Are We Not Trying To Make The Play-offs?

kw11habs

:hlogo: It might of showed 8-2 for Carolina on the score sheet but we were the best team (except for goaltending) for most of the game. With Huet in nets we could of been up 2-1 after 2 periods. Theo's totally lost his confidence and we can't afford anymore losses waiting to see if he's going to get in back. I think we can still make the play-offs if we go with Huet & Danis for the rest of the year. If we can't get anything for him send him to Hamilton if some-one claims him it opens up 4.5 mill for next season. The only hope of getting something back for him is to package him and then we'd have to take some salary back in return. One possibility send Theo, Ryder , Ribiero (6.7 mill) to Phoenix for S. Doan & D. Scatchard (5.1 mill) or I'd like L. Nagy & D. Scatchard (4 mill) but if it was at all possible Pheonix would probably want to keep Nagy instead of Doan. This is just an idea of a team that might be interested in Theo and have a couple of salaries they might be willing to move. I read rumours of Gainey interested in Richards and Kubina from Tampa Bay, great move but with Richards only a restricted F.A we'd have to give up the farm. If he wants a #1 centre (and make Koivu the #2 man) and a top D-man I'd go after O. Jokinen and J. Bouwmeester if we can re-sign Koivu long term Jokinen should stay also. How could we get them, I'd offer Komisarek, Plecanek & Perezhogin. No I'm not playing my NHL 2006 again I'm just wishing for us to make the play-offs, and Bob's gotta make a big move because everyone else in our division will follow suite with Carolina and start improving for the stretch run.

Trading our blue-chip prospects is not the answer. We might do a little better this season but we're going to have to start rebuilding again a couple of seasons.

Montreal has been in perpetual rebuilding mode for the past five years.

Exactly. Would you like to back out right at the end of the process and then have to rebuild all over again in a couple of years. The prospects are here to stay. If they go, so does Gainey (unless he gets an amazing return).

Why the heck would Phoenix want Theodore anyway? Joseph has been amazing for most of the year and they want to develop LeNeveu (sp?) for the future. He would probably be ready next season or the one after, I'm sure Cujo can fill in until then.

Why the heck would Phoenix want Theodore anyway? Joseph has been amazing for most of the year and they want to develop LeNeveu (sp?) for the future. He would probably be ready next season or the one after, I'm sure Cujo can fill in until then.

I agree.

There seems to be a whole lot of Cujo rumours out there. They are all garbage! Pheonix has a goalie playing great and costing nothing. why the hell would they give that up?

I hate rebuilding. It has been going on seemingly forever.

Will it ever end? Who knows?

I would hope Gainey does not turn into Mad Mike and trade away all of the Habs prospects. But trading one of them would not be a huge issue especially if a yond talented defender comes the other way.

Theo will not be traded right now. I guess Team 990 reported that Theo and Gainey had a meeting today.

Good news. Theo won't be traded. Why? Because Gainey confirmed NO TEAM is interested in him and has not receive a single offer for him.

Where was this said Tony?

I can't find anything on it anywhere.

Good news. Theo won't be traded. Why? Because Gainey confirmed NO TEAM is interested in him and has not receive a single offer for him.

Do you have a source for that info?

Said it here:

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/197062.html

however he didnt say no teams are interested, he just hasent received any offers

The direct translation from French is this:

"Gainey sweared that no one has approached him about obtaining the services of his number 1 goalie."

No one approached him. No one is interested.

Man oh man! Trading Theo. This truly must be fantasy land for lots of habs fans. THEO HAS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO TRADE VALUE!!!! Whether we like it or not, we are stuck with him. I think instead of looking for the HOLY SAVIOUR OF HOCKEY to come our way in exchange for Theo and other old used washed up rags called players, we need to really suck it up. Its not EASports, its reality. We need to question what caused Theo to lose his confidence. Is that not the root of the issue? This team has issues and rebuilding isn't fun, but if after 13 years of rebuilding, we never got it right anywhere down the line, then simply put, continue to rebuild. There is no other option and the problems stem deeper than Theo as well. So simply put, a trade will not get us the cup, a series of smart trades may, but who in their right mind wants to trade with us!? In order for a trade to occur there must be something of VALUE for BOTH SIDES!!! We have NO VALUE!! Or at least where we have value thats what we want to keep. I am not even going to touch on Theo's outrageous salary, I mean you would think it was self-evident why no one would bite, but I guess not. No trade is going to save us, look at the Kovy trade, man was that a joke or what. How many people thought wow, we have a star player... Where because I haven't seen one on our team yet!!! Lets just PLEASE put the trade talk to rest and just ride this wave out, PLEASE!!!

I am not saying that we have no trade bait. I am saying that:

1) We want to keep MOST of the bait we have

2) Even if a trade happened to alleviate us of Zeds, or Sunny, or Bulis, it isn't going to get us a cup and probably won't get us any closer anyway. Its going to be like a Kovy thing, we make a trade and wow weeeee we are all going to go nuts and win the cup!!!! When in reality, it won't happen b/c of trade and they'll probably slump into the hole like the rest of the gang!