Nilan

want an interesting stat? we have one player in the top 100 scorers. one. ONE! and he's tied with god-damned yannick perrault for number of points.

Ouch

:(

Not really hard to figure out why this team is struggling so bad eh?

Lets see what had this team let go in free agency and trades, and dumb as waiver losses in the Bob Gainey era, and what have they got in return?

Yanic Perreault..52 GP 19 goals 19 assists 39 points, and again one of the top faceoff men in the league. Montreal had no real replacement for this guy, and although he may have been soft with no phyiscal attributes, what Canadien player isn't that right now? Definitley hurt to have lost him, considereing he'd be tied for the team lead in scoring.

Mathieu Garon 39 GP 21-13-2 2.95 GAA 2 SO 0.905 Sav%. Far and away better than anything any Montreal goaltender has done this year. I think everybody knew this was going to happen though. Everybody knew that Garon was a good goalie, and just needed some playing time. Having said that, I originally liked this trade, as I thought Radek Bonk would be an excellent 3rd line center with size and grit and 20 goals. Boy was I and Bob Gainey wrong. Christobal Huet has been the only thing saving this trade from being a disaster...and thats pathetic...basically trading a starting goalie for a backup goalie.

Marcel Hossa 41 GP 7 goals 6 assists 13 points +7 . Garth Murray 18 GP 1 goal 1 assist -3. Yeah Marcel Hossa never gave a full effort, but hes the better hockey player in the trade and therefore New York wins the deal. Murray can't even crack the lineup every night, and will eventually be a 4th liner or career minor leaguer. Thats pathetic.

Ron Hainsey 30 GP 1 G 9 A 10 Pts +1 and has steadily improved his play on a weak defence in Columbus.

He was lost because Montreal drafted a 28 year old in the 9th round of 2004 draft named Mark Streit whose is pathetic. 35 GP 1 Goal 6 assists 7 Points -7. This was just brutal and will ultimatley define Bob Gaineys GM role with Montreal. Hainsey will become an excellent top 4 defensman, NOT A #1, while Streit will be back over in Europe within a year. What a waste

Alex Kovalev, on any given night can dominate a game. On most nights, loafs and doesn't play hard. Unfortunatley he's had a serious knee injury that robbed him of 20 + games. Traded for Josez Balej who's pretty much a career minor leaguer....and this has been Gainey's best move. Not exactly a ringing endorement.

Aaron Downey...waiver pick up. Piece of shit, that hasn't even had a fight year

Yann Danis, has been the best Montreal goaltender this year and is currently playing in Hamilton. I realize its a numbers game, and hes the youngest and most inexperienced, but you have to be able to find this guy playing time. Ultimately hes destined to be the next Mathieu Garon.

Oh and lets not forget that he fired Claude Julien. The same coach who had us competing at the beginning of the year. The same guy who didn't have us getting outshot 35-40 to 15-20 everynight and blasted 6-2, 7-2, 8-2 which is a frequent nightly occurance with Gainey

This my friends, is what Bob Gainey has done to this franchise. Ultimatley it rests on his shoulders. I admit that I thought it was great that he came here and would be good for the franchise, but boy was I wrong. Bob Gainey has been a disaster.

In a lot of these posts, people have been talking about trades, and who should go and who should stay. I don't trust Bob Gainey to make any moves. I don't think he would make any good trades, and am actually afraid of what he might do, based on what he has accomplished through the above transactions. I hate to Poo Poo on the guy considering how a great he was and what he did in Dallas, but I am really scared for the franchises future.....

Not really hard to figure out why this team is struggling so bad eh?

Lets see what had this team let go in free agency and trades, and dumb as waiver losses in the Bob Gainey era, and what have they got in return?

Yanic Perreault..52 GP 19 goals 19 assists 39 points, and again one of the top faceoff men in the league. Montreal had no real replacement for this guy, and although he may have been soft with no phyiscal attributes, what Canadien player isn't that right now? Definitley hurt to have lost him, considereing he'd be tied for the team lead in scoring.

Mathieu Garon 39 GP 21-13-2 2.95 GAA 2 SO 0.905 Sav%. Far and away better than anything any Montreal goaltender has done this year. I think everybody knew this was going to happen though. Everybody knew that Garon was a good goalie, and just needed some playing time. Having said that, I originally liked this trade, as I thought Radek Bonk would be an excellent 3rd line center with size and grit and 20 goals. Boy was I and Bob Gainey wrong. Christobal Huet has been the only thing saving this trade from being a disaster...and thats pathetic...basically trading a starting goalie for a backup goalie.

Marcel Hossa 41 GP 7 goals 6 assists 13 points +7 . Garth Murray 18 GP 1 goal 1 assist -3. Yeah Marcel Hossa never gave a full effort, but hes the better hockey player in the trade and therefore New York wins the deal. Murray can't even crack the lineup every night, and will eventually be a 4th liner or career minor leaguer. Thats pathetic.

Ron Hainsey 30 GP 1 G 9 A 10 Pts +1 and has steadily improved his play on a weak defence in Columbus.

He was lost because Montreal drafted a 28 year old in the 9th round of 2004 draft named Mark Streit whose is pathetic. 35 GP 1 Goal 6 assists 7 Points -7. This was just brutal and will ultimatley define Bob Gaineys GM role with Montreal. Hainsey will become an excellent top 4 defensman, NOT A #1, while Streit will be back over in Europe within a year. What a waste

Alex Kovalev, on any given night can dominate a game. On most nights, loafs and doesn't play hard. Unfortunatley he's had a serious knee injury that robbed him of 20 + games. Traded for Josez Balej who's pretty much a career minor leaguer....and this has been Gainey's best move. Not exactly a ringing endorement.

Aaron Downey...waiver pick up. Piece of shit, that hasn't even had a fight year

Yann Danis, has been the best Montreal goaltender this year and is currently playing in Hamilton. I realize its a numbers game, and hes the youngest and most inexperienced, but you have to be able to find this guy playing time. Ultimately hes destined to be the next Mathieu Garon.

Oh and lets not forget that he fired Claude Julien. The same coach who had us competing at the beginning of the year. The same guy who didn't have us getting outshot 35-40 to 15-20 everynight and blasted 6-2, 7-2, 8-2 which is a frequent nightly occurance with Gainey

This my friends, is what Bob Gainey has done to this franchise. Ultimatley it rests on his shoulders. I admit that I thought it was great that he came here and would be good for the franchise, but boy was I wrong. Bob Gainey has been a disaster.

In a lot of these posts, people have been talking about trades, and who should go and who should stay. I don't trust Bob Gainey to make any moves. I don't think he would make any good trades, and am actually afraid of what he might do, based on what he has accomplished through the above transactions. I hate to Poo Poo on the guy considering how a great he was and what he did in Dallas, but I am really scared for the franchises future.....

i couldnt say it better if i said it my self

Lets be realistic. People miss Hossa, saying he does not give his all, but he is a better player....

Well, what about ribs Dags. They have way more points then Hossa, yet they are considered crap on this board.

Just because we dumped a guy who then gets 13 - 20 points in the next season, does not make it a bad move. Hossa is a poor excuse for a hockey player and we are better off without him. If he was on the team we would be even softer then we are now and people would be calling for his head.

Now I am happy Yanic is having a great season, but that was hardly predictable. Again, he would not be the answer for the habs and on this team, he might be struggling. Who knows.

It is easy to look at trades in hindsight and question them, but that is unfair. Look at Bonk for Garon. That looked like a bloody steal. We were not really playing Garon, hence he did not contribute much. Bonk looked like a decent number 2 center and we were going to use him on the 3rd line! Wow, actual scoring from our third line. Most people were pretty excited.

Who knows, Bonk might get his act together and be a decent player for the next two years and we will all be happy to have him. Maybe not, but at the time of the trade, it was a good move.

Even Kovalev was an exciting acquistion. Finally a true skill player on the team. Oh the excitement... then he stuggles.

Who knows what the future brings. There are people who would never like Jagr because he was soft, lazy, and selfish. Yet, this season he is awesome. Who knew? No one knew. That is the beauty of sport.

I remember this time of year, 2 years ago. We were all awaiting a trade, and the main name being tossed around as useless one way player, Perrault, and of course Breeze-by. Now they are gone and you all whine about it? You will do the same this time next year, Theo will be a top goalie somewhere while young Danis struggles and gets hammered by the press, Zednik will be in Washington getting 20 goals on the 2nd line as we watch them pass us in the playoff race. Ribs will be the top on a western teams points getters, Wild? You will all be here again saying why did these guys go. I am not saying....I am just saying