Game Thread | Canadiens @ Canucks | 01/22/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for starters I am not a Theo basher. I love this guy and wish he would just put some confidence in the team in front of him. Anyone who has played hockey or watched it knows how hard it is for a team to play in front of a goalie they do not trust, you grip you stick harder and think about every play. In hockey thinking = goals against. You must read and react but that is tough to do when you believe that any bad turn over is a goal in your own net. All Theo needs is to put confidence in his team, he makes lots of money and will make even more next year. He needs a shutout I don't know how long I have been saying this but could you imagine if Theo would have had 20 saves in the first period and Montreal had only 8 shots. Things would have changed because the defence in their heads would have been more creative because sub consciously they would believe if they made a mistake no big deal Theo would bail them out. That is the way good teams play with a swagger knowing that the last line of defence (THE GOALIE) will be there to bail them out on a regular basis.

So if I had one wish it would be for Montreal to beat Carolina Monday night 1-0 being out shot 55-10 with Montreal successfully killing off 15 penalty’s.

Ya, whatever, guys. Good night for the Habs. We won the last two periods. Do you know how hard that is to do with heavy-hearts, once you know you've already lost, while you're being embarassed and once the other team has already showed that you're superior to you? It's gotta show atleast a little character that they didn't give up the game once it was 6-0. Not that I like losing 6-2 but it's nice to see that the guys atleast try. You can't completely blame Theodore but he's getting paid so much so that he can make those stops that no one else can do.

Kostitsyn is amazing.

You guys looking for Theodore nicknames? Colin invented Theopendoor but it kind of sucks. How about:

THEONLYFRIKKINGOALIEINTHELEAGUEWHOLETSINTHEFIRSTSHOTOFEVERYGAME-DORE!?

"Good night for the Habs"??????? I want half of whatever you're on! The only reason we won the last 2 periods is because the Canucks mailed it in... the game was OVER.

How many points do we get for winning the last two periods? :wacko:

Because he's a goalie being paid 5Million dollars a year.

Mentioning a player's salary only shows that you have nothing of substance to actually say about his play or skill.

Jose Theodore's pay has nothing to do with his fatigue in carrying this team for 3 seasons.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?...=simmons/051109

Mentioning a player's salary only shows that you have nothing of substance to actually say about his play or skill.

Jose Theodore's pay has nothing to do with his fatigue in carrying this team for 3 seasons.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?...=simmons/051109

I have plenty to say about his play and skill or lack thereof and I take complete offence to you saying I don't, in fact if you can read other posts I have commented on it several times. I've seen every game this year except for one and can honestly say that Theo's weaknesses have been found out by every team in the league. And forgive me for saying that I expect more from a player being paid more, I would assume that everyone would think the same way, but apparenlty you lack the understanding of what determines a players paycheque

1. Theo is always down to early and is small to begin with, the upstairs is always available.

2. Theo let's in more "soft" goals than any other goalie in the NHL, rookie, backup starter whatever.

3. Theo neutralizes one of his few strengths which is the speed going from post to post, by continuously oversliding the play. He's been doing it since the beginning of the year and has yet to correct it.

4. Theo often looks disinterested, and his reaction to goals infers him blaming the defence instead of blaming himself for not making a save, the way other great goalies in the NHL do.

If you would like me to continue I would be glad to and next time you make a comment, make it something useful instead of insulting my knowledge of this team and this game, because you obviously have nothing worthwhile to say.

Edited by gohabsgo252006

OK Trizzak, it's time to prove the critics wrong ;) .

After 100 NHL games it would be nice for Komisarek to get his first NHL-goal. He needs a confidence booster real quick. A good performance against a solid Canucks' offense wouldn't hurt either.

OK, I'm kinda late, just finished watching the tape of last nights game. Boy oh boy. Maybe you can blame Théo for 2 goals but if you're saying he should have stopped 5, .. boy oh boy.

Call me biased, but in my eyes, the best Habs-D in this ugly-one was Mike Komisarek.

Call me Nostradamus, Put@in!, but I expected Trevor Linden to snap his 16 game goalless streak. Yikes.

Boy oh boy. Trizzak, are you on a dry spell?

Looking forward how Les Boys come out on monday against the Canes,

Go Habs go!

"Good night for the Habs"??????? I want half of whatever you're on! The only reason we won the last 2 periods is because the Canucks mailed it in... the game was OVER.

How many points do we get for winning the last two periods? :wacko:

I'd rather we play a game like last night's than lose 3-1 or something like that. It builds character first of all. If our guys truly learnt something form that game than the 2 points we've lossed will be compensated for in future games. And the fact that the game was over is exactly my point. It's one thing to play well but it's a completely different thing to play well once you have zero hope of winning and have already been embarassed.

I'd rather we play a game like last night's than lose 3-1 or something like that. It builds character first of all. If our guys truly learnt something form that game than the 2 points we've lossed will be compensated for in future games. And the fact that the game was over is exactly my point. It's one thing to play well but it's a completely different thing to play well once you have zero hope of winning and have already been embarassed.

I still don't understand this point of view at all, so it's probably futile to try. All I can say is that seeing that game as a positive seems to be the depths of diminished expectations.