Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Calgary | 01/19/06

Spider-Man NL

Al MacNeil might be pleased but the call kicking Souray out led to the goal, and makes no sense -- booted for kicking ass after the Flame instigated the fight?

I don't like fighting but I'd send Murray out to pound someone.

And get some throat lozenges for the Flames arena announcer

He's not kicked out off for 5

CJAD says he's gone for the game...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just talking to my sister on the phone, she is at the game and says that there is a tonne of rambunctious habs fans there, she held her cell phone up and i could hear the go habs go chant around her, she called me just after the flames made it 2-1

what the hell is intent to injure in a fight? ar e these fing refs from the juniors or europe? heres a little hint if i get in a fight i definitely am trying to injure him! what the hell else would i do it for? peckerheads

I hope Bob Gainey has a little chat with the officials before the start of the next period.

This is true lunacy.

Flame instigates the fight, Souray happens to do well and clobbers him, he gets kicked out? wtf.

i was just talking to my sister on the phone, she is at the game and says that there is a tonne of rambunctious habs fans there, she held her cell phone up and i could hear the go habs go chant around her, she called me just after the flames made it 2-1

hehe tech world -- I'm in Tokyo reading a post about the game from a guy in Ontario who's talking on a mobile phone to his sister in the Calgary arena!!!

got to go however, GHG!

I honestly think Souray got the attempt to injury for hitting McCarty with his own helmet. Does anyone remember the tucker thing he got no penalty. This is ridiculous. And I believe Souray is gone an attempt to injure penalty is a match penalty.

The claim is that Souray did an eye gouge, but the replay clearly showed he didn't, he had his hand up to block.

By the way, this is Pollock reffing. Remember him from the Toronto game earlier this season (with bogus call giving the Leafs the win) and the Ottawa game (Markov suspension).

Guess he wants to compete with Fraser for best "screw the habs" award.

Kevin Pollack might be ready to pass Fraser on my list of worst NHL refs.

How does a guy get intent to injure in a freakin fight???? Might as well just ban fighting altogether.

BTW i didn't realize the Flames were such divers. Iginla gets hit in the back by Souray and then flops to the ice 3 seconds later, and then Sundstrom rubs against the side of another flames player and he sprawls to the ice as if on cue.

What a frustrating period, but i still think we can win this one.

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Sourey is gone, but made a statement, we ain't getting pushed around. I heard all this trash talk about these guys being able to push us around. Not seeing alot of that now are we?

Great hitting game so far but the officiating, as has been stated numeriously but can not be mentioned is unfounded. I also go into every fisticuffs with intent to injure. That is called fighting. 5 min, 2 for instigater, right? Yeah okay, maybe he'll be in ahl next week.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Apparently the attempt to injure was for fighting with a brace on his wrist. So basically, he can't fight at all since he has to wear the brace.

He can fight, but he'd have to keep his glove on.

Anyone remember Odjick a couple years ago fought with his glove on because of the same thing?