Game Thread | Canadiens @ Canucks | 01/22/06

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvssmall2.gifcanucks200.gif

montreal50.gif21-17-6 : 48 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

canucks50.gif27-15-5 : 59 Points (6th in the Western Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

0198.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (16-12-5), 3.14 GAA montreal50.gif

canucks50.gif# 35 Alex Auld (19-11-3), 2.73 GAA1892.gif

Canadiens RosterLink

Canucks RosterLink

13453.gifhabs-w.gif13454.gif

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Higgns - Begin - Sundstrom

Murray - Ribeiro - Ferland

13457.gif

Komisarek - Dandenault

Souray - Rivet

Bouillon - Streit

13455.gif

Jose Theodore

Zednik_vs_Van.jpg

RivetFightVan2.jpg

This game can be seen 10:00 pm eastern on:

logo_RDS.gif, th_CBC.jpg& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Trizzak, it's time to prove the critics wrong ;) .

After 100 NHL games it would be nice for Komisarek to get his first NHL-goal. He needs a confidence booster real quick. A good performance against a solid Canucks' offense wouldn't hurt either.

Alex Auld is 3-0-0, 1.34, .954 Sv% in his last 3 GPI (against Buffalo, the Pens & Isles)

Here's hoping we have 50 points after tonights games.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Predict its 5-2 Montréal over the Nucks. Kovalev on fire, Bégin back and Bulis with a strong night. Naslund nets both for Van.

Anyway, we are looking good with a win here, I believe! Too bad it's a late start I will miss the whole game as I have to be somewhere from midday here, but drink tea or make love or whatever you believe works in my absence, please... G-G-GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!

Should be a good game tonight. :king: Nucks lineup:

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Carter

Burrows - Kesler - Ruutu

Bouck - Green - Linden

Ohlund - Allen

Salo - Baumgartner

Bieksa - McCarthy

Auld

Canucks are 8-1-0 vs eastern conference teams, won 6 of their last 7 and have won their last 4 games at home.

Awesome game day threads Spider-Man. :)

Look for the team, to get a lot more shots on goal, as I'm sure Bob and Guy will tinker with the system they used against Calgary, especially with Auld in net as opposed the likes of Kpprusof.

This will be a different kind of test for the D, where Calgary pounded them to cause turnovers, Vancouver works their cycle game endlessly especially the Sedins.

Theo needs a strong performance, look for big games out of Sourray and HIggins.

GO HABS GO

On the other side of the continent away from the snow and the cold of Montreal, les Canadiens are in Vancouver to face the Canucks tonight with hopes of getting their road swing moving in the right direction. There are a few players and issues worth looking at for this one, and as defence is a key, taking a look at Mike Komisarek seems a good place to start...

Okay, I started writing for here, then I got carried away. :D Go check the front page on HabsWorld.net and read the rest. ;)

On the other side of the continent away from the snow and the cold of Montreal, les Canadiens are in Vancouver to face the Canucks tonight with hopes of getting their road swing moving in the right direction. There are a few players and issues worth looking at for this one, and as defence is a key, taking a look at Mike Komisarek seems a good place to start...

Okay, I started writing for here, then I got carried away. :D Go check the front page on HabsWorld.net and read the rest. ;)

It's been a while since you've posted anything................... ;)

Paragraphs man, paragraphs :P

Go read though :D

edit: typo

Edited by Tony

GO HABS :P

On a sidenote (directed to Minny), can't wait to see the next Chelios play tonight ;)

I don't think you'll like him....................... :king:

I dont like going into a building where the team is one of the best home teams in the league. But western style teams play more of our game, so itll be an exciting game for sure.

Go Habs Go

OK Trizzak, it's time to prove the critics wrong ;) .

Bad news, I'm not seeing the girlfriend tonight.

I was with her last night though....I was with her a couple of times last night to be exact....

Maybe it will carry over?

Go Habs Go!

Predict its 5-2 Montréal over the Nucks. Kovalev on fire, Bégin back and Bulis with a strong night. Naslund nets both for Van.

Anyway, we are looking good with a win here, I believe! Too bad it's a late start I will miss the whole game as I have to be somewhere from midday here, but drink tea or make love or whatever you believe works in my absence, please... G-G-GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!!

I can only guarantee tea for tonight.. but I'll give it my best shot! :D

HUUUUUUGE GAME TONIGHT!!!! Need some momentum to carry into the remaining road trip.

After watching last night's game at the Dome, there are certain players who need to pick up their game. I'm not sure what the highlights showed but we could have easily won the Flames game with a little more luck. We were held to something like 18 shots but there were a lot of scoring chances by the Habs.

Koivu was soft and didn't show his playmaking ability, Ryder's defensive play was weak, Kovy was about 80%. It was the worst game I had seen from Higgins, he actually looked DISinterested, Ribs is stepping up his physical play but he still lacks the sheer weight to throw around. Bonk, no complaints - this guy is coming around. Bulis - usual strong effort. I think the most entertaining part was watching the Flames forwards go after Bouillon thinking they were going to run over him and then get smacked down FAST - the Flames fans were a little surprised by it too.

Not a whole lot else to say but there's plenty of issues for BG to work.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4690

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Canucks

VANCOUVER – Tonight marks the Canadiens’ final regular season contest against a Western Conference opponent for 2005-06, as they visit the Vancouver Canucks at GM Place. It’s the second game of six straight on the road for Montreal, who kicked off the trip with a 3-2 loss to Calgary on Thursday.

The Canucks are riding a three-game winning streak heading into tonight’s matchup, after topping the Buffalo Sabres 4-1 Thursday. The win kept Vancouver tied with the Flames for the Northwest Division lead. After tonight’s contest, Marc Crawford’s crew will head out on the road for seven and won’t be back home until Feb. 6.

It’s the only meeting of the season between Montreal and Vancouver. The Canucks hold the edge, having won seven of the last eight matchups, with the eighth game ending in a tie. The Canadiens will be looking for their first win against their hosts since November 30, 2000.

East vs. West: The Canadiens, who aren’t facing the Central Division at all this season, will be aiming for a win to put them above .500 against Western Conference foes this year (4-4-1). Tonight’s tilt is also the final one for the Canucks against the Eastern Conference. They’ve been successful against the East, with an 8-1-0 record, including a perfect 4-0 against the Northeast Division.

Captain K: With a goal and an assist against the Flames Thursday, Saku Koivu is now averaging a point per game this season, with 34 points in 34 contests. Saturday’s date with the Canucks will be the 16th of Koivu’s career. He’s racked up 14 assists in those games but is still in search of his first goal against them. It’s the only team, excluding Minnesota and Columbus who joined the NHL in 2000-01, against which Koivu has yet to score.

4690_1.jpg

VANCOUVER - The Canadiens will look to get back to their winning ways when they face the Canucks tonight at GM Place. It's the club's final regular season meeting against a Western Conference opponent this year.