Fire Sale

habsfan_69

there are 5 players that have a ticket to ride and Im not saying who they are!!!

No matter

but block or no block if no one wants them trade them for draft pics no matter how low!

By the way Gainey Forget the playoffs Which I am sure he has ITS TEAM REBUILDING TIME BIG TIME!!! thats priority number one no matter if it takes the rest of the season! We'll gather the best of whats out there and fill the rest for now with rooks!

who knows maybe we might even get lucky!! and make to a one round BUT THAT HAS NOW officially been removed from this fans worries TEAM Rebuiding time!!! No matter what you guys maight think!

Honestly The game vs the Canucks has traumatized me! watching it with my own 4 eyes!

Im now forgetting who were playing and if we lose or win if were two or 20 points under the 8th spot DONT CARE!

Im gonna scan the net and this site ONLY for news of trades and dumbs or waivers and when satisfied with the teams composition?! then!!! I'll add my 2 cents about anything else!

Goodbye for now!

signing off

Edited by CoRvInA

The interesting part of these tear it down and rebuild ideas and threads is that in my opinion this team has a better chance of winning games, with many of the younger players getting full time spots instead of veterans.

Kosty, Zhogs, Plex, Higgins, Murray should be in the lineup most nights except for injuries. They are the future, especially I find Higgins and Plex to be most important at this point. They offer very sound defence more so than most of the vets while being able to contribute offensively again unlike the other half of the vets. They are the definition of TWO way players.

I think it's time to start dumping those vets, my list is as follows

- Theo

- Zednik

- Ribeiro

- Bonk (although he's been playing a bit better, but he has another year on his contract and that cap space may be valuable)

- Dandenault (i've never been a basher of his, but he's starting to get on my nerves he takes too many penalties while on the PK and hasn't contributed much at all. His 1.7 goes on for too many years, i would try and deal him now).

This would free up approximately 12 + Million of salary for next year. Add on the 3 Milion we have left in cap space, and the additional 4 million for the increase in the cap and we will have almost 20 Million in cap space.

The return for getting rid of these guys is not as important to me as freeing up the cap space, the only player on the list not under contract for next season is Ribs.

This is all my opinon and I think subtracitng those guys will make us no worse for the wear in terms of making the playoffs this year and will help us greatly down the road.

The list is a short one on who should be staying. This team does need a firing burning sale. The same players have been underacheiving for years.Accept theodore who is not playing well this year.

Keepers:

Markov no explanation necassary

Komisarek Young good size, would like to see him finish the year to see if he improves

All the Rookies

Kovalev great talent doesn't show up every night but the best talent in years for the habs

Bulis Works hard every shift

Begin

Bonk unfortunately his contract makes him untradable

So that's it, everyone else can go. This team needs to start over with the great rookie talent they have. In a few years, with good trades, good free agent pickups this team will be a consistant playoff team. The veterans have really done nothing in years. Time to go.

So that's it, everyone else can go. This team needs to start over with the great rookie talent they have. In a few years, with good trades, good free agent pickups this team will be a consistant playoff team. The veterans have really done nothing in years. Time to go.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your list.

The Habs have been rebuilding forever. We have sucked since 1994. Yes, some of our coaches and GMs have been really bad during that time but 12 years is a long time!

How long will it take to rebuild starting from 0?

20 years?

I am pissed about the whole thing but my gut tells me Gainey will do nothing till the summer. Then he will look for UFAs (who won't want to come here because the team sucks so bad), he will try and trade but who wants our garbage?

I think your right in some aspects, but i think Gainey will try to move the players that are unrestricted, atleast you'll get something back. This rebuilding phase for the habs actually has direction, the habs have good young talent that can play in the NHL, accept the Defense where the habs have no stand out prospects. That's another reason why i'll think he'll make some moves, i do think the vets are in trouble, i would be shocked if a handfull of vets did not get moved.

Is everybody ready for reconstruction??

I'm sure part of the our plroblems is that the habs always refused to rebuild.

they say we have to start with a good goalie: we have price.

then you start with good D Men and after you bring fowards.

in kostitsyn, chipchura, higgins, plekanec, perezhogin and latendresse, we have a good core of fowards.

by doing a fire sale, we'd be able, in the next 2-3 years, to bring solid D.

i'm sure in four years we'd be out of the slumps and back stronger than ever.

but for now, we need to sell theodore, koivu, zednik, bonk...

I would be sad if Koivu got traded. Although he has been nothing more than awful the past few game's he does have heart and a passion for the game that can rarely be matched. It is Bob's job to reenergize his captain and thus his captain must do the same for his team.

Sheesh every year same old thing- what is it with this team-the only people I wouldnt trade are Markov Rivet Souray Ryder Kotsy Perezhogin Higgins

the rest let me discuss

Kovalev- looks like he has a great game in him every 10

Koivu- washed up?

Zednik- is it over? no umph to his game all year

Bulis- one inconsistent player has legs though

Ribeiro- like Kovalev every 10 games he has a good one

Sundstrom- weak smart player

Begin- showing his lack of skills

Bonk- played better than most people think but still no scoring punch

Theo- forget it- he may be a disaster at his salary what amess with a salary cap- think bob can force him to retire?

Dandenault- a major disappointment weak in front of net makes a few rushes every game not much else has weak shot

Bouillon- lack of size is becoming apparent and many unforced errors

Plekanec- good player but no size

did I forget anyone let me know

Edited by Strummerman

My list of players who must GO:

Theo: i'd send him in da minors if it was possible untill he brings back his worth for a trade (conditioning stint in AHL?)

Ribs: Probly our only asset we CAN trade.

Vagenais: Completing da list of da 3 amigos who think they were all stars.

Zed: He's been here too long and doesnt wanna work nomore.

Bonk: Even as a "defensive forward" he sucks ASS!!!

Sundstrom: Another washed up "defensive forward"

Dandenault: ###### man.. i thought this guy would bring in some much needed offense but NADA n he's taking too many dumb penalties!

This team needs a huge shake up.. bringing in goons, while we ARE VERY FRUSTRATED.. it wont help our lazy assed players pick it up.

I cant wait to hear about a deal.. ANYTHING dat says theo is far far away from the CH.. PLZ GOD TAKE HIM AWAY NOW!!!

My list of players who must GO:

Dandenault: ###### man.. i thought this guy would bring in some much needed offense but NADA n he's taking too many dumb penalties!

Dandenault never provided much offence in Detroit, what made you think he'd start here?

Dandenault is a more defensive D-man. Also Gretzky said that Sundstrom was one of the most smartest players he's ever played with. I like Sunny although he couldn't score if you let him shoot into a 500 foot wide net, but hey, he is an asset defensively and on the PK.

maybe gretzky would love to have sunny with him

that guy could be placed on waivers right now and nobody would notice

I disagree weak teams on the pk would pick him up in an instant.

Very true. I think, unlike most fans, GM's and coaches appreciate smart, defensive minded forwards.

Is Sundstrom one dimensional? Pretty much, but if a player is going to be one dimensional, I think it is better that the defensive side of their game be the strongest, and Sunny knows his role and plays it without complaint (obviously this is speculation but he seems to be a "coaches player").

higgins when healthy can do the pk with begin, our second unit is koivu and kovi.

somtimes they put dandy in front with two d men.

that's why I think sundstrom is expendable.

anyway, they're tons of players in the NHL that can do what sunny does and can bring us extra weight and grit.

Sheesh every year same old thing- what is it with this team-the only people I wouldnt trade are Markov Rivet Souray Ryder Kotsy Perezhogin Higgins

the rest let me discuss

Kovalev- looks like he has a great game in him every 10

Koivu- washed up?

Zednik- is it over? no umph to his game all year

Bulis- one inconsistent player has legs though

Ribeiro- like Kovalev every 10 games he has a good one

Sundstrom- weak smart player

Begin- showing his lack of skills

Bonk- played better than most people think but still no scoring punch

Theo- forget it- he may be a disaster at his salary what amess with a salary cap- think bob can force him to retire?

Dandenault- a major disappointment weak in front of net makes a few rushes every game not much else has weak shot

Bouillon- lack of size is becoming apparent and many unforced errors

Plekanec- good player but no size

did I forget anyone let me know

Yeah I forgot Komisarek- another major disappointment- the guy can't hit has very little power- not as big as I thought he was, his speed is poor- powerful bodychecks come form the leg strength and Komi seems to lack it

Yeah I forgot Komisarek- another major disappointment- the guy can't hit has very little power- not as big as I thought he was, his speed is poor- powerful bodychecks come form the leg strength and Komi seems to lack it

How can youu say Bulis is inconsistent? He's our most consistent player in a while. I suppose you mean his scoring is inconsistent. Considering he isn't a scorer - who cares?

Bouillon's lack of size is beginning to get apparent. He's the best hitter on the team. In what was is it getting apparent.

Plekanec is our best center in the system. He's a star. He works hard. He's talented. He's fast. And you'll trade him because he's only average height. Size isn't THAT important in hockey. When you have a gem, you stick to him, whether he's an epileptic or a midget. If you want size, keep Bonk. Speaking of Bonk, he was brought in as a checker so his scoring punch comes second. Everyone has a different role on the team. It's not that everyone is meant to be a scorer and whoever isn't good enough resorts to defence.

Kovalev is very inconsistent but he has so much skill that we can't lose him until we atleast have a strong first line RW ready to kick him off (and that'll be in a while). We want a better first line but Koivu is only average so our only "superstar" is Kovalev. We need him for now but I have to say that I'm also disappointed with his lack of effort. I really hope Gainey makes some changes this offseason, or better yet this season. Maybe 1-2 trades. Exchaging the whole team would be tanking it.

How can youu say Bulis is inconsistent? He's our most consistent player in a while. I suppose you mean his scoring is inconsistent. Considering he isn't a scorer - who cares?

Bouillon's lack of size is beginning to get apparent. He's the best hitter on the team. In what was is it getting apparent.

Plekanec is our best center in the system. He's a star. He works hard. He's talented. He's fast. And you'll trade him because he's only average height. Size isn't THAT important in hockey. When you have a gem, you stick to him, whether he's an epileptic or a midget. If you want size, keep Bonk. Speaking of Bonk, he was brought in as a checker so his scoring punch comes second. Everyone has a different role on the team. It's not that everyone is meant to be a scorer and whoever isn't good enough resorts to defence.

Kovalev is very inconsistent but he has so much skill that we can't lose him until we atleast have a strong first line RW ready to kick him off (and that'll be in a while). We want a better first line but Koivu is only average so our only "superstar" is Kovalev. We need him for now but I have to say that I'm also disappointed with his lack of effort. I really hope Gainey makes some changes this offseason, or better yet this season. Maybe 1-2 trades. Exchaging the whole team would be tanking it.

Well your timing is pretty good considering Bulis just scored 4 goals. However, Bulis almost being scratched tonight means he may be on the trading block.

However, ignoring what happened tonight Bulis is very inconsistent. Some games he is invisible.

Plekanec has some good natural talent but I mean look how big he is. I mean do we need a smaller Koivu as our star for the next 10 years.

Bouillon's lack of size is apparent in that he cant defend against the likes of Staal or Sundin etc etc. He is also making a lot of unforced errors.

What your saying about Kovalev I agree with. I started thinking he had many good games in a row at the start of the year. I dont know if his knee surgery has limited his stamina. This may be a lost year for Kovy.

I said Bonk has been playing better than he has been given credit for. However, one goal doesnt cut it even as a defensive forward.

Bouillon, besides Markov, is the only consistent performer we have in the back. He makes smart passes, can carry the puck and has delivered the best hits of any Habs blueliner this year. And check out who he is paired with out there. There has been little support for him on right defense.

Bulis, invisible? He is one of the few I notice most nights because of his speed and effort. He gets himself into good positions to score most nights. He has had some trouble finishing of course but that will come around, a question of confidence and luck.

Bonk, now apparently healthy, is doing what Gainey wants him to do. Sundstrom, another Gainey favourite, should be moved IMO, I think we have the youngsters who could fill that role easily.(Higgins, Plekanec maybe even Murray or Downey) But Gainey likes that veteran steady player on his team, personally I'd prefer Sundstrom go elsewhere, he plays well positionally but he is just so soft.

Ribiero is taking up valuable space on this team right now, we have so many potential Centres. If he wasn't a homegrown boy I think he would be scratched more often, I really can't explain his presence in the lineup other than his occasional performances on the PP. Slow and soft Ribs should sit for a while to allow Bulis, Higgins or Plekanec get time at centre even on the 4th line.