Game Thread | Flyers Vs. Canadiens | 02/05/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A GAME! Habs Played solid from the outset, and not only did they play...they played like they meant it. I think this is the turning point boys. The future looks promising for us....Huet is playing like he's been stopping pucks for years (congratulations to him on expending the goose egg streak!!!). Perezhogin looked very aggressive on the puck again, and the rookies are playing amazing again. A good effort was put forth from Koivu and Zednik tonight.....The reason they are unstoppable at home is because the fans are behind them....If the habs played every game at home...they would most likely win 67/82 games!!! Good Job Guys!!!!

GO :hlogo: GO

Finally the chills have gone down my spine when we score again

you gotta love today's performance..everybody played good.

komisarek as played is best game since this season.

can't wait to see his face when he'll score his first NHL goal..

Mr Huet hasn't allowed a goal in 147' 47". Does anybody know at how many minutes the Habs record stands? The only thing I can find related to shutouts is Mr George Hainsworth record season 1928-1929 (22 Shutouts).

Huet is playing like he's been stopping pucks for years

I don't think he picked up goaltending in the summer of 2005 ;)

komisarek as played is best game since this season.

can't wait to see his face when he'll score his first NHL goal..

Can't wait for that moment to happen!

Wow such a good game, but we have to keep in mind that the Flyers were SEVERELY depleted.

Also, I really can't enjoy this game to its fullest because there's the Theo in the back of my mind. I hope he gets the start thursday in Buffalo as Huet should play Tuesday at home.

Well, Trizzak, looks like my take on your theory is having slightly better results... I'm getting SHUT-OUTS! 2 for 2!!! :P

BTW, I don't know if anyone remembers, but after Bulis' 4-goal night, I called Ryder getting the next hat-trick... My next prediction... Pleks...

:hlogo:

What a difference when the team is confident in the goalie. Too bad the better is on the bench with no confidence. Great game. I do think however that someone should have taken Brashear on after he ran Huet, just to make the statement that we aren't going to have that happen. Great to see the effort out of the Captain, he final seems to be bringing his A game.

Maybe all we need to do is reschedule all the remaining games to afternoon!! Could the answer be that easy? lol

Mr Huet hasn't allowed a goal in 147' 47". Does anybody know at how many minutes the Habs record stands? The only thing I can find related to shutouts is Mr George Hainsworth record season 1928-1929 (22 Shutouts).

Hm, I'm not sure about that. You should go plop it into the trivia thread in the NHL forum, someone might be able to find out for you. I have another query regarding shutouts. Who was the last Habs goalie to get back-to-back shutouts in two days (ie. without any days off like the ones in 2002)?

right on habbernabbers!!!!!!!!

Koivu Hat Trick Today!

-- got a feeling. Maybe Kovalev, somebody with a "K" gets three I predict.

Go Habs Go!!!

hehehe MiKe Ryder?

looks like it was a great game, about time we dominated a team!

So now that we dominated one game, and shut out the opposition in the last two games, who should we trade ;)

I still like the team we have ... and I think that the new coaching staff is gradually making this collection of players in to a team. I like it. I think Gainey may have to do something to strengthen the team before the trading deadline, but with this group of rookies and veterns, I think the right locker-room philosophy will get us a long way.

Go Habs

Well, I just finished reading the entire thread, I was unable to participate because I hade the privilege of being at the game tonight and could not throw a hat on the ice because I was behind the mesh. What an excellent game to be at, there were a lot of families because it was Family Day, but a great atmosphere none the less. I was extremely happy with Theo after the game he rushed on the ice (with a smile on his face) pushing through teammates to congratulate Huet. K Rex played amazing I enjoyed him playing with Markov they are an excellent tandem. Gainey rolled all 4 lines tonight, which helped the Canadiens decimate a depleted flyers team.

He pressured the defenseman into making the bad pass, which Plex intercepted and fed to Bulis for the second goal of the game. He made two nice passes and had at least one or two scoring chances.

He pressured the defenseman into making the bad pass, which Plex intercepted and fed to Bulis for the second goal of the game. He made two nice passes and had at least one or two scoring chances.

not bad for a period wait you meant the whole game lol- all I know is when he got into the penalty box when Koivu was there he tried to chat it up with Koivu who ignored him

I really wasn't impressed with Zed...he took some bad penalties....and looked to be fighting the puck constantly. Great chances were wasted and he seemed to be flustered alot of the time...Maybe not a lack of effort (except the penalties) but he's got to get somethign going.

Sufficed to say, I really really like the lines, that we've had the last two games, those top 3 seem to really be clicking.

All Zed needs is a couple of goals to get his confidence back.....seems like he's squeezing his stick a bit too tight.......good overall game against a Flyers team which we're 3-0 against since LeClair left......We didn't win this game on just emotion, we outhustled, outhit, and finally decisively outplayed a team for 60 minutes.....We finally started forechecking and utilizing our speed and quickness; we played to our strengths.........One thing that bothered me was the fact that BG came back with Ribs/Zhogs/Kovy as the PP unit after Ryder's hat trick goal....i thought he should have put on our 4th line or at least the Plex line .... No use "rubbing it in" once the game was already won, especially against a depleted Flyer's defence...Anyway, we've got a couple of tough games coming up vs Buffalo....their D-Men do a great job of pinching in to keep the puck in the offensive zone, and then their speedy forwards are extremely good at the cycling game to create their chances.....Having said this, I think we do match up well against them as long as we play like we did today.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that BG came back with Ribs/Zhogs/Kovy as the PP unit after Ryder's hat trick goal....i thought he should have put on our 4th line or at least the Plex line .... No use "rubbing it in" once the game was already won, especially against a depleted Flyer's defence...

Normally I would agree with you. One thing to consider, though, is that this is a team hurting for offence and hurting for confidence. We are not a dominant team, these games will rarely happen. If we have to run up the score to bring up the chins of a couple of the Habs players, so be it.

Ribs, Zhogs, and Kovy....I can see why they'd be out there. Wouldn't that be a line you'd want to get going?