So Trade Me

JLP

Think about it -- you're traded, so you move. Someone finds you a new place to live (a nice place, you are a multi-millionaire!). The weather will be better than Montréal, the taxes will be lower and some snaggle-toothed jerk is not going to scream at you when you walk down The Main.

About being benched -- well, you sit around, still get paid just like you were out there busting your ass. And the pressbox? They got nachos there, right?

Seems Habs players don't give a hell about what might happen to them if they slack. Coach will yell at them, yeah, ok, that's not pleasant I guess. Does Gainey use breath mints?

One thing that could save this bunch is esprit de corps, do the Habs have any of that going on? How to build some?

yeah... perhaps... but if you play bad, you screw your next contract...

Exactly -- if that's the only motivation, the "next contract," then Théo can slack off now because he's signed for three years. I just wonder if players give a damn if they are benched or traded.

It's unnatural that they still get paid whether they work or not. I think it's too bad the new CBA basically did away with performance bonuses.

If Defense of Theodore, and thats really taking my life in my hands on this site, I don't think its a matter of him trying hard. He is just flat out struggling and while he has definitley given up some bad goals, he and Huet have just been completley let down by their defence. ITs been brutal. Guys are all alone in front with easy rebounds and wide open nets.

If you saw that shot of him in the hallway after getting yanked from the Vancouver game, he was bent over almost puking, because he felt so bad. This guy has alot of heart, which is more to say than most of the team lately and he's struggling and he feels bad, and I'm sure he's trying to work his way out of it.

THis team has bigger issues that Theodore. THis team needs a major shakeup, and I'm not at all sure Gainey is the one to do it. He's made one decent move...the trade for Kovalev and 1 really boneheaded moved, the Garon for Bonk deal. So far, Gainey ain't looking so good. He needs a miracle and fast.

I agree. Although another good move he made was to trade up in the draft to get Latendresse, which if I am correct was the Ranger's pick.

But I agree with all of the comments so far. This is sad. Gainey DID in fact lead Dallas but I am not a fan of his patientness when your getting owned every single game.

One last thing, I know that every team has a losing streak and I've said it before that Montreal's is just coming now, but it is beginning to scare me because I think it is going on for too long.

Please Gainey...Make a deal and play the rooks! We have enough depth! Believe in the rookies! You saw Plekky tonight!

Edited by habsfan88

If Defense of Theodore, and thats really taking my life in my hands on this site, I don't think its a matter of him trying hard. He is just flat out struggling and while he has definitley given up some bad goals, he and Huet have just been completley let down by their defence. ITs been brutal.

Yeah kaos, I was just using Théo as an example to be honest -- it just occurred to me that the worst thing that can happen is a player gets benched or traded, and I thought -- hey, what's so bad about that? You still get paid! I'm a freelancer, if I don't work I don't get paid. If I do work but do a shitty job then eventually I don't get any more commissions.

What do you think about performance bonuses, although that is a moot point now with the new CBA...

[.

What do you think about performance bonuses, although that is a moot point now with the new CBA...

I am a fan of bonus's up to a certain point. I believer they are good for some players who coast and maybe it motivates them to try a bit harder and dig a littler deeper. But I also think it works the other way and makes players loaners who just try to pad there stats and get away from the team game. I think the ultimate performance bonus would be based on wins. The more wins the team gets, the more money the players make, which promotes the team concept.

So I guess I sit on the fence with the performance bonus issue.

[.

I think the ultimate performance bonus would be based on wins. The more wins the team gets, the more money the players make, which promotes the team concept.

Agreed

Maybe GeorgeG should take all the Habs out to Dagwoods for big bowls of Babino chili if they win. Sorry, I mean if they lose.

YEah this team is in a big shitty hole and hopefully has bottomed out, but it looks to get worse with games against Philidelphia, Ottawa, Toronto and Carolina again coming up. Although a big win against 1 or 2 of them could help turn things around.

If Defense of Theodore, and thats really taking my life in my hands on this site, I don't think its a matter of him trying hard. He is just flat out struggling and while he has definitley given up some bad goals, he and Huet have just been completley let down by their defence. ITs been brutal. Guys are all alone in front with easy rebounds and wide open nets.

If you saw that shot of him in the hallway after getting yanked from the Vancouver game, he was bent over almost puking, because he felt so bad. This guy has alot of heart, which is more to say than most of the team lately and he's struggling and he feels bad, and I'm sure he's trying to work his way out of it.

THis team has bigger issues that Theodore. THis team needs a major shakeup, and I'm not at all sure Gainey is the one to do it. He's made one decent move...the trade for Kovalev and 1 really boneheaded moved, the Garon for Bonk deal. So far, Gainey ain't looking so good. He needs a miracle and fast.

Absolutely right kaos.....all u theo bashers go to Toronto cuz we dont want u here.......Just think about it....if theodore makes one bad play...the puck goes in the net and he is blamed.....on the other hand.....if one forward gives up the puck, and both the defence get beaten or out hustled and the puck goes in....theodore is blamed again...which is what happened in the past 2 games.......the whole team is hangin him out to dry and that is unacceptable...they should be rallying around him...when he struggles ...the team should be helping him pick up the slack...both those games i felt that most of the goals allowed on him were either shots that were screened by habs defenders standing on their heels with their thumb in their butts, or tic tac toe passing playes or scrambles where no habs takes their man......its actually pretty funny to watch the highliights......there are like 3 or 4 habs just standing in front of the net and watching the puck go back and forth, between their legs...around their backs ...then into the net....just put a few foldout chairs and get them some popcorn so they can enjoy the show just as much as we do!!!!!! :angry:

There is no question that Theo is way off his game and struggling. He has no confidence at all. He is back in his net, down on this knees, and tentative.

While this frustrates the crap out of me, I am very dismayed at the play of this team. They should be rallying around Theo, blocking shots, bailing him out, and scoring so that he can work his way back. Instead, they have been worse. Do these guys not remember the last few years when Theo SAVED THEIR BUTTS most nights? Right now, he needs their help, and he is not getting it.

I would not be surprised if Theo gets traded, gets his game back, and everyone will be on here complaining how we lost him for nothing. I remember a time people thought Toronto was absolutely nuts for getting that drunken, lousy Belfour guy. He then played awesome for Toronto (until this year).

I still believe this team needs a better defense corps and some upgrades up front, but they are not this bad. They should be able to make the playoffs and go a round or two if they played to their potential. They were a fast team at the start of the season, but they seem to have forgotten that fast teams are hard working teams. They have to get back to that hard work.

I, for one would like to see another player named captain.

under koivu, we went through how many coaches and we never, ever passed the second round.

I think a guy like rivet should be in charge but in order to be effective, koivu has to go.

another stupid move: zednik an assistant....come on..the worst player in the team, along with bonk

Come on, guys! I think the Bonk bashers are much worse than the Theo bashers because Bonk is playing great. One of our 5 best players of January. SInce he came back, he's been great. Before that he was injured. That's my argument. Don't say he's the worst player on the team because the only time we've seen him play healthy, he's performed.

for what he should bring us, he's underacheiving but that don't mean he's a bad player, he's just not that good, thats all.

I was one of the few who thought that bonk was actually a good move. but now I'm proven wrong...

for what he should bring us, he's underacheiving but that don't mean he's a bad player, he's just not that good, thats all.

I was one of the few who thought that bonk was actually a good move. but now I'm proven wrong...

Bonks play has improved a great deal in the last few games. Lets not forget this guy was hurting for quite awhile.

Yea, why is everyone only blaming onmly 2 players for the problems, All you here is Bonk stinks and Theo needs to go. There are about 14 players every night who stink up the place alot more then those 2, Kovalev, Koivu lately, Zednick, The D, Ribiero, etc. Begin not playing hard as of late.

You can't fire 30 players, but you can fire 2 coaches, as Rick Green and Claude Julien found out the hard way.

So yeah, the entire team's been bad as of late. Bulis redeemed himself from the doghouse with that fourgoal masterpiece, but when will the others wake up? We can't really expect Jan to score four goals each game. Heck, it's not even likely at this rate that Kovalev will notch 25 the entire year. The two highest paid players on the team - I'm looking at you, Kovalev..and of course Theodore, have got to show why they're being paid the big bucks.