Game Thread | Hurricanes Vs. Canadiens | 01/31/06

Spider-Man NL

carolina200.gifvssmall2.gifmontreal200.gif

carolina50.gif36-11-4 : 76 Points (1st in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif23-20-6 : 52 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2443.gif# 29 Martin Gerber (25-8-2), 2.71 GAAcarolina50.gif

montreal50.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (17-14-5), 3.36 GAA 0198.gif

Hurricanes Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Begin - Ribeiro - Downey

d.jpg

Souray - Komisarek

Cote - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Jose Theodore

</P>

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 31st, 2005:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif5

Jan. 23rd, 2006:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif7

ZednikCar.jpg

PlekCar.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to throw some weight around.

A good performance from our goalie,

a good ol' 3-2 Montréal win,

the lines at yesterdays practice:

71 11 27

21 35 73

37 38 20

3 22 47

/14

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Bonk is apparently not playing. Zednik is apparently in. Who knows though, cause last time someone was supposed to not play a game, he scored 4 goals. Also, Perez has been called up. Additionally, Ribiero practiced on Koivu's wing with Kovalev. What does all this mean?

Ribs - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Zednik/Bonk - Bulis - Sundstrom

Ivanans - Begin - Downey

Perhaps Perez replaces Downie or Ivanans? Maybe he's here in case a trade goes down? I don't know...I don't know. This may be one of the more interesting line juggles I've seen yet though. Ribs...top line...WING...

I'm shocked.

I dont care what Bob does at this point. I just hope something will work. Maybe converting Ribs to the wing is the way to go... you know...showcase his two-way versatility :P

Should be an interesting game tonight, especially with Dougie in the lineup for the natural disasters.

I'm hoping that Zhogs gets in on the top line and we can sit down the terrible twosome of Bonk and Zednik (and hopefully make a trade)

Zhogs Koivu Kovalev

Higgins Plex Ryder

Bulis Ribeiro Sundstrom

Ivanans Begin Downey

Those would be my lines for the evening. I think that Bulis will do well with Ribs feeding him the puck and Ribs coudl use Sunny there to back up his defensive deficencies.

GO HABS GO - I'm pumped about this one, should be exciting, the first game back home after a long road trip. It's a "double Large Pizza" game toinght, that's second in importance only to the double XL.

GO HABS GO

Edited by gohabsgo252006

Fearless prediction-If BIGMAN plays we will win. I heard an interview on TEAM990 yesterday and Downey was saying with Ivanans in the lineup even he feels more confident(and Downey is supposedly a "tough guy".He went on to say if he felt "bigger" just imagine how Ribs would feel! Put Ivan out there and tell him to hit everything that moves

I dont care what Bob does at this point. I just hope something will work. Maybe converting Ribs to the wing is the way to go... you know...showcase his two-way versatility :P

I guess your smiley means you're being sarcastic... but the irony is that Ribs actually played a solid 2-way game against Toronto. He was often the first forward backchecking, he was constant on the forecheck and he was finishing his checks. Of course because of his small frame and lack of speed it doesnt create much, but at least he's not a tourist out there anymore. Now if he can keep that part of his game up to par, and start putting some points up, he'll be back in Gainey's good favors.

Say whatever you want about Ribs -- I'm not his biggest fan either -- but as far as I can remember (back in juniors), Ribs always answered criticism by improving. At first it was his nonchalance and he got more serious, getting a wife and kid. Then it was his lack of speed and he improved on it. Then it was his physical weakness and he got tougher. Then it was his lack of consistence and he stepped up as center #1 when Koivu was down and led the team in points.

Of course, it doesnt mean Ribs doesnt still need to check his attitude, isnt still on the slow and weak side and inconsistent at times; but there's a positive trend of improvement when challenged.

I think Ribs' challenge right now is to not become a defensive liability if he's not getting points. If he can become more responsible and intense without the puck, he become the type of player a team can keep in its lineup through slumps and not suffer from it.

I'd wait and see if Ribs can achieve that -- and I think he will, with Gainey and Carbo keeping him on a tight leach -- then I'll start thinking weither or not he fits on the team or should be traded. Maybe he'll still be a trade bait, but at least his value will much more interesting then. Unlike Zednik, Ribs is still not at the age where you expect players to peak, so there's still room for patience.

Hey.....

Just a little pre-game bullshit.......

Did rebeiro really get a mohawk......sorry but I think that's cool....He will do well tonight if he gets a chance on 1st or 2nd line.

Nice to see the cocky sens get blown out even if it was by boston....I wish it was by the habs....

And what's up with emery and naked black men on his mask? ...........yuk

The Canes will be gassed, stoked and ready to go, filled with excitement over the arrival of Weight. The Habs will be playing the dreaded first game back from a road trip.

As C3P0 might say: WE'RE DOOMED. :puke:

5-2, Canes.

Bonkers scratched,

Perezhogin playing with Plex and Ryder...Zed on the third line, Ribs on the fourth..according to RDS.

Exactly Right. WEight will not be playing for the Hurricanes too. So the lines will look like this at least to start with.

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Zhogs Plex Ryder

Zednik Bulis Sunny

Ribeiro Begin Downey

NOt happy about not having Ivanans in the lineup, but I guess the Hurricanes don't have much in terms of fighting and hopefully we will finally see Downey drop the gloves.