Hockey Trivia

BTH

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...What two players hold the record for most overtime playoff goals?

I know in career overtime points, Steve Thomas is up there.

I don't think he did as well in the playoffs though. Lemieux was also high up on the list and he got a few good shots in the playoffs. My guess is Lemieux but I'm sure Gretzky is a very possible alternative.

Well, since no one has tried an answer, I'll take a shot in the dark here...Not sure if you mean combined or that they had the same amount...

Same Amount - 17

Combined - Uhh...39

funny- i should have asked the question differently- anyways the answer is one Beliveau and Orr only scored one overtime goal in their career-but what do the 2 goals have in common?

Edited by Strummerman

17 + 17 is 34

What are you talking about with 39?

funny- i should have asked the question differently- anyways the answer is one Beliveau and Orr only scored one overtime goal in their career-but what do the 2 goals have in common?

Both of them won a Stanley Cup.

Sorry, that's not it. But Lemieux did score about 40+ goals with NJ. Only one season though. We're looking for a player who had multiple 50-goals seasons soon after getting traded.

Anyone else?

Richer???

Finally, I get to ask my question!!!

Three NHL Hall-of-Famers have the same middle name. All 3 have played with eachother at some point in their careers. All 3 have won a Stanley Cup with atleast one of the other 2. Hint: Alexei Kovalev played with 2 of them. Who are the players and what is their middle name?

You're on the right track. One of those 3 was right. But you were only 1 for 3. You need all 3 together in 1 post with no other names.

Ooh.. damn internet, giving away the answers to all my questions! (But I got my question FROM the internet so I guess that evens it out.)

I think both of them has changed their nationality from Czechs to Canadians?

Or is Holik a USA citizen?

Edit*

If it wasn't Holik it could have been Petr Statsny? Must have been in the early 80's?

Stan Mikita never played for Czech Republic?

Edited by ch_nl

American would be more likely. I don't think either of them have ever played/lived in Canada and if they have and have become Canadian citizens then I don't think they ever played for Team Canada.

Nedved played for Canada in 1994 olympics when Forberg beat Corey Hirsch with that magic shotout goal. Tommy Salo saved Paul Karyias last atempt and Sweden won the gold medal.

Im pretty sure Petr Nedved played with Team Canada. More unsure about Holik tough... Did he aplied for citizenship but then got denied to play in the world championships? I think that IOC and IIHF have different rules?

And the more I think about it the more sure I am that it was US citizenship that Holik searched.

Remember Ulf Samuelsson in Nagano? He was sent home as he had dual citizenship, US and Swedish.

So the answer is Statsny and Nedved.

Petr Nedved has lived in Canada. At least he played in Canada. Vancouver if Im not misstaken.