Zednik Asking To Be Traded?

KoZed

Zednik asked to meet Gainey today. Right now Zednik might be a healthy scratch for a second game in a row, with the call-up of Perezhogin possibly bumping Bonk out of the lineup, it'd leave Zed as the odd-man out.

So why is Zed asking to meet Gainey? Could be as trivial as just knowing what's up or it could go as far as asking for a trade.

I think it is time for a chance of scenery...Zednik has been losing the puck along the boards a lot this season...and he is getting outmuscled a lot along the boards as well....but unfortunately hes not worth very much right now for having a sub par season....if he does get traded...we'll probably have to throw in a couple of draft picks for an average player. Im glad that gainey is finally taking action...its about time!!! Heck...Ribeiro still isnt doing much...I might even throw him in there too if the tradeoff is worth it.

He had his time in montreal....now its time to go for a change of scenery...im sure it benefit both parties in the end. Anyone hear of any names that have would be most likely to be going to Montreal?

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

I think it is time for Zed to go. He has been lacking the speed that made him dangerous in the past this season, and appears to be going through the motions more often than not. Zed has been a passenger too many nights, floating around contributing nothing. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....

With the injection of young talents and the emergence of Bulis as an offensive contributor, Zednik isnt really necessary in the lineup anymore.

I'd package Zed and Souray in return of a reliable 2-way #1 or #2 defenseman. I'm sure both together could net a decent return.

With the injection of young talents and the emergence of Bulis as an offensive contributor, Zednik isnt really necessary in the lineup anymore.

I'd package Zed and Souray in return of a reliable 2-way #1 or #2 defenseman. I'm sure both together could net a decent return.

For both of them, I'd like to see us get a draft pick and a player. Zednick has reputation as a player who elevates his game in the playoffs and Souray is rounding into form so it might be possible, but the market is tough. There arent that many top-flight defensemen on the market and there are a lot of teams that are thin on D. Welcome to the new NHL.

I don't want to trade Souray yet.

I think with the right defensive partner his game will get better. He is trying to focus on his defensive play instead of going head strong into his offensive play. Souray is bad (almost terrible) in his own end but he is forced to be a stay at home defenceman because his partner sucks more than him.

Zednik and Ribs for a solid #2 Dman.

Tonights game will be interesting.

Can I get a source that said Zed asked for a meeting with Gainey.

My girlfriend will be pissed if he gets traded. As for me I think he might get one more shot but time will tell.

Tonights game will be interesting.

Can I get a source that said Zed asked for a meeting with Gainey.

My girlfriend will be pissed if he gets traded. As for me I think he might get one more shot but time will tell.

Here's the article. At the bottom of the article:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/196927.html

Aww man. Zed's still one of my favs.... if only he'd cut down the middle and put one past the goalie.

Anyways, @ KoZed.... would you change your name again? KoKov, KoKovy, KoKo, KoRiv, KoHig, KoPlek, KoRyd...

:D

Here's hoping we get... Brad Richards or Ryan Smyth for Zednik!

(I know, I know... impossible. Just other than Zed (& Begin), these are my fav players!)

Anyways, @ KoZed.... would you change your name again? KoKov, KoKovy, KoKo, KoRiv, KoHig, KoPlek, KoRyd...

I was born KoZus, turned into KoZed, and I'm getting ready for KoZog (Kostitsyn - Perezhogin... screw the H!)

i could see ribs+zed for witt+~3rd round pick... makes some degree of sense...

Too much given for Witt IMHO...

Witt was past his prime in the old NHL already, its even worse in the new. And his type (big physical D around 30) is the kind that can go from great to bad almost overnight (age, injuries, timing, etc.). And a 3rd rounder is very marginal.

Ribs and Zed can be top 6 forwards in the NHL. Its not because they're struggling right now that they should be traded at discount price. Potential still has value.You might as well dress them just to pass Gatorade bottles around on the bench, you'll lose less that way. :P

I don't want to trade Souray yet.

I think with the right defensive partner his game will get better. He is trying to focus on his defensive play instead of going head strong into his offensive play. Souray is bad (almost terrible) in his own end but he is forced to be a stay at home defenceman because his partner sucks more than him.

Zednik and Ribs for a solid #2 Dman.

Souray from what I know was always a hard hitting stay at home d-man, i think he suprised every one including himself the year he scored 14 , 15 goals ....don't expect him to do that again.......but i would expect him to be solid in his own end which has been shaky of late........if we want offense from the blue line we need to bring some-one in.......who? not sure if Zed could bring us a sure thing ....time will tell.

i wouldnt mine if we made the trade, but only if we get someone to help change the season around. it would be nice to package rib. in the trade to get him gone. but we need is a second line foward or 3 D man.

If Tampa are about to cut one of their key players Zednik should be interesting.

Even if Zedniks play has been week latley he still a valuable player. A second line winger for 1.8 million with 20+ goals per season when things are working for him.

I'd almost take any player that Bolts would try to trade.

Fredrik Modin. Just like Zednik in a way. More muscles and one of the leauges hardest slapshots. Could do well on a line with Ribeiro.

If Tampa are about to cut one of their key players Zednik should be interesting.

Even if Zedniks play has been week latley he still a valuable player. A second line winger for 1.8 million with 20+ goals per season when things are working for him.

I'd almost take any player that Bolts would try to trade.

Fredrik Modin. Just like Zednik in a way. More muscles and one of the leauges hardest slapshots. Could do well on a line with Ribeiro.

I am not so sure about Tampa wanting to make a trade with us as we are both fighting for the last playoff spots.

He probably should be moved..but we'd need to get a top-six forward back really. A defenseman could be had, we'd need to toss in one of the existing six for salary purposes i suppose. It's just that he needs a change of scenery.

Zednik asked to meet Gainey today. Right now Zednik might be a healthy scratch for a second game in a row, with the call-up of Perezhogin possibly bumping Bonk out of the lineup, it'd leave Zed as the odd-man out.

So why is Zed asking to meet Gainey? Could be as trivial as just knowing what's up or it could go as far as asking for a trade.

In two separate RDS article:

-BG said Zed wanted to talk to him, likely about what each other tought Zed could bring to the team and how BG is to use Zed (BG said something like Zed will have to walk his way)

-Zed AND Perez are playing tonight, Zed with Bulis and Sunny, Perez with Plek and Ryder (Ribs again on the 4th and higgs on the 1st)