one of the more underrated players in the league

I didn't mean it literally it was just a shot taken at him for not knowing how to spell Hamrlik's name correctly.

But Simonus is right, this thread shouldn't turn into a Flames thread, especially because there is a cracked-out Flames fan who has no idea what he is talking about.

But anyways, GO HABS GO!

my sister lives out in calgary and is going to the game tonight, i cant believe that she is going to see the habs live before me, woe is me...........

Flames honouring former coach-exec Al MacNeil before the game. I remember when he was coaching the Habs in the 1971 finals against Chicago when Henri Richard called him the worst coach he ever played for. The fact MacNeil couldn't speak a word of French didn't help matters. If you're old enough, you may also recall that before the Richard outburst, John Ferguson threw a fit over MacNeil's coaching/line changes. Needless to say, MacNeil's days as coach were numbered and opened the door to Scotty.