I Repent...

Trizzak

I'm here to publically make amends.

Months ago, during that beautiful streak long ago...when the Habs were winning, and actually placed 1st in the Eastern Conference....

I wanted the team to lose.

It's true.

I didn't like how they were winning the games: lucky bounces, heart attack inducing third periods, doing just enough to get by but not enough to dominate, etc.

So I asked for it. I posted it, here, and said "I want the Habs to lose." And they did. And they continue to.

Being that I am a fan, I am almost positive that everything I do directly influences how my team will perform. Superstitious nonsense? Of course. But if drinking tea during a game, gosh darnit, you're going to do it.

So I'm repenting. I take it back. I never should have said that the Habs should lose. I'm losing sleep over this! PLEASE! FORGIVE ME!! I WANT THEM TO WIN!!! WIN, DAMN YOU, WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fanpuck33

I'm here to publically make amends.

Months ago, during that beautiful streak long ago...when the Habs were winning, and actually placed 1st in the Eastern Conference....

I wanted the team to lose.

It's true.

I didn't like how they were winning the games: lucky bounces, heart attack inducing third periods, doing just enough to get by but not enough to dominate, etc.

So I asked for it. I posted it, here, and said "I want the Habs to lose." And they did. And they continue to.

Being that I am a fan, I am almost positive that everything I do directly influences how my team will perform. Superstitious nonsense? Of course. But if drinking tea during a game, or having sex with your girlfriend during the game appears to work for any fan, gosh darnit, you're going to do it.

So I'm repenting. I take it back. I never should have said that the Habs should lose. I'm losing sleep over this! PLEASE! FORGIVE ME!! I WANT THEM TO WIN!!! WIN, DAMN YOU, WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TREASON!!!!

At least you confessed your sin. But your redemption lays in the hands of the Forum's Ghosts now... May they have mercy on your soul...

For the record, I only wanted them to lose so they could wake up and realize they needed to play better than how they were. I wasn't satisfied with fluke wins because I wanted dominate wins. I believed they could do it.

Boy, am I an idiot.

At least you confessed your sin. But your redemption lays in the hands of the Forum's Ghosts now... May they have mercy on your soul...

Haha, but which forum ghosts?

The Ghosts of legends long lost at the Montreal Forum?

... or the ghosts that haunt Habsworld, holding the meaphorical key to the figurative future of the symbolic success of Habsworld. And who may be reading this very message!

:o

Edited by TheAussiePosse

We've been losing for 2 and a half months and you only admit it now! Leaf spy! Burn him at the stake!

Hopefully this'll turn out like in that Family Guy episode where everyone thinks Peter is God.

Tizzak, you need to go out, buy some pittiful item of Leafs merchandise, and burn around a Habs shrine as an offering to the Ghosts of the Forum.....

:hlogo:

You wanted the Habs to loose?

That is crazy!

I do not care how they win all that matters is that they do!

Would you have actually been mad if they continued to win like that all year finished first in the east and won the cup?

I for one would not!

If they won ever game in the last minute or in overtime who cares a win is a win is a win.

Some posters and even some players have said that those early wins were due to luck. I do not accept that. The Habs may have got a good bounce or two, but they were playing with heart and grit when it counted, even if only for a short time. They made their own luck.

I long for the days that they play with passion, even for a short time.

As for hoping the Habs lose... what were you thinking?!? Hopefully this public confession turns things around (... since we can't count on the sex anymore, it seems).

Well, that's quite a confession, and I hope that there aren't any Habs players lurking on the board. Imagine how they would feel...recalling Ryder's goal post against Colorado, etc.

But, while I appreciate your contrition, I don't get a sense of reparation -- I mean have you done anything to repair, or atone for your misquided act?

Being the helpful guy that I am (if you're a giving person, you should also be a forgiving person), I'll suggest that you get a Habs tattoo of some sort. Options include a brand, a regular tattoo in a location of your choice, or possibly a tattoo of 'HABS' or the 'CH' logo on the inside of your lower lip.

Maybe there are other opinions on the board, but that's my offering.

While I'm on the stump (and since we just played Vancouver), I'll offer that I don't think Todd Bertuzzi's apology/announcement had near the sincerity that yours did. I mean, all TB did was say he was sorry that the whole thing happened -- which could be construed that he was: embarrassed; distressed about being out the $ from a dozen or so games; and/or upset about making his wife feel bad, too, because it made her uncomfortable at the players' wives events. No, Trizzak, you genuinely feel bad, and with the right atonement, you deserve absolute forgiveness.

At least I can spell. Dude, "chaos" not "kaos"

:P

Maybe he's a fan of Get Smart.

As far as repenting, I also think you need to suffer for redemption. Since your amorous pursuits didn't produce a winning streak perhaps you should abstain on game days, and nights. In fact, like the character in the movie, perhaps you should give it up until the Habs are back in a playoff spot. I know, I know that's harsh, but sacrifices have to be made. :)

Maybe he's a fan of Get Smart.

As far as repenting, I also think you need to suffer for redemption. Since your amorous pursuits didn't produce a winning streak perhaps you should abstain on game days, and nights. In fact, like the character in the movie, perhaps you should give it up until the Habs are back in a playoff spot. I know, I know that's harsh, but sacrifices have to be made. :)

Now that's just mean! I mean, that's beyond cruel...

Maybe just make him cuddle afterwards... :P

At least I can spell. Dude, "chaos" not "kaos"

:P

Ha ha, great comeback loser. You may be able to spell, but your still an idiot. What the hell were you thinking. Wanting the Habs to lose, yeah nice excuse..."I wanted them to wake up and dominate".....blah blah blah.....your just an idiot

Ha ha, great comeback loser. You may be able to spell, but you're still an idiot. What the hell were you thinking. Wanting the Habs to lose, yeah nice excuse..."I wanted them to wake up and dominate".....blah blah blah.....you're just an idiot

/fixed

:lol:

You should know I'm merely being facetious and won't get involved in a flame war. I honestly can't tell if you are joking or serious... but it's looking legitimately negative.

Well, that's quite a confession . . .have you done anything to repair, or atone for your misquided act?

. . . I'll suggest that you get a Habs tattoo of some sort. Options include a brand, a regular tattoo in a location of your choice, or possibly a tattoo of 'HABS' or the 'CH' logo on the inside of your lower lip.

hmmm, does CCM make hairjerseys? <_<