Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Maple Leafs | 01/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!!! That means that Plekanec is moved to another line and I want him as our 2nd center because that's where he will be next year...no way Ribs is back next year. Bob will drop him for anything this summer if not before.

Ribs is nothing more then a heartless bum who deserves to be sitting in the stands!!! As long as we him as our 2nd line center this team will have no 2nd line...

Ribs as a poor quality shot, he's weak and easy to push off the puck, doesn't play with toughness, can't win a faceoff, is lousy defensively...need I say more...this guy is not part of this teams future, so lets stop wasting time and giving him a zillionth chance that he doesn't deserve.

Agreed. I think BG may have seen this coming by signing him to a single year contract. Too bad he didn't do the same with Bonk.

No way!!! That means that Plekanec is moved to another line and I want him as our 2nd center because that's where he will be next year...no way Ribs is back next year. Bob will drop him for anything this summer if not before.

Ribs is nothing more then a heartless bum who deserves to be sitting in the stands!!! As long as we him as our 2nd line center this team will have no 2nd line...

Ribs as a poor quality shot, he's weak and easy to push off the puck, doesn't play with toughness, can't win a faceoff, is lousy defensively...need I say more...this guy is not part of this teams future, so lets stop wasting time and giving him a zillionth chance that he doesn't deserve.

Facts are facts. Ribs has way more points then Pleks. The habs offense is really bad now and Pleks is on the 2nd line, getting a ton of time. I like him, but I have not seen him doing much.

I also don't think Pleks is going to be a number 2 center in this league. Personally, I think he is going to take Bonk's job. If Ribs gets replaced (and I agree he probably will), I hope it is for a much more proven, offensive player.

yuck

######, can't fault theodore on that one, he played that as well as he could. The defense was doing nothing there to help him out....

come on nhfarber... get a pair of glasses - they did what they could - it was only one second left in the 5 on 3... :blink:

Edited by shortcat1

Yah I agree, they should only call it when its absolutely deliberate. Souray just turned and shot to clear the zone, he didn't try and get it over the glass. Its brutal...

I hate that puck over glass rule

actually I wear glasses, the defenseman were collapsing their 'triangle' to fast, it was allowing the leafs forwards to penetrate the zone and put much more pressure on theodore. If the D-men held their ground better they wouldn't have been able to get 3 games hovering over the net.

come on nhfarber... get a pair of glasses - they did what they could - it was only one second left in the 5 on 3... :blink:

QUOTE(brboo @ Jan 28 2006, 07:29 PM)

I hate that puck over glass rule

it happens to all teams

I would change the lines right now.

I would put Begin back to center the fourth line, move Ribs up to center the 2nd, and put Pleks on his wing.

Right now Ribs is useless and just makes the 4th line less tough.

I would change the lines right now.

I would put Begin back to center the fourth line, move Ribs up to center the 2nd, and put Pleks on his wing.

Right now Ribs is useless and just makes the 4th line less tough.

Well, I am not a total moron, ribs and pleks are now on the 2nd line together. I also like that because Pleks can take the draws.

The habs look awful again. What the hell is wrong with this team seriously? When things are going this badly the best idea would probably be just to shoot pucks on the net, just take some shots, good things will happen, chances will be created... Its better then playing like crap and getting 4 shots and 0 goals each period. isnt it?

Btw: About time Zednik was a healthy scratch.

in the last few games I actually believe ribs has played a lot better and if he keeps it up he'll be moving up

I sure hope so. The first and second lines have to start scoring soon, or it won't matter who is in net.