Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Carolina | 01/23/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifhurricanes_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif21-18-6 : 48 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

carolina50.gif32-11-4 : 68 Points (2nd in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (2-3-1), 2.77 GAA montreal50.gif

carolina50.gif# 29 Martin Gerber (23-8-2), 2.76 GAA2443.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Hurricanes Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Bonk - Bulis

Kostitsyn - Ribeiro - Sundstrom

Murray - Begin - Ferland

d.jpg

Souray - Komisarek

Streit - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 31st, 2005:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif5

4662_3.jpg

HabsCanes.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Pleks back SOOOOON!!!!! Other than that Huet downright deserves the start after keeping the Canucks at bay after that horrible start by Theo.

:hlogo:

WIN THIS FREAKIN' GAME

STOP MESSING AROUND OR YOU WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FOR CRYING OUTLOUD.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(ps :ghg: )

Go HABS GO

What a revolting display last night with Henri Richard in attendance. Get a win tonight so you can hold up your heads on the streets of MTL.

In Bob I trust. In some of his players..

Boy oh boy, 6 goals in the first period, brrr.

Time to get 50 points.

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

GO HABS GO!!!!

I'm noticing a trend today..........no-one is making predictions.

We always predict a habs win.and we've been losing so..........do we all predict losses or nothing at all....

I say we predict a loss b/c last time we all were predicting a blow -out against the sens we won...

I'll go first

4-2 Caroina

That really hurt...a lot, but it's for the good of the team.

last time we played them pretty tough. they got the game winner with 1:50 or so left in the game. they also got an empty netter with 2/10 of a second left.

Theo let in a bad goal for their 4th. tonite we have huet (i hope ) starting and bg will not let them come out flat like they did in vancouver. This team seems to be either really with it or out to lunch. I say it will be close but I see 3-2 for Montreal Canadiens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say it will be close but I see 3-2 for Montreal Canadiens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, the good old 3-2 Montréal win. A gritty Habs player scoring with 30" left in the third. Huet deserves tonights start.

Go Les Boys go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Some good news. Plex flying in Hamilton.

image07.jpg

He won't play tonight. Here's hoping he does play, but it's not going to happen. He should be back soon.

Still haven't heard who will get the start in goal. It should be Huet.

In Bob we trust.

Apparently Plex was recalled and will play tonight. Murray went back to Montreal with a shoulder injury. Higgs is iffy.

8-0 for the Canes, Theo lets in 6 on 10 shots, walks to Carbo on the bench and tells him he's never playing for the Canadiens again. In three days, Theo gets traded to the Avs for a 3rd round pick and a mocha latte.

NO WAIT. That was the nightmare.

:D

Interesting game tonight - the most interesting in a while. How will they respond? How will Gainey use his players? Will Zed see ice, or will he see hot dog? Does Kosty's good play push him to the first line? Does Gainey decide to start wearing sporty plaid hats during the game and smoking a pipe or cigar? Does Carbo come out wearing all leather with a studded choker?

If they play hockey tonight...they will win......if they let their emotions take control were gonna lose because we got too many head cases that need to come together and play as one......team.....i know....a hard concept to grasp for some.........as my dad always said...quit bitchin and get in the kitchen :hlogo:

Prediction: Habs 5 Carolina 3

Edited by umpalumpa55

i was pretty pumped to actually be catching a habs game in english on saturday night, well, that lasted for about 10 seconds as you all know.......ah nee nah!!!!!!!!!!!

well they cant play worse tonight but they sure can lose again

i'm hoping that Bob laid into some of the floaters big time, although Ribeiro has seemed to change his tune nicely since the coaching change.

now if kovalev and zednik would decide to show up for a game, especially the same game, it would be a minor miracle and then we would have a chance......of course thats a lot to ask for as Julien learned.

i am sure that Bob would like to make a move now, but he knows now is not the time to get the best return.

for now i think that he will be auditioning players either for the playoff run or next season, whichever he is now more determined to prepare for........hopefully its both

i think that we can all agree that chemistry moves need to be made and that its obvious several regulars are not the Gainey and Carbo type of players...........

so, sit tight, changes will be made nearer to the deadline as the process of changing the culture of this team goes to a new level. what i mean here, is the culture of this team has been, for the past 12 years, a loser culture living in the glories of the past, a la pre-game ceremonies.......we need to get back to having pride in the here and now and this means dumping players who have more pride in their off-ice image and hair-do than they do in winning on the ice.

well nuff said..........Go :hlogo: Go

so what will the lines be tonight i wonder?

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Bonk - Bulis

Kostitsyn - Ribeiro - Sundstrom

Begin-Plex-Ferland/Downey

??

I only stick Plex on 4th line on the theory that they might want to give him light minutes at first... wouldnt be surprised to see plex upgraded in-game... would love to see:

Kost-Koivu-Kovalev

Higs-Plex-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Zed

Ferland/Downey-Begin-Ribeiro

but that is pipe-dream

The lines i would like to see, tonight due to injuries;

Kostitsyn Bulis Kovalev

Zednik Koivu Ryder

Begin Bonk Ferland

Pleks ribiero sundstrom

I don't think Downy will play tonight, i hope i'm wrong.

My pipe dream is trading Zednick and Ribiero to get A good D to play with Markov