Game Thread | Buffalo Vs. Montreal | 02/07/06

Spider-Man NL

Kovalev is great and all ...but hes gotta shoot the puck more. I mean before tonights game he had 106 shots. Ovechkin and Jagr had 265 and 245 respectively. If kovalev had that many shots he could have 35 goals or more so far.

I know hes got it in him. He isnt eactly a great playmaker... Hes a shooter. So shoot!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...I hate Koharski as much as anyone....but Koivu and Begin both deserved their penalties. Koivu should know that you can't just wrap your free arm in front of someone (that in itself will get you the gate every time), let alone use it to mess with their stick. Begin's stick caught a guy in the mouth...pretty hard not to call that. A lack of concentration on the parts of Koivu and Begin cost us the game, not biased officiating.

The reason you CAN fault officiating to some degree is because there was a huge lack of consistency, tons of the same types of plays were let go throughout most of the third period. Granted the players did what they did, but the officials should be consistent and at least make the no-calls in the last minute rather than the first 17 of the third period.

And yes the Goal probably should've counted, seemed like the old NFL rule, clear evidence to over turn, why did he rule like thtat right away, because he had no idea.

The reason you CAN fault officiating to some degree is because there was a huge lack of consistency, tons of the same types of plays were let go throughout most of the third period. Granted the players did what they did, but the officials should be consistent and at least make the no-calls in the last minute rather than the first 17 of the third period.

And yes the Goal probably should've counted, seemed like the old NFL rule, clear evidence to over turn, why did he rule like thtat right away, because he had no idea.

I disagree, on the replay from in back of Ryder you can see he was in perfect posiition to make the call and made it without hesitation. I'm as pissed as anyone the goal didn't count, but I think it was the right call.

Centre-Ice was showing the Sabres feed of the game, and all I kept seeing during the breaks throughout the game was Ko-horse-ski "tutoring" the younger McAuley ....through their animations they looked like they were discussing plays, with Ko-horse-ski doing most of the talking....it's like he was preaching him not to be intimidated by the home crowd into making calls against the visitors, even on obvious penalties......those 2 at the end were penalties, and needed to be called, but others against the Sabres were missed (like the interference on Ryder to the right of the goalie when he didn't even have the puck) .........inconsistent reffing cost us this game.

:unsure:

They wouldn't happen to be missing there top 3 players plus a few more key ones, would they? Afternoon game? Hmmm...5-1 Sabres, 12 shots on goal. Not what I want but.... I am not as won over yet as everyone else by the 2 weekend game results. Boston is weak, not a playoff team and Philly was depleted. Oh, and we only split with Boston.

Glad to say I was dead wrong on the effort of the boys last night. Well played, poorly officiated game. Tocchet's fault, as was the super bowl, the fix was in. :unsure:

While we're on the subject - Ribeiro said his long bomb pass to Kovalev was inspired by the Steelers in the Super Bowl last week. :D

ok how did that go exactly? hey koharski have another donut you fat pig! prick

Hey quit stealing Jim Schonfelds lines.

Ultimatley two dumb ass penalties cost the Habs the game. With under two minutes to go, you have to have your hands on your stick (koivu)... and you also have to have contol of your stick (Begin). End of story

That cost us a huge point.

Ya gotta love the way the team has played the last 3 games, 5 out of a possible 6 points and it just as easily could have been 6 of 6. I think they are finally playing BG's system after getting used to it in practice since he took over. Up until the 2nd Boston game they were still employing CJ's ineffective trap. Now they have the agressive forecheck happening and it's paying dividends. The lines are more effective and the intensity level is up where it should be. Hopefully it continues. Oh yeah solid goaltending sure doesn't hurt either. I don't think Theo gets another start till after the break.

Okay rough game but plenty of positives.

All four lines played very well even strength.

Habs won 57% of the draws had 30+ shots

The PK although being victimized twice played well

KREX is getting better ever game (did you see how many time's he kept the puck in not to mention he had 3 shots on goal and led the team in hits with 6 and played over 19minutes.

Every habs had at least on hit excluding Perez and Plex.

Higgins, Ribs, Kovy, Dandy and Frankie were all plus players Souray was the only to wind up in the minus.

1) What a ripoff - The Ryder goal was a goal. I checked the rulebook.

2) The calls were garbage I agree.

Have faith all, the Hockey Gods will shine on us to compensate. Maybe we'll end up ripping off Toronto.

If they keep playing like this as a team with energy, Habs should be alright.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Well Trizzak, it appears I can't bank in advance of games... It might have to be the actual game-day. Hopefully we'll have better luck on Thursday.. I'll try and do my part.. :D

Well Trizzak, it appears I can't bank in advance of games... It might have to be the actual game-day. Hopefully we'll have better luck on Thursday.. I'll try and do my part.. :D

hey...Habs got a point out of it.