Game Thread | Habs Vs. Bruins | 02/02/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifbruins_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif23-21-6 : 52 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

boston50.gif22-22-8 : 52 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

0198.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (17-15-5), 3.46 GAA montreal50.gif

boston50.gif# 30 Tim Thomas (6-1-2), 1.96 GAA1591.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Brunis Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Kovalev - Koivu - Higgins

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Ryder

Sundstrom - Bulis - Zednik

Downey - Ribeiro - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Komisarek

Cote - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Jose Theodore

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 5th, 2005:montreal50.gif2 boston50.gif1

Oct. 18th, 2006:boston50.gif3 montreal50.gif4

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK now, times like these call for changes. Insert BIGMAN in the freakin lineup. I feel so strongly about this that I will guarantee the win.That's right....I said it...GUARANTEED WIN. Ivan brings a different tempo to the game. If a guy like Downey can fess up and say it, it must be true. Need 2 points....put him in.

Now I can only hope Gainey reads this!

ivanans won't play since we have to bring bonk back in. you can't bonk for more than a game if you wish to showcase him to other teams' scouts

anyways, the fourth line as played ok yesterday

Marky, while you may be right about the 4th line playing well, this team needs fresh blood inserted to make any sort of difference. If you think they are going to showcase Bonk, well, I think you are dead wrong. Who in their right mind would take him. We can't go trading guys away when their value is almost nil. We need to either call up a youngster or put out the animals and let them sort it out!

I put Theodore in as the projected goalie because I truly believe that Gainey is stupid enough to come back with him in this game. I have lost all confidence in Gainey & Theodore and in my opinion the sooner those two bums ran out of town the better off the team will be.

I put Theodore in as the projected goalie because I truly believe that Gainey is stupid enough to come back with him in this game. I have lost all confidence in Gainey & Theodore and in my opinion the sooner those two bums ran out of town the better off the team will be.

I can understand that feeling toward Theodore, but Gainey? Treason!!!

Wow I am SO glad I'm not starting!

It's ok, i'm working on a deal with a guy to send you to the Tampa fan forum, I hear there's a lot less pressure there and the fans don't care so much.

Just kidding

This is certainly a big game and we need a big performance, I would like to see Ivanans in there. With Bulis suffering from the flu or something like that (according to RDS) he may get in the lineup. Hopefully if Bonk get's back in he'll get on the board, like Zed and Bulis both did.

- Maybe Bob needs to give THEO a surprise start, tell everyone Huet until 4 minutes before the game, maybe he won't have a chance to psych himself out.

Either way. Let's see a habs Victory

GO HABS GO

Sit Theo and put Ivanans in nets- he would probably take up 90% of the net. Even though the Bruins aren't as tough as they were, I still say we need to get tougher! More fights= more excitement

I am there 500% with the Theo comment and about 65% with the Gainey comment. I am not ready to give up on Gainey yet, I am concerned but not terrified.

There is too much stock put on what happened years ago from people. Gainey has made some moves since being a habs and none of them have turned up roses. (Theo's contract, Bonk and even Kovalev is in question).

The thing that actually concerns me is his SLOW way about him. If his house was on fire how long would it take him to decide between calling the fire department and getting out of the burning house?

Still I'm only 65%, so for now I trust in Gainey.

First of all, Gainey knows more about hockey than all of us put together(unless someone here is a past NHL GM or a past player with something like 500pts). He will right the ship. Everyone here seems to jump the gun and say trade him/put him in the minors......sell the team(you know what I mean). Lets let a man with so much experience do what's right. Give this team a chance to do what's needed in terms of "fixin the problems". Gainey isn't some newbie to this-he did a great job in Dallas. Patience is what this team needs. The problem with all Montreal fans is either win now or get out. People look back to the "dynasty era" when there weren't as many teams in the league and expect to win in the same fashion....well those days are over. Let's field a competitve team and for this year anyways, lets hope we make the playoffs. :hlogo:

GO HABS GO!

Gainey is great. His only mistake was Theodore's contract. We pretty much got Kovalev for free so you can't argue that that was a mistake. I may be the only fan of the Garon trade around.