Game Thread | Habs Vs. Bruins | 02/02/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened the last 5 minutes- It seemed the team woke up. Im sure Gainey told them to go all out and score. Unfortunately it seems to me Gainey and Carbo are instilling a real defensive system. Im sure sooner or later this team will start winning with this system. But heck will it be boring. Sheesh its gonna be a snoozefest at the Bell Center. One thing about Julien he loved the offensive game and I thought hockey had become exciting again. Gainey and Carbo will be trapping ala Lemaire and here we go with our 8th place finishes and first series elimination. I doubt they will have time to make the playoffs this year.

Our main problem in this game was penalties. We took too many, and got to few from Boston. We won on even strength. If we are going to play a defensive system, well have to be a lot more disciplined in the future.

Our main problem in this game was penalties. We took too many, and got to few from Boston. We won on even strength. If we are going to play a defensive system, well have to be a lot more disciplined in the future.

Yes, the penalties hurt them, but they were outplayed 5 on 5 most of the game. I am not sure why you think the Habs won on even strength. Other then a few minutes at the end, they were hardly in the Boston zone.

Also, the penalties were a direct result of poor play 5 on 5.

Montreal Goalies Shots Saves

C. Huet 36 34

Skaters TOI G A +/- SOG PIM

S. Begin 18:01 0 0 0 1 0

F. Bouillon 21:16 0 0 0 1 0

J. Bulis 15:52 0 0 0 2 2

J. Cote 14:25 0 0 0 0 0

M. Dandenault 22:30 0 0 0 2 0

A. Downey 4:48 0 0 0 0 0

C. Higgins 16:03 0 0 0 1 2

R. Ivanans 3:40 0 0 0 0 0

S. Koivu 20:13 0 0 -1 0 2

M. Komisarek 13:04 0 0 0 0 4

A. Kovalev 19:21 0 0 -1 1 0

T. Plekanec 16:49 1 0 +1 2 0

M. Ribeiro 10:19 0 0 0 0 0

C. Rivet 20:23 0 1 0 2 2

M. Ryder 15:54 0 0 +1 0 0

S. Souray 24:56 0 1 0 2 0

N. Sundstrom 13:27 0 0 0 1 2

R. Zednik 16:04 0 0 -1 2 2

There's your culprits. 3-1 game and your top 2 forwards only managed 1 shot on goal and are both -1. And Ryder doesn't even have a shot on goal either.

Bench 'hem, scream at them... do anything but wake them up because they're just as underachieving as Theodore right now.

Edited by KoZed

I hope you're being sarcastic, because while he had his chances, he also to lazy stupid penalties and missed great scoring chances by not controlling hte puck

I think he was making a joke related to his user name (Jose Theodore) and the fact that Jose was sitting at the end of the bench... like Zednik should be.

That's what I understood...

I've taken all your guys' (I'm lumping people into two sections now, theo haters, and non-theo haters) crying and complaining how Theo was the problem.

Now it's time you guys own up that the problems is more than Theo. Huet played good, but he let in a weak goal on that shot from the point. Now, none of this is Theo was in net bullcrap, if the habs can't shoot how are they ever gonna score?

The habs seem so damn weak with the puck, they always get it stick checked away, and for frigs sake does anyone notice every game the lines change, how do players get any flow with their linemates if they change on a nightly basis.

One thing I was impressed with was Souray, he was pushing forward into the rush and damn thats a nice shot. If we're gonna lose, I want to lose with at least 25 shots on the other goalie. Dump the punk on the net for all I care, I don't think the habs have the size to dump and chase.

Bar

I've taken all your guys' (I'm lumping people into two sections now, theo haters, and non-theo haters) crying and complaining how Theo was the problem.

Now it's time you guys own up that the problems is more than Theo. Huet played good, but he let in a weak goal on that shot from the point. Now, none of this is Theo was in net bullcrap, if the habs can't shoot how are they ever gonna score?

The habs seem so damn weak with the puck, they always get it stick checked away, and for frigs sake does anyone notice every game the lines change, how do players get any flow with their linemates if they change on a nightly basis.

One thing I was impressed with was Souray, he was pushing forward into the rush and damn thats a nice shot. If we're gonna lose, I want to lose with at least 25 shots on the other goalie. Dump the punk on the net for all I care, I don't think the habs have the size to dump and chase.

Bar

Theo wasn't the problem because he didn't play. You're happy with that? Huet played very strong, and was stopping shots that would have gone in against Theo. That's just the truth.

But, you're right in that Theo is far from this team's only problem, as tonight demonstrated. I guess what we used to call the 'heart attack Habs' really did have a heart attack, because they're playing with none now. I only saw a few players trying: Higgins, Koivu, Zednik, Souray, Pleks (I didn't see the whole game, but they were trying when I was watching). This team is so overdue for a shakeup, it's unbelievable.

Ok, so last night strong and solid play Huet and the other 18 players didn't show up. I think it's time for a fire burning sale. This team is awful, dare i say the worst in the league. Only St louis and Chicago are worse. I would add Pittsburgh but even they have beaten the habs twice. Can anyone tell me what was Rivet and Souray doing last night? Have they ever heard of taking the body? This is getting tough to even watch the games. Another night with 20 shots or less. Only twice under gainey have they had 20 shots or more.

Yes the shots numbers are becoming quite staggering. And for three defensive coaches you would think that they would encourage the defensemen to not give the blue line up on such a regular basis. Gainey must be very stressed out he cannot get a unison effort from these players. I wonder what happened to this team when Kovalev got injured is when I recall this downward spiral occurring. This team is healthy and is unable to putting a 60-minute effort together.

Yep, i agree, it's time to eject the core players around here. There are some vets that just need to go. Montreal needs some new leadership. Please don't tell me Rivet and Koivu. Being in charge of a bunch of losers, still makes you a loser. Neither one of them show up every night. Souray, Dandenault, Zednick, Sundstrom, Ribiero, Bonk, streit, they can all go.