Nedved Dealt To Philly

jetsniper

Flyers pick-up a back-up center for the injured. Man, this team is stacked.

Hmm im interested to see their cap room once all the top paid are healthy and back off IR

Philly wins the trade in terms of skill but I don't think Nedved (who makes over $2 million) will fit under the cap. They're offseason signings didn't come cheap.

Pretty funny. Zhog is one of the lease physical and most harmless players out there yet he's already taken out Primeau and Stafford long term. He's only 22! At this rate he'll soon be the most feared man in hockey!

This is one of the 1st steps that Clarke is taking to 'take' his team out of contention.

This trade isn't as impacting a trade as the Fedotenko trade but, so far as I'm concerned, it's a dilution of this team. Nedved won't be the player they hope he'll be. He'll underachieve and he'll take ice time away from those who could be helpful (will this man be kept off the ice even if he's underachieving? I doubt it.)

This'll be a trade which will stick in Clarke's craw. He and the team will choke.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I guess the Canadiens could have landed him if they wanted to. I think Nedved still has hockey in him. He needed a change. But I don't understad why it was Philly. Aren't they doing good?

Anton Babchuck also got traded. Him we missed. With Markov out and thin on defence I don't get why Gainey didn't push harder to land a top defenceman like Babchuck.

Short cat I agree 100% I have no idea why Bobby Clarke would do this. The rookies that the flyers have relied on up front, on defence and even between the pipes is what has them in 2nd in the conference. Sure they just lost to Boston but losses happen. As for Nedved he is washed up if he is not going to work for the Great one with no pressure I highly doubt he will be performing a month from now or during the playoffs. But time will tell.

And as for Babchuck, I don't know if he would be a quick fix for the Canadiens but maybe a great future defenseman. He is a former first rounder but I do not believe he is quite NHL ready.

Short cat I agree 100% I have no idea why Bobby Clarke would do this. The rookies that the flyers have relied on up front, on defence and even between the pipes is what has them in 2nd in the conference. Sure they just lost to Boston but losses happen. As for Nedved he is washed up if he is not going to work for the Great one with no pressure I highly doubt he will be performing a month from now or during the playoffs. But time will tell.

And as for Babchuck, I don't know if he would be a quick fix for the Canadiens but maybe a great future defenseman. He is a former first rounder but I do not believe he is quite NHL ready.

I heard Nedved was unhappy because his girlfriend (a supermodel) lives and works in New York. I think Philly is counting on his game improving now that he is leaving closer to her.

Sort of like Philly's version of Trizzak's theory. :unsure:

Edited by Peter Puck

Hahaha.

What is the most funny is how Bobby Clarke ripped Nedved in the media years ago calling him an idiot.

But I imagine that is all water under the bridge.

Yes Nedved did look good tonight but usually players start off with a bang with their new clubs because they try to get them going by giving them excellent line mates and a plethora of ice time to succeed.

I heard Nedved was unhappy because his girlfriend (a supermodel) lives and works in New York. I think Philly is counting on his game improving now that he is leaving closer to her.

Sort of like Philly's version of Trizzak's theory. :unsure:

:P That theory needs to be refined. During the game against Calgary, we had sex but the Habs lost.

Today I'm nowhere near her and the Habs are destroyed. Utterly destroyed.

I'll continue to dabble with this boys. The girlfriend is all for it too. In the end...I win.

:P That theory needs to be refined. During the game against Calgary, we had sex but the Habs lost.

Today I'm nowhere near her and the Habs are destroyed. Utterly destroyed.

I'll continue to dabble with this boys. The girlfriend is all for it too. In the end...I win.

Which boys? :o (Just kidding). You might want to choose your words more carefully. Good luck with the experiment.