Game Thread | Boston Vs. Montreal | 02/04/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mathieu30 for the new HabsWord Nostradamus!!!! B) B)

HabsWord Nostradamus sounds OK, but thats still not quite good enough for becoming a HabsWorld Nostradamus. ;)

this is the kind of win we've needed:

habs come out active, but turtle, letting their goaltender get beat up because, hell - we're not going to win the game.

Shit, taking those damn Penalties again! What's the point

Hey, Huet is not letting it in?

we can actually win this game?

We can win it for our goaltender who's been winning it for us?

Ok, lets do it!

Exactly! GG Huet!

LMAO

(something a little like this:)

Pat Hickey: "Have you chosen your goalie for next game yet?"

Bob Gainey: "I'll ask Huet if he's in shape for next game. I'll probably get a negative answer to that, so we'll see..."

Listened to the game on the radio.

Same start as always: getting penalties after penalties, not shooting at all... But killing all those penalties actually seemed to get them going. Komisarek and Côté sounded very solid out there, which also helps a great deal.

Gotta give thumbs up to Plex, Bubu and Begin. That's the 3 names I kept hearing. Plex and Bubu are going to develop some chemistry real fast and become a great 2-way duo in the mold of Draper-Maltby in Detroit. Begin was his usual self.

That seemed to rub off the rest of the team. You could hear Kovalev and Ribs trying things a little more from shift to shift.

Negative note to Rivet for his stick-throwing penalty at the end of the 3rd period. What a stupid brainless thing to do when you're leading by just 1 goal with less than 2 mins left in the game. Someone should smack him up the head for that. Its the kind of brain cramps Rivet suffers now and then that makes him such a risk sometimes.

Huet... Got to be happy. Now let's see if he can keep it up. Brian Boucher got an NHL record by not allowing a single goal for more than 5 straight games... and then sunk back into mediocrity right after. So got to enjoy it while it last but not count on it too much.

Hip hip Huet!

This should be the new Habs theme song for when Huet makes a rocking save:

"Hi-Hop Huet/Ho-Hay!"

-Naughty By Nature

:lol:

Negative note to Rivet for his stick-throwing penalty at the end of the 3rd period. What a stupid brainless thing to do when you're leading by just 1 goal with less than 2 mins left in the game. Someone should smack him up the head for that. Its the kind of brain cramps Rivet suffers now and then that makes him such a risk sometimes.

Stupid move, I agree. But I think what he actually did was take a stick from the bench to give it to Perezhogin. At least he was trying to help a team mate, and not making a desperation move. Shows a lot more character.

HabsWord Nostradamus sounds OK, but thats still not quite good enough for becoming a HabsWorld Nostradamus. ;)

spooling? VWat? u are ??? my spuling! dent you underdand whut I meeN?

Soory. I am a teacher of English as a Foreign Language :P Guess I should retire, the students habits are getting to me :P

Besides, I want to be the HW Nostradamus. You would think that since I can spell Nostradamus I could handle world :blink:

nah Plekanec lost his stick. The Bruins bench picked it up and threw it away. Rivet caught it and threw it to his stickless teammate. It was the same stick but he shouldn't have done that.

I wonder what it is going to cost us to sign Huet past this year.

Huet's great but I doubt he gets resigned. It's time for Danis to get a chance and don't hold your breath waiting for Theo to go.

At the beginning of the year Huet was talking about playing in europe next season.

yeah, huet will get the swiss citizenship and has offers from the swiss league. he played there before and was one of the best goaltender (besides Martin Gerber). he said in swiss newspaper that he would go back to switzerland but I guess if he gets a good offer from Montreal, he will stay another season. we will see

nah Plekanec lost his stick. The Bruins bench picked it up and threw it away. Rivet caught it and threw it to his stickless teammate. It was the same stick but he shouldn't have done that.

Actually, Plex lost his stick. Rivet used his own stick to flick Plekanec's back to him. A player on the Bruin bench reached over the boards and either caught it or just blocked it from going toward Plex (I couldn't tell which). Then Rivet reached out and took ahold of it and tossed it toward Plex. Definitely a penalty to Rivet for having 2 sticks at once. But there should have been a Bruin bench penalty too.

Edited by Peter Puck

and so ends my "Gotta be with my girlfriend" theory.

Oh well....I think I'll celebrate the Habs win by going to go see my girlfriend. :)

This might commence my "gotta be with my new girlfriend" theory.. I'll pick up where you left off, Trizzak!