Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Carolina | 01/23/06

Spider-Man NL

hahaha -- CJAD internet feed cut -- Elections Canada don't want the world to know how the Maritimes voted! (yet)

Where's there a renegade site reporting results, anyone know?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plex played great, but if we need to depend on him, what does that say about our "leaders"?

Koviu managed to be the only guy not to register a shot tonight and he looked horrible on that late goal. Kovalev is another guy who is suppose to be a leader and a game breaker. He has been anything but. Don't get me started on Zednik....

Bulis plays really hard, but he just can't seem to finish very often. It would not be so bad if we didn't have so much depth in the "doesn't score much' department. :(

Sigh, something big needs to happen on this team. I am not sure Gainey can really do anything (it takes two to tango), but perhaps benching Koivu and Theo for a game to send a message. Theo is obvious, but I think sending a message to Koivu is needed. Basically, he is the captain and he needs to lead now, not flounder.

I remmember when Koivu was hurt and everyone ripped Ribs for not stepping up. Well, Koivu is back and it is time for him to step up, or take the C off.

Yeah Plex played very well.

The Cube (Frankie B) also played well carried the puck out and created offence on the rush all night.

This is not Gaineys fault.

It was not Julines fault many fans knew that as I am sure Gainey did.

But Gainey must have known this already he wanted to shake things up and it did not work.

Plex played great, but if we need to depend on him, what does that say about our "leaders"?

Koviu managed to be the only guy not to register a shot tonight and he looked horrible on that late goal. Kovalev is another guy who is suppose to be a leader and a game breaker. He has been anything but. Don't get me started on Zednik....

Bulis plays really hard, but he just can't seem to finish very often. It would not be so bad if we didn't have so much depth in the "doesn't score much' department. :(

Sigh, something big needs to happen on this team. I am not sure Gainey can really do anything (it takes two to tango), but perhaps benching Koivu and Theo for a game to send a message. Theo is obvious, but I think sending a message to Koivu is needed. Basically, he is the captain and he needs to lead now, not flounder.

I remmember when Koivu was hurt and everyone ripped Ribs for not stepping up. Well, Koivu is back and it is time for him to step up, or take the C off.

Who do you give the C to?

Yeah Plex played very well.

The Cube (Frankie B) also played well carried the puck out and created offence on the rush all night.

This is not Gaineys fault.

It was not Julines fault many fans knew that as I am sure Gainey did.

But Gainey must have known this already he wanted to shake things up and it did not work.

Are you sure most fan knew it wasn't Julien fault. Seems to me 90% of the fans were calling for his head. Hell, the team played better under Julien then Gainey. How often did the team get blow out on back to back games. The bottom line is, it doesn't matter who's coaching this team, we quite frankly don't have a real leader on the team. Unstill this problem is solve we will never be contender again.

This team is so utterly, completely and totally fukt up at this point that it seems like the moment the opposition scores, it sucks whatever life the team may have had right out of them. On that first goal, either a deflection or a complete screen, you could see that, "Oh, shit, here we go," look on Theo's face. They came out well (despite the screwed up lines) and seemed like it was going to be a decent game, comparatively speaking. But we all know what happened, of course.

And could somebody please come up with a logical explanation why anyone in their right mind DROPS their leading goal scorer - and probably their only consistent source of offence all season – from the first line to the third? I, for the life of me, can't think of one. How many goals does Bonk have this year? And he gets promoted? Jeez, Bob, what the hell are you thinking?

He shoots, he scores. I am in tears.

Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.

*sigh* Be yours to hold it high.

:hlogo:

And who in hell wants those crappy players?! For e.g. Ribs and trade value, Théo and trade value?! Good one ... :lol:

Teams who are willing to dump their own crappy players for ours, in hope a change of scenery helps on either sides. Example: Arnason.

I was fortunate enough not to watch the game, but in reading this thread, it appears that Koivu was invisible (or worse) again last night. This is very disappointing and uncharacteristic. None of the vets seem to be on board. This team has serious problems - and the skill level of the players isn't a major one. The dressing room atmosphere must be poisonous for the last few months for this team to not compete like this.

I've always liked and admired Koivu, but if he can't be counted on to show up, who can? I really, really hate to use the Leafs as an example, but will anyway (this is rock bottom time, folks). If you caught the Leafs-Sens game, Sundin was laying checks and playing with energy all over the ice. He was leading. Yeah, they still lost, but it was close and they can hold their heads up. A player's pride has to kick in at some point after being embarrassed. When will we see some pride from the Habs? When will Koivu lead with renewed effort? How many embarrassments will it take?

Bob and Carbo have only been on board a short time, so I'll give them time to change the culture (and/or change the personnel). Hopefully things are improved by the time next season rolls around, because this season seems lost.

Edited by Mont Royale

I was fortunate enough not to watch the game, but in reading this thread, it appears that Koivu was invisible (or worse) again last night. This is very disappointing and uncharacteristic. None of the vets seem to be on board. This team has serious problems - and the skill level of the players isn't a major one. The dressing room atmosphere must be poisonous for the last few months for this team to not compete like this.

I've always liked and admired Koivu, but if he can't be counted on to show up, who can? I really, really hate to use the Leafs as an example, but will anyway (this is rock bottom time, folks). If you caught the Leafs-Sens game, Sundin was laying checks and playing with energy all over the ice. He was leading. Yeah, they still lost, but it was close and they can hold their heads up. A player's pride has to kick in at some point after being embarrassed. When will we see some pride from the Habs? When will Koivu lead with renewed effort? How many embarrassments will it take?

Bob and Carbo have only been on board a short time, so I'll give them time to change the culture (and/or change the personnel). Hopefully things are improved by the time next season rolls around, because this season seems lost.

Well said. Although, I'd say that the season isn't lost as of yet...

As much as the habs look helpless on the ice, with poor individual efforts and poor team efforts, you guys gotta give them time...i know....2 and a half months should be enough time right....but gainey has just stepped in and it does take some time to change the culture and the attitudes of the players......this season is not lost....if we suddenly won 7 or 8 games out of our next ten we would be right up in the mix with all the top teams.....i feel that same negative, all hope is lost, type of vibe as well....and so are the players...and i believe the vibe of all the fans somehow is connected to the teams as well....so keep your heads up and be optimistic boys....look at the team we have, look at the talent....and just as gainey said, he thinks most of his players are underestimating themselves and their abilities and have found a mediocrity in themselves......each player should start playing their game with confidence and to the best of their abilities, which is the total opposite of what is happening now

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

And hats off to Plekanec for his first game back getting an assist and scoring 2 highlight real goals, one an amazing move on a breakaway, and the other speeding past 3 DEFENDERS and roofing a backhander......nicely done Tommy boy

Edited by umpalumpa55

Plekanec was not named third star?

Inspired effort from Pleks. Hope some will follow. Now the Habs have tried it all. They kicked the coach and they rearanged the lines. Nothing worked.

Jose Theodore is not having a great season so far. Scratch him and call Yann Danis. And while at it also call some more rookies that wan't to compete.

And finaly. Trade. Just trade.

Who do you give the C to?

Souray or Rivet. They at least showed some emotion in the last two games and I suspect they have earned a bit of respect in the lockeroom. If not, they could probably kick the crap out of anyone else on the team... :)