Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Maple Leafs | 01/28/06

Spider-Man NL

I don't want to be over-dramatic about it, but i think i would have cried myself to sleep if we had of lost that game. The team had become such an embarassment that we just HAD to beat the leafs. Now that we have beaten them, i am back to being optimistic that we can pull ourselves into a playoff position. Everyone is saying how this game was more than just another game in an 82 game sked, and i believe it. If we had of lost we might have been done...

Would have liked for us to be a little more fired up after the embarassment in Ottawa, but i'll take the two points no matter how we get it at this point.

:ghg:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THeo did play MUCH better tonight...He was much more confident and made several nice plays.

Koivu looked like his old self and he and Kovalev finally seemed to be getting on the same page.

Still no fight for Downey.

The turning point of the habs season will be the hug that Koivu and Kovalev had after Captain K scored the overtime winner. Finally some emotion, some comradery. That will carry us into the playoffs.

Team played much better tonight, Let's hope this carries over at home on Tuesday against the Hurricanes.

And also, Bulis the Scoring machine, cashes in again.

Ivanans, Ivanans Yeah baby... he was the reason why Kovalev scored and Koivu. For the first time the first line isn't intimidated. He silenced Antropov and Domi was scared off by Downey. Begin could hit at will and drew three Leaf penalties. Some of them leading to goals.

When Ivanans is in the line up the other team plays worse and we win. Muscle counts end of story.

Ivanans, Ivanans Yeah baby... he was the reason why Kovalev scored and Koivu. For the first time the first line isn't intimidated. He silenced Antropov and Domi was scared off by Downey. Begin could hit at will and drew three Leaf penalties. Some of them leading to goals.

When Ivanans is in the line up the other team plays worse and we win. Muscle counts end of story.

A great win... at this point any win is a great win, right Trizzak? :D

I had to listen to the Laughs broadcast because NHL.com put it on twice and left out the CJAD one on he archive. They weren't bad, not nearly so homer as CBC is for toronto.

The only thing better would have been a regulation win and Ivanans or Downey mopping the ice with Tie Dummy :hockey:

Could someone please post the lines that were used for the Habs last night?

Defence and Forwards please!!!

21 11 27

35 22 73

38 14 37

47 71 3

44 52

51 25

64 8

I was glad the boys picked up Theodore after that third goal. It was a rocket from the top of the circle, but the 2004/2005 Jose would have stopped it.

The McDonalds caravan-team Danone José? ;)

Good game, guys.

We now hold the 8th and final playoff spot in the East. We are 6 points behind the seventh seed NJ but have 3 games in hand. Now's the time to start winning.

I was at the game, platinum seats. Stood right outside the habs's dressing room and watched as they all walked by, and my seats were amazing. What a great experience, I was also on TV.

Grreat game, Bouillon with an amazing hit at the start of the game. The Jumbotron humiliated Ribeiro before the puck dropped as it said "Ribeiro's new haircut" and then it showed Ribs with his mohawk and the whole ACC laughed...well not the whole ACC because there were alot of habs fans.

GO HABS GO

I was at the game, platinum seats. Stood right outside the habs's dressing room and watched as they all walked by, and my seats were amazing. What a great experience, I was also on TV.

Grreat game, Bouillon with an amazing hit at the start of the game. The Jumbotron humiliated Ribeiro before the puck dropped as it said "Ribeiro's new haircut" and then it showed Ribs with his mohawk and the whole ACC laughed...well not the whole ACC because there were alot of habs fans.

GO HABS GO

Pretty boy got a mohawk?

21 11 27

35 22 73

38 14 37

47 71 3

44 52

51 25

64 8

The McDonalds caravan-team Danone José? ;)

They started that way, but in the 2nd ribs moved back to the second line and begin moved back to the 4th line. Both lines looked better after that.

The turning point of the habs season will be the hug that Koivu and Kovalev had after Captain K scored the overtime winner. Finally some emotion, some comradery. That will carry us into the playoffs.

The turning point is a hug? I guess if they kiss, we'll win the Cup! :P

It really stems from them seeing brokeback mountain last week, but hey, Bob knows how to push the right buttons

I know I saw it with them! still feel the love!!

Anyone listen to the game on CBC. THe guy who does the colour commentary is getting alzheimers or something. In a game last week he said that Dandenault of the Red Wings, and last night he said that Hasek of the Sabres blanked the Habs, and then he called a spot during the show a Gillet spot, when the advertiser was clearly Duracell. Don't know what is going on with the guy, but if I were his boss I'd be pissed.

Could someone post the lines for tonight??

JMMR (and anyone else who might be interested):

You should check out my web site. It uses the NHL.com shift charts to keep track of the lines used by the Habs for each game and for the season as a whole. It is updated automatically after each game, as soon as the score is listed as being a final score on NHL.com (usually about 5-10 minutes after the game ends).

http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs

Hope you find this useful.

Anyone listen to the game on CBC. THe guy who does the colour commentary is getting alzheimers or something. In a game last week he said that Dandenault of the Red Wings, and last night he said that Hasek of the Sabres blanked the Habs, and then he called a spot during the show a Gillet spot, when the advertiser was clearly Duracell. Don't know what is going on with the guy, but if I were his boss I'd be pissed.

Not only that, but they blew two other calls completely. They said Rivet's slashing penalty happened away from the play, when in fact it happened with the puck about three feet in front of him, after he lost the puck at his blueline. And when the Habs shot the puck out of play, they called it as going off a Leafs stick, when in actual fact it went off the top of the glass. They couldn't even get it right when they showed the slo-mo replay.

God, if CBC ever decides to show Habs games again, I hope to hell we get Jim Hughson to do them. But by that time, he'll probably be retired.

very interesting from gazette

"Gainey benched Richard Zednik for the game in Toronto and replaced him on the top line with rookie Christopher Higgins. Gainey said he looked to the youngster to provide the line with some stability."

I read this to mean that Higgins has at least temporarily won the first line LW spot. Where does this leave Zed?

very interesting from gazette

"Gainey benched Richard Zednik for the game in Toronto and replaced him on the top line with rookie Christopher Higgins. Gainey said he looked to the youngster to provide the line with some stability."

I read this to mean that Higgins has at least temporarily won the first line LW spot. Where does this leave Zed?

Hopefully still benched in the crowd. Not to be an ingrate to his past feats but Zed has consistantly been the worst Habs forward for the past slump. It looks like he wants to be traded or just doesn't have anything left in the tank.

Higgins hasn't exactly been dazzling either though