Finally Joining Theo Bashers..

johnnyhasbeen

That is it, I ,like his team mates, am through supporting this guy. I loved him in the juniors and stood behind him while my friends said he would never be a number one. He bacome one and I siad, "Ha told you so". Now I agree that he is too smoll, too inconsistant, and disruptive. He has to go, the sooner the better.

Yes, he had no help in Vancouver, but I feel the team hung him out to make a statement. Move him now. Get a pick for him to create cap space. Sign another d-amn and forward. Play Huet/Danis, Danis gets hot, wins cup in rookie year as a call up.

If he gets traded now, we get nothing in return ... if we wait until closer to the trading deadline, we get good things in return.

I don't know if we should or shouldn't trade him, but I think this is the wrong time, and we won't get good value. Also, I think we are at the point where it is make or break. If we turn it around soon, the team could do well in the playoffs, but if they are just going to get eliminated in the first round, we should position ourselves better for next season, and get some good young players in return for Theo.

Or maybe everyone will kiss and make up over the pad incident, and Theo will return to very good (not great) goal tending.

Crystal Ball is murky!!!

If he gets traded now, we get nothing in return ... if we wait until closer to the trading deadline, we get good things in return.

I don't know if we should or shouldn't trade him, but I think this is the wrong time, and we won't get good value. Also, I think we are at the point where it is make or break. If we turn it around soon, the team could do well in the playoffs, but if they are just going to get eliminated in the first round, we should position ourselves better for next season, and get some good young players in return for Theo.

Or maybe everyone will kiss and make up over the pad incident, and Theo will return to very good (not great) goal tending.

Crystal Ball is murky!!!

Please trade him by March 9th...............................He's done!!!!!!!!!!! There is no form to regain. Hope we get a good player in return........

Huet and Danis may not be the answer but they're numbers will be better than Theo's this year.

Huet could take us to the 1st round of play-offs........

That is it, I ,like his team mates, am through supporting this guy. I loved him in the juniors and stood behind him while my friends said he would never be a number one. He bacome one and I siad, "Ha told you so". Now I agree that he is too smoll, too inconsistant, and disruptive. He has to go, the sooner the better.

Yes, he had no help in Vancouver, but I feel the team hung him out to make a statement. Move him now. Get a pick for him to create cap space. Sign another d-amn and forward. Play Huet/Danis, Danis gets hot, wins cup in rookie year as a call up.

Yeah thats it, they hung him out to make a statement.

well its taking them long enough to make it...what has it been a 2 month long statement?

do you honetly think that this team would be any better with Huet and Danis?

No they wouldnt be. and they are not going to get any better untill players start coming to play every night. I dont care if you put St Patrick between the pipes even he couldnt bail this team out. You are not going to win many games when you can only manage 15-20 shots per game. and your one of the lowest scoring teams in the game. But whatever ...lets blame Theo for that while we're at it cause it must be because the players are making a statement to him...

We shouldn't trade Theodore, because we'll get nothing back - especially with Kolzig and other high-profile goalies likely to be available. Better to start using Huet as our de facto #1 (all the while insisting that Theo is our number one goalie, positioning Huet as more a 1A type), then hope Theodore can recover his form next season. Since he has alternated good and bad seasons his entire career, this is not entirely a forlon hope. THEN try to trade him before his contract expires.

Then again, if a better goalie becomes available in the offseason, I'd try to sign him and then buy out Theo's massive contract. This would admittedly be an expensive strategy, but it would still be better than dumping him for marginal value in a trade and leaving the team without a bona fide #1 netminder. Otherwise put, it's too risky to dump Theo until we've got a sure-fire alternative in the bag.

I think Zednik and Ribeiro are the most likely to be dealt in the short term.

While i agree theo's value is next to bupkiss now.. his trade value WILL be worth more near da trading deadline. Until then, i say ######en bench him n play Huet in the hopes the players regain confidence in some1 back there; i'd even go as far as to tell theo to fake an injury n take some time off n recall Danis to see whats he got to offer... maybe Theo can regain some of his old form playing with lower caliber players in da AHL as a fake conditioning stint... or at least not look as bad as the trading deadline approaches. Theo's not the 1 who's gonna get us outta this mess, HE IS DA MESS!!! BG needs to be smart about this to dump him off without looking desperate.

... just my 0.02$

While i agree theo's value is next to bupkiss now.. his trade value WILL be worth more near da trading deadline. Until then, i say ######en bench him n play Huet in the hopes the players regain confidence in some1 back there; i'd even go as far as to tell theo to fake an injury n take some time off n recall Danis to see whats he got to offer... maybe Theo can regain some of his old form playing with lower caliber players in da AHL as a fake conditioning stint... or at least not look as bad as the trading deadline approaches. Theo's not the 1 who's gonna get us outta this mess, HE IS DA MESS!!! BG needs to be smart about this to dump him off without looking desperate.

... just my 0.02$

Fake an injury???? What is this the WWE?

Who cares!!! We are not going to make the playoffs period. Lets build for the future. Looks like we will be getting a top 10 draft pick this year...

Trade Teo for anything decent and just get rid of is huge contract. There are good UFA goalies this summer and lets sign one until Price is ready. With Theo gone, we would have $$$ to sign other UFA to help our D and offense.

The core of this team needs to be completely changed. Theo, Zednik, Ribs are the obvious guys that need to go...I even question resigning Koivu....

Ummmm, I'd have to think he wouldn't clear waivers, somebody would pick him up.

That's where his genius "fake-an-injury" scheme comes in.

The season is barely half-way done and we have a better record than a couple of the playoff ranked teams in the East. Why give up now?

Hate to break it to you people but Theodore ain't going no where.

Theodore has been the most solid goalie in nets since Roy. Last thing this team needs to is trade him and start having random inconsistant goalies in net like it was the case with Hackett, Moog, Fiset, Jablonski and so on.

Theodore might of have one bad night but you need to take into the account the HORRIBLE defense on this team. Huet is way over-hyped, both his wins against Ottawa came from games where everyone played damn good.

Huet is way over-hyped, both his wins against Ottawa came from games where everyone played damn good.

What's your point? Atleast the team plays for him.

:lol:

Hate to break it to you people but Theodore ain't going no where.

Theodore has been the most solid goalie in nets since Roy. Last thing this team needs to is trade him and start having random inconsistant goalies in net like it was the case with Hackett, Moog, Fiset, Jablonski and so on.

Theodore might of have one bad night but you need to take into the account the HORRIBLE defense on this team. Huet is way over-hyped, both his wins against Ottawa came from games where everyone played damn good.

One bad night????? HAHAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard all year

Sure...go tell me that to the three games he lost. Including the one where he got pulled out.

One bad night????? HAHAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard all year

I meant last night, I know he's had bad nights over the season, but guess what? So did Danis and Huet.

Huet is starting to sound like the new Garon...and oddly enough I haven't heard anyone bitch and moan about Garon recently, who's been playing awesome for the Kings.

edit: typo

edit2: more typos

Edited by Tony

Do you expect an undefeated season? How many games has Brodeur lost? Luongo? And now Kiprussoff?

Don't bother comparing Theodore to Brodeur and Luongo, those guys are quite above his skill level.

As far as a Kipper, Kipper is damn good and he has the second best defense in the league. Can't say the same about the Habs.

Don't bother comparing Theodore to Brodeur and Luongo, those guys are quite above his skill level.

As far as a Kipper, Kipper is damn good and he has the second best defense in the league. Can't say the same about the Habs.

I'm talking about Huet. You bashed him for losing 3 games.

I'm talking about Huet. You bashed him for losing 3 games.

My bad buddy, I'm not expecting an undefeated season from anyone.

As far as Huet goes, he shouldn't replace Theodore after every bad game, how else will Theodore regain his confidence? The way I see it, I hope Theodore gets the start against the Hurricanes. He has to get ride of his bad habits out of the way and start shinning. I don't see him doing that if Huet keeps getting placed in nets after every little screw up.

What makes you think they won't give up on Huet somewhere down the road like they have apparently done to Theo?

And what exactly would benching Theo do for his trade value in March? He's hardly playing up to expectations. If he was, there'd be no need for this debate. But given all shit being thrown at him this season, he's hardly smelling very well to other teams right now. The only way to improve his trade value is to play him. Of course, if you do that, you run the risk of him actually playing better, then you'll have people back on the wagon saying it's better to keep him now that he's rounded back into form.

The best Gainey could hope for if he traded Theo this week is a third-liner or a mid-round draft pick. Even if you packaged him with somebody, you're not going to get much more than a second-line player. If the playoffs were way out of reach, then that might be a deal to be made. But not now.

When did I say that I want Theodore traded this week and when did I say that I want to have Huet as our starter down then line? I said the boys have been playing for Huet. Stop making assumptions.

When did I say that I want Theodore traded this week and when did I say that I want to have Huet as our starter down then line? I said the boys have been playing for Huet. Stop making assumptions.

I didn't mean to imply that you wanted Huet as the Habs starting goalie. My bad if you did.

I didn't mean to imply that you wanted Huet as the Habs starting goalie. My bad if you did.

:) I'd better start quoting which post I'm referring to in this thread. I was talking to RobRock.