Game Thread | Canadiens @ Canucks | 01/22/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this game has anything noticeable about it; its got to be the mini-breakout of Kostitsyn. He's been the Habs' best player out there, from start to finish.

Kosty looked a little shy up until tonight, but we're seeing a confident player who can control the flow of offense and create chances out of nothing tonight. This kid is going to be awesome, there should be little doubts left about it now. Its not only his offensive showing, its also his willingness to initiate contact and desire to win every little battle.

He's like a little Belarussian Alfredsson. He might be our next offensive leader in a very short time. Its already that way tonight.

Oh really? So I figure you watch him practice everyday.

I watch play every game. That's where results need to show... and its not. So if there's not results then he's not trying hard enough. If he was, there would be results.

Hard lesson for Gainey, Theo cant go 4 games in a row, especially after the long night in Calgary-How many more coaches will Theo get fired??

0 is the answer.

Carbo won't get fired by Theo.

Ribs is looking great tonight. He is finishing checks, knocking players down, and being defensively responsible. I think playing him with Kost is a great way to go. Kost is fast and talented, Ribs is a playmaker, and Ryder has the shot.

I think between Ribs spending some time on the 4th line and the energy Kost is bringing to the line, Ribs is coming around. Lets see if he can keep it going for a few games.

Kosty has been great no doubt.

But Ribs has been amazig tonight I know the game was a blow out but Ribs won battles every shift and led the team in hits, thats right he led the team in hits.

Another useless goal by Koivu. Bounced off his foot after he did squat the entire game. But it will go down as a goal and plus 1 tonight.

I like Koivu a lot, but he is not leading this team when it counts. He is invisible for entire periods. Not sure what is wrong with him. He is not playing terrible, but he is not the leader I remember him as, the guy who sparks the team, etc.

When Plex is ready we should call him and Zhogs up.

and start benching vets that don't perform...I would like to see

Zhogs Koivu and Kovalev (Again....let kovy be a mentor and see if they all imrove)

Kosty Ribs Ryder (with ribs playing better he can be promoted and Kosty has been great)

Higgins Bonk Buils (Zed is Crap...see if the hardworkers get bonk going)

Plekanek Begin Murray (Just ask them not to do too much and give Plex time to get back into it)

Zed get's a fresh seat on the bench....and hopefully on a plane out of town.

Sundstrom (for a one way player, as in defense only, he's been pretty bad defensively)

Ferland has been ok, but hasn't done anything spectacular on the fourth line.

Edited by gohabsgo252006

Another useless goal by Koivu. Bounced off his foot after he did squat the entire game. But it will go down as a goal and plus 1 tonight.

I like Koivu a lot, but he is not leading this team when it counts. He is invisible for entire periods. Not sure what is wrong with him. He is not playing terrible, but he is not the leader I remember him as, the guy who sparks the team, etc.

You know, I don't blame the guy for being flat..................He has been the captain for probably the worst decade of teams montreal has put together in history. He has been the back-bone the whole time, even through cancer. He has to be thinking what the ######? Give that man a supporting cast and he will show you what it'a all about again and again and again.....he is just out of gas right now.

I think Gainey really truly believes in this team and every player..........he picked them and now he's in charge behind the bench...............They will stand up and suprise us all.....it's coming.

I just don't think Theo will be around for it......God love him but he just ..........................really sucks.....

I don't mean that in an ass way.....I've been a Theo fan for a long time.Tonight I realized he is just really bad most of the time.

I don't mean that in an ass way.....I've been a Theo fan for a long time.Tonight I realized he is just really bad most of the time.

You say Koivu has been the backbone for the "worst decade of Montreal" hockey and that he needs a supporting cast.

Yet you say Theodore sucks? You must be blind.

Theodore is the backbone of this team. If it wasn't for him, this team wouldn't even have made the playoffs once the past half decade. And Theodore deserves a lot supporting cast. Ohlund and Jovanoski will be great for him. It'll be great to finally see him with some talent.

Anybody else think Koivu's playing hurt? The explosive acceleration doesn't seem to be there.

Yes, Theo's defence was horrible - but good goalies make big stops now and then, even when the D breaks down.

You know, I don't blame the guy for being flat..................He has been the captain for probably the worst decade of teams montreal has put together in history. He has been the back-bone the whole time, even through cancer. He has to be thinking what the ######? Give that man a supporting cast and he will show you what it'a all about again and again and again.....he is just out of gas right now.

Koivu was given a supporting cast this year. They brought in Kovy to finally give him a talented winger. Again, I am not saying he sucks, but I am disappointed in his overall play. A point a game is nothing to write home about for a top center in the league, one who is looking for a big contract.

I think what this team really needs is a true leader, one who is a little more outspoken, a little more emotional then Koivu. Perhaps you are right and Koivu needs a rest, someone to provide that leadership so he can just focus on playing.

I am not overly impressed with Kovy either... :(

Yes, Theo's defence was horrible - but good goalies make big stops now and then, even when the D breaks down.

He's been doing that for 3 seasons. 1 of which he was an MVP and the best goalie in the league, 2 of which he was an All-star.

Expecting him to bail this team out every season, when he has no supporting cast is ridiculous.

Anybody else think Koivu's playing hurt? The explosive acceleration doesn't seem to be there.

I think something is definitely up with Koivu

Seocnd...to further your theo comment about big saves....Good goalies also don't let in at least 1 soft goal per game that's pretty much Theo's calling card. Some people keep living in the past with THEO maybe he was good but so WAS JIm Carrey etc.. etc... I call this the "VIcne Carter Rule" I don't care how good he will be on another team if he's gonna suck here. So many peopel say don't trade him he'll win a cup, don't trade him he'll win another vezina...SO WHAT, if he's not going to do it when playing in MOntreal then WHO CARES.

That's my THEO rant for the night...I"m sick of this shit... Carey Price can match Theo's season stats...And so can Danis, Huet, Lasak, Michaud and whoever else we have...