Finally Joining Theo Bashers..

johnnyhasbeen

What makes you think they won't give up on Huet somewhere down the road like they have apparently done to Theo?

And what exactly would benching Theo do for his trade value in March? He's hardly playing up to expectations. If he was, there'd be no need for this debate. But given all shit being thrown at him this season, he's hardly smelling very well to other teams right now. The only way to improve his trade value is to play him. Of course, if you do that, you run the risk of him actually playing better, then you'll have people back on the wagon saying it's better to keep him now that he's rounded back into form.

The best Gainey could hope for if he traded Theo this week is a third-liner or a mid-round draft pick. Even if you packaged him with somebody, you're not going to get much more than a second-line player. If the playoffs were way out of reach, then that might be a deal to be made. But not now.

I'm undecided whether or not to play theo because I agree with your assessment regarding increasing his value (not what his value is now)....The only issue i have with continuously playing him is that at this rate we're not going to make the playoffs, so the question becomes, make the playoffs or increase his value.....I know it's not so cut and dry I'm just explaining my reservations

Sometimes I hate Montreal fans.

What's wrong with you? The Montreal Canadiens 2006 is not better than this and it aint Jose Theodores fault!

The six defenceman that are playing every night is not good enough to bring a cup to Quebec.

The 12 forwards out there are not good enough either. The one and only position we're good enough is at goaltending. We have former Vezina and Hart winner Jose Theodore. We should know what he is capable of.

Just realize this and it will be a lot easier. It's a team sport and when the team is not functioning the first things that shows is goaltending.

Bring a first line winger to Montreal and the Habs are a contender. Bring a number one defenceman as well and Montreal is a powerhouse.

Here's what I think about Theodore. He came up as a hot young goalie and pulverized the league with his MVP season. BUT teams have now thoroughly studied him; they know his weaknesses and keep exploiting them. This is compounded by his apparent confusion over 'the new NHL" (which I find unexpected, since I thought his excellent footspeed would translate into success). Anyway, the question - still unanswered - is whether he'll be able to adjust and take his game to a new plateau, or not. It's not a matter of 'recovering his old form,' because opposing shooters have SOLVED that goalie.

Patrick Roy did it, mutating from a flopping, instinctual goalie to a very sound positional one. Felix Potvin didn't do it, and petered out after some stellar seasons in TO.

Can a new, improved José emerge, with different mechanics? Depends...

but it could take a while.

When Theo gets it all back together all the bashers will be back kissing his ass.

The key word is "when" and the answer is never.

Forget it, he is done in Mtl. Its becoming like Brisebois, there's no turning back...they will trade him before the trade deadline or this summer.

I've been bashing him for years...except is Hart year, is been nothing more then an above average goalie and this year is just the worst goalie...all 29 other #1 goalies in the league have better stats then him...enough said!!!

Sometimes I hate Montreal fans.

What's wrong with you? The Montreal Canadiens 2006 is not better than this and it aint Jose Theodores fault!

The six defenceman that are playing every night is not good enough to bring a cup to Quebec.

The 12 forwards out there are not good enough either. The one and only position we're good enough is at goaltending. We have former Vezina and Hart winner Jose Theodore. We should know what he is capable of.

Just realize this and it will be a lot easier. It's a team sport and when the team is not functioning the first things that shows is goaltending.

Bring a first line winger to Montreal and the Habs are a contender. Bring a number one defenceman as well and Montreal is a powerhouse.

Are you kidding me!!!

Its the same team as 2 years ago almost, but better in theory (Bonk, Kovalev, rookies, etc.). Why are they so much worse???? because of Theo plain and simple!!! We did not say that the team was a cup contender, but they are much better then this!!!!

Habs suck because Theo sucks!!! Its not Theo's fault :wacko: man get real!!!!

He can't even stop a beach ball right now. Your most paid player is suppose to be a game breaker....problem is that is literally breaking...breaking DOWN!!! A goalie paid 5.3M$ is suppose to steal games for you on a consistent basis and besides 1 or 2, I don't remember Theo stealing us any wins, in fact I remember him making us lose a dozen games!!!!

Man what a WASTE of money!!! Get rid of him, sign a more afordable goalie this summer and sign a top forward and D. Then we would be a contender!!!

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

Maybe a less extreme solution would be to give him some time off, or a 'conditioning' stint in the minors. Don't humiliate him, just take him out of the pressure cooker for a while.

:) I'd better start quoting which post I'm referring to in this thread. I was talking to RobRock.

The first question was only about what you said. The rest of it was about what I had read from the whole post. That's why I separated it.

Forget it, he is done in Mtl. Its becoming like Brisebois, there's no turning back...they will trade him before the trade deadline or this summer.

And just how bad is Breezeby doing? Has the pylon on skates been waived yet?

Is tonight's game a good enough answer!!!!

He sucks, just plain and simple. Aebischer looks damn good right now...wish we had made those rumoured trades to Colorado.

The funniest part about the first section of this quote is that i had to check the date to see which game you were talking about.....I think that is pretty much enough said.

Get rid of him soon, before it's too late....

For the people who say he's great and not a bad goalie, I simply and honestly ask if you have been watching games all season long.

Wondering how long this post will remain hot. My guess is as long as BG continues to humiliate this guy by giving him a chance to show his weakness, that being goaltending.

I hear that a couple members of th e Montreal Hell's Angels are in trouble with thier fellow bikers. It seems they were photographed with Theo at a golf tourny....

Wow.

Unless Theo shapes up against Philly, Ottawa, and Toronto.

The Fans will tear him apart on the 31st when they get home from this road trip.

I hope rivet, Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev, sundstrom, souray, komisarek etc..get torn apart as well cause they're just as much to blame and playing just as badly as Theodore.

I hope rivet, Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev, sundstrom, souray, komisarek etc..get torn apart as well cause they're just as much to blame and playing just as badly as Theodore.

No calm downs, is ever there was a time to bitch its now. There are three players I'd like to see hung from the rafters: Dandy Zednik and Theo. I think Dandenault was on for just about all 7 goals last night. Zednik skates like my grandpa and Theo is a daydreaming crybaby.

Lets a floater in on practically the first shot and then there was that 4th goal after the 5 on 3 where he put in about as much effort as a kid that packs his ball up and goes home after things haven't gone his way.

Get with it man, so what if dumb plays or refs cost us a goal, it was 3-1 we were still in the game until that bullshit lack of effort 4th goal.

Zednick should just be retired or traded if possible. He's had plenty of time and looks like he's in the wrong league.

Dandy isn't on the team in my books, just a guy hanging in the landscape. All we have to do is make it official.

No calm downs, is ever there was a time to bitch its now. There are three players I'd like to see hung from the rafters: Dandy Zednik and Theo. I think Dandenault was on for just about all 7 goals last night. Zednik skates like my grandpa and Theo is a daydreaming crybaby.

Lets a floater in on practically the first shot and then there was that 4th goal after the 5 on 3 where he put in about as much effort as a kid that packs his ball up and goes home after things haven't gone his way.

Get with it man, so what if dumb plays or refs cost us a goal, it was 3-1 we were still in the game until that bullshit lack of effort 4th goal.

Zednick should just be retired or traded if possible. He's had plenty of time and looks like he's in the wrong league.

Dandy isn't on the team in my books, just a guy hanging in the landscape. All we have to do is make it official.

I pretty much agree 100% with all the players you called out.