Conklin On Waivers

gohabsgo252006

Seems as though Ty Conklin was placed on waivers after yesterdays game. According to Spector's.

Could this move be a prelude to a trade for the Oilers to finally get a #1 goalie for their playoff run?

Rumors are abound around town, of who could be on the move, names that have been talked bout include, some defenceman (especially with the new additions of Spacek and Tarnstrom), Mike Peca, Raffi Torres. Those are names i've heard come up over some times.

In my opinion this move could also be simply to save money against the cap, by having him in the minors during the olympic break, the Oil would save a bit of cash.

Sepculation will be increasing in the next 24 hours once we see if Conklin is either claimed or passes through to see if a deal will go down.

I would hope it would be Theo, if we could get a Dman and Torres, not so high on Peca, although I like him, I feel it would be wasting money to have him and Bonk.

I'll be interested to see what they do though.

There have been no solid talks in Oiler land about a new #1. Conklin on waivers is simply becasue he is horrible. Markkanen and Morrison have easily outplayed him and Conks on waivers is simply something that we've known would happen and have been waiting to happen.

I personally don't expect the goalie that will evenually come to the Oilers is it is going to cost a major piece of the puzzle. I see the Oilers going after a guy like CuJo and then dipping in the UFA market next year. Lowe isn't going to be trading any of the core players for a stop gap in goal, that means; Pronger, Bergeron, Smith, Spacek, Horcoff, Torres, Stoll, Peca, Moreau, Smyth, Hemsky and maybe even Staios will be staying.

Edited by Boston Rob

I'd be surprised if the Oilers went after someone huge. Maybe a guy like Fernandez or Roloson and keep Morrison up (the kid's amazing. Avs should've won 8-2 or 9-2 tonight). But then what do you do with Conklin and Markaanen? Obviously one would be moved but you've still got another one to deal with.

Btw Rob, Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah :P

Conklin is gone after this year next year is a team option for him and I can guarantee the option own't be picked up. I expect Markkanen to be inluded in a deal for an upgrade in goal, leaving Morrison who I am quite immpressed with too. He's not going to be a starter, but a decent back up he is. He actually has the 2nd best shoot out stats this eyar behind only Brodeur. He'll be our shoot out goalie. :)

BTW Sniper I know the letter of the law says otherwise, but that Hemsky goal where the net was kicked off should have counted. Oh well, I really didn't expect them to win that game 3 games in 4 nights against a team who hadn't played since Saturday with Hejduk back spelled disaster. I hope they do better agasint Minny on Friday, I'm going to that game. :D

Conklin is gone after this year next year is a team option for him and I can guarantee the option own't be picked up. I expect Markkanen to be inluded in a deal for an upgrade in goal, leaving Morrison who I am quite immpressed with too. He's not going to be a starter, but a decent back up he is. He actually has the 2nd best shoot out stats this eyar behind only Brodeur. He'll be our shoot out goalie. :)

BTW Sniper I know the letter of the law says otherwise, but that Hemsky goal where the net was kicked off should have counted. Oh well, I really didn't expect them to win that game 3 games in 4 nights against a team who hadn't played since Saturday with Hejduk back spelled disaster. I hope they do better agasint Minny on Friday, I'm going to that game. :D

Haha, I know. That puck was going in the net no matter what. We just got lucky with Brisebois sliding into the net. I think Morrison's glove was in the net on Sakic's shot (Note: Goal) too but meh. The first 4 minutes of the 3rd period took 20 minutes to pass by. :blink:

Haha, I know. That puck was going in the net no matter what. We just got lucky with Brisebois sliding into the net. I think Morrison's glove was in the net on Sakic's shot (Note: Goal) too but meh. The first 4 minutes of the 3rd period took 20 minutes to pass by. :blink:

To tell you the truth I had fallen asleep during that supposed goal. I never did see the replay. But if it was that close then I guess the two cancel each other out.

To tell you the truth I had fallen asleep during that supposed goal. I never did see the replay. But if it was that close then I guess the two cancel each other out.

Eh, I think Smyth's kick and then us scoring a couple minutes later was the real momentum shifter of the game. Before that happened, both teams were pretty even.