Game Thread | Buffalo Vs. Montreal | 02/07/06

Spider-Man NL

buffalo200.gifvssmall2.gifmontreal200.gif

buffalo50.gif34-15-3 : 71 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif25-22-6 : 56 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2045.gif# 30 Ryan Miller (18-7-0), 2.18 GAAbuffalo50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (5-5-1), 2.47 GAA 2311.gif

Sabres Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Downey - Plekanec - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Komisarek

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 4th, 2005:montreal50.gif3 buffalo50.gif2

Nov. 5th, 2005:buffalo50.gif2 montreal50.gif3

Nov. 25th, 2005:montreal50.gif1 buffalo50.gif3

Dec. 1st, 2005:buffalo50.gif3 montreal50.gif2 OT

capt.xmtl10102042026.bruins_canadiens_xm

HigginsvsSabres.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm Eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Habs world ZedHead

Garcias,

Been around awhile. Love the site. Keeps me informed down here in southern Indiana.

Ready to rock Buffalo

Edited by ZedHead

They wouldn't happen to be missing there top 3 players plus a few more key ones, would they? Afternoon game? Hmmm...5-1 Sabres, 12 shots on goal. Not what I want but.... I am not as won over yet as everyone else by the 2 weekend game results. Boston is weak, not a playoff team and Philly was depleted. Oh, and we only split with Boston.

Come on Johnny in your most recent posts you have posted how much faith you have in Gainey, now you predict another horrible game from the Habs.

I will guarantee you the habs muster more than 12 shots possibly in the first period alone.

Come on Johnny in your most recent posts you have posted how much faith you have in Gainey, now you predict another horrible game from the Habs.

I will guarantee you the habs muster more than 12 shots possibly in the first period alone.

No worries. If the habs happen to win, Johnny will be saying that we shouldn't get our hopes up cause we defeated a depleted squad. I don't know why some people have to be so negative all the time. How bout looking at the last 2 games as confidence boosters, instead of making excuses why we were given the victories.

Garcias,

Been around awhile. Love the site. Keeps me informed down here in southern Indiana.

Ready to rock Buffalo

there ya go! The IU Habs club is growing by leaps and bounds!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by simonus

To quote a famous ball player, I live in the real world. Yes we got the wins, great, let's build on them, but take them at face value, not as a sign that we are all of a sudden back on top.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Even if we don't win, we gotta set the tone in this first game... let's beat the $%&^ out of them, and grab a win!

GO HABS GO!

I havent posted in these topics lately cause i hacvent been happy wit the way habs have been playing... but i was at the game sunday and i was not disapointed! so im hoping the habs can continue to role...

so i predict either a low scoring shut out for us, or a one goal game, buffalo breaking huets shutout streak in the 3rd period, but habs taking the win.

GO HABS GO!

HABS 4 BUFFALO 2 (OT)

This game will be hard fought like 3 out of the 4 games that we played previously versus buffalo this season. Goals for the Canadiens will come from Perezhogin, Kovalev (2), and Ryder. Goals for buffalo will come from Ales Kotalik who has been on fire as of late, and Maxim Afenigenov who seems to always play like he wants to kill the habs for some unknown reason every time these two teams meet! In order to win this game, we will need to play disciplined and stay out of the box (cough* Souray, Dandanault, Komi!!) As for the powerplay...its clicking right now...and with the home crowd behind them..the powerplay will stay on a roll. Huet's confidence will play a huge factor in the game (crowd support)...but unfortunately I think the shutout streak for Huet will come to an end on a Buffalo powerplay. Otherwise, he will have another solid outing in net!

GO :hlogo: GO!!!!

OOPS...sorry bout the OT guys...I kept changing my mind on the score! :lol: