3 Way Deal Rumor?

gohabsgo252006

Hey guys,

I've been following this rumor all day and I found it very interesting. Of course it's just a rumor and I am naive, so i thought I would post it here and see what you guys think of the deal and the legitimacy of the rumor.

First off I will post the link where this all originated.

http://www.beckett.com/iforum/view.asp?mod...1&searchstring=

The deal would be as follows

To Avs: Theo

To Blue Jackets: Hinote and Tom Fritsche (Dan's brother)

TO habs: Marc Denis and Ian Lapperiere

And draft picks would be involved.

This rumor started in the above linked forum where Tom Fritsche apparenlty had said that he was about to be dealt, and then said what the deal was supposed to be, he continued answering questions as best he could saying the draft picks and finalizing needed to be done before anything would be official.

What is interesting is that I like you guys would be extremely skeptical of something like that, however, he had previiously posted there about his experiences at the WJHC with team USA. (who would impersonate a prospect and NCAA player).

Anyways, for discussion, I think that would be a great deal for us, a solid goalie to hold the fort and Lappy would bring much needed leadership up front. All the while saving lots of salary.

HOpe nobody gets too mad about the rumor posting I find it fun and naively find this believable.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. It looks pretty legit if its indeed Tom Fritsche.

The trade actually makes sense. Habs get a capable #1 and a gritty home-grown talent. Columbus gets 2 decent players for Denis, whom they dont really need with Leclaire in the system. And Colorado gets Theo while only losing 3 depth players. The condition at the end (got to leave school and sign a contract at the end of season for the deal to go through) could hardly be invented by some phoney.

I'd be happy if that deal went through because Denis si a workhorse with a very strong potential.

How much is left on Theo's contract? Would he fit in the Avs cap for what is left of the season?

Unless my cap knowledge is wrong, the only way I see Theo fitting is if a lot of high-priced Colorado players have been injured for a long period of time.

Theo has 10.6 million left over the following two seasons.

No, I mean only this season. I imagine with half of the season passed, what's left to pay Theo for the rest of the season must be something around 2.5M$. I dont think it'd be too hard to fit him under the cap for the remainder of the season.

As for next seasons, anything can happen. Rob Blake wont be playing until he's 42.

Seems as though La Presse picked up on the rumor as well, for those of you that speak french, here's the link

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060202...2/1002/CPSPORTS

They are talking about it on the team 990 right now, they are skeptical as much of us will be until the deal happens. While they are doubting Fritsche posting it claiming all kinds of tampering and stuff, I believe that stuff is crap, because if Colorado allows it then it's ok.

That would be an impressive trade. Although I would rather Montreal pick up some defensive help rather than another forward. If this deal goes through I would expect Montreal to ship a Forward with Theo.

This deal would be brutal....YEURK!!!!

Denis is 28, as never had any great stats and is far from being a proven #1. I would rather trust Huet and Danis, who just got named MVP of the AHL all-star game. The only guy I like is Laperrière.

We need a good D or forward in return, not another Jose....

I would rather sign Manny Fernandez this summer. Man if this deal is done, I quit on BG and the Habs...we don't need a Marc Denis!!!

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

Denis is 28, as never had any great stats and is far from being a proven #1. I would rather trust Huet and Danis, who just got named MVP of the AHL all-star game. The only guy I like is Laperrière.

I would rather sign Manny Fernandez this summer. Man if this deal is done, I quit on BG and the Habs...we don't need a Marc Denis!!!

I would have to disagree, especially given what I perceive to be THEO's value on the market right now. And the fact that we would be saving close to 3 Million dollars on the deal. I think Denis is a very good goalie, he might not have the stats but that is likely as a result of playing on a terrible Columbus team for years. Plus he still has lots of potential.

Laperiere would bring much needed grit, size and leadership. Characterwise he reminds me a bit of Rivet, in the way he will stick up for team mates, but he also gets under the skin of the other team, plays sound defensively.

I would assume, like other people have said if this deal goes through, that there are other deals on the horizon to move forwards, probably for defence. I think this is not only a good deal, but a GREAT deal and I hope it's true and I hope BG has no hesitation in getting it done.

trade before Turin? I wouldn't be surprised. This looks decent, watch Théo be a star in Denver though, not saying it isn't a good trade given the circumstances, just the way it probably will work out given our history.

We need to make the playoffs though, I support whatever needs to be done to get us there so long as we don't lose all our youth.

During the Calgary/Columbus game the GM of Columbus between periods stated he is not interested in trading his goalies, he liked the age and the way they were both playing. I also don't understand why the habs need another forward.

He said he didn't want to trade Marc Denis, isn't that the kiss of death, as soon as i heard that, I figured the deal would be done within a day or two.

CBJ GM Doug Mclean owes Gainey after Hainsey has worked out fiarly well.

Montreal has called a press conference tomorrow.!!! Reported from Team 990.

Edited by JMMR

I'm curious though, wouldn't Colorado want to dump Aebs or Budaj if they get Theo? Aebisher makes 1.9/year, so I can't image they would want his salary with Theo's. Not sure how long his contract is, maybe it's done at the end of this year.

CBJ GM Doug Mclean owes Gainey after Hainsey has worked out fiarly well.

Press conference does indeed mean something.

Gainey has something important to say, it may be a trade, it may be an apology, it may be to tell the fans to quit shitting on Theo.

Here we go!

I dont see any other reasons to call a press conference without saying what its about other than it being a trade and it being important enough to explain it to the press during a conference.

I hate to cross the river before getting to the bridge, but that's got to be it.

Have you seen Denis play? Live? I watched him a couple of times, live, and he's one good goalie. Maybe he sucks on EA NHL 2006, but in real life he's OK. Trust me on that one!

Interesting that the PC would be tommorow, however, they are in Boston and return home tommorow, so that's a possibility. Also, BG is maybe the most patient guy in history so I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting till tommorow. Perhaps also, they won't officially make the deal until tommorow, since all 3 teams play tonight, and goalies are involved they would want to have backups without having to call up 3rd goalies for tonights game.

As you can see i'm just grasping at straws as to why i think it's a TRADE and am hoping it's a TRADE. It has to be, I just know it.

I'm on the edge of my seat. IF anybody finds out the time for this Press Conference please inform.