• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sick hit by ribs he cleand out sedin

he has worked hard every shift

can say the same for koivu

You mean "can't", dont you?

Yeah, Koivu's line is making me sick. What, they are too good to bother playing defense or getting involved physicaly?

And Koivu's getting penalized now. Nice work Saku, really trying to convince Gainey you dont deserve a big contract, aren't you?

good question.. where is he?

Higgins is injured.

You mean "can't", dont you?

Yeah, Koivu's line is making me sick. What, they are too good to bother playing defense or getting involved physicaly?

And Koivu's getting penalized now. Nice work Saku, really trying to convince Gainey you dont deserve a big contract, aren't you?

Higgins is injured.

Any info on the injury? Cause that's exactly what this team needs...Our best rookie and one of the few players that gives 100% every night

Lets just say as a Nucks fan, you see too many close games. Especially vs Calgary etc. They are awesome to watch though. It's been hard for the Canucks to score and they were predicted th thrive in the new NHL but haven't. As of late, they are starting to score more and I'm happy they are having some success.

The 2nd was much better. Kosts looked really good too.

I was saying all night long in the thread to not be so happy about the leafs loss

A habs win is always better.

And yes I did intend to type can't and not can.

Koivu has been terrible the past two games he is either injured or just does not care anymore.

Hey, at least we weren't shut out. LOL.....

Losing 1-0 would have been better than this. :P

Vancouver stopped trying in the 2nd, so we got nothing to be happy about except they way Kosty and Ribs are playing. That's about the only 2 positives of this game.

Who's the worst of the worst out there tonight? (Not a fun topic, I know)

My vote goes to Dandenault. He's looked completely useless and incapable.

Not a good night in general for Gainey's men, Dandenault and Bonk. Huet looks solid, though.

Theodore should have demanded a better Defense before signing. This team's commitment seems to be more developing talent than winning.

Theodore has been carrying this team for the last 3 seasons. The only major signing they've done is Kovalev, when what this team needs is an All-star defenseman.

Shots saves

J. Theodore 11 6

C. Huet 15 14

Too me enough said... some of you will say it's not the same quality, but HUet has made many tough saves in this one.

Theodore is not making the saves he used to make to keep this team competitive. Having said that, he's had zero support tonight. The team has played slightly better in front of Huet, but you're right, he's had some tough saves.

What horrible defensive play, though. No pressure on the puck at any time in that first period. I feel bad for all the Habs fans out west who shelled out money to see this performance.

You know what scares me?

Usually a coaching change shakes a team up enough to get it on a winning streak for a while.

Us? The winning streak lasted 5 periods. That's all.

There's really a total lack of heart on this team. Its not just Theo, Ribs, Julien or whatever. Its a generalized lack of emotions and care about the team. Koivu and Rivet have not shown any leadership whatsoever all season long, Kovalev stopped performing since his little spat with Begin, Ryder doesnt try to do more than just put a goal on the PP now and then, Bonk is struggling and he aknowledged it but he's not trying too hard to get out of his funk, Dandeneault talks a lot from his exeriences but he's not showing leadership on the ice, Sundstrom is a pedestrian. Zednik is sulking if he's not with Koivu and Kovalev, etc.

The only veterans that have shown any signs of stepping up when the team needed it, which means giving more than normal, are Bulis and Souray. Bulis stepped up as the #2 center when Ribs got scratched and started a scoring streak when everyone else was slumping; and Souray started scoring more and hitting more when the Habs had no offense. Basically every other veteran stayed on neutral all throughout this slump.

The Habs need a top forward who can show leadership, grit and who will show the way every game. Its supposed to be Saku, but the bottom line is that Koivu is either too often injured or too shy to really impose his character on the rest of the team.

Edited by KoZed